FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The January 5th Chop Chop is comin?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
The January 5th Chop Chop is comin?
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 01:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-01 21:35, mieko wrote:
Bummer, rain would make things more difficult. Bill - how dry does your patio stay? I don't know how my pop-up would fare in the rain, but I can see about the plain ones my parents have. I'll think of some other ideas for backup plans too....

Yeah, man.......if we sweep up and stuff, can we chop under the patio?

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 10:09 am   Permalink

A newbie carver contacted me. He lives in Encinitas and seems to have a handle on palm wood/tools, etc. He has a truck. Should I ask him to come on Saturday? His name is John (Rusty) Powell. Does anybody know him?

And here's Otto at the De Young Museum with our carving pendant. He loves the thang, it's like his steppin' out formal wear pendant now! Snappy, huh?

Hey, is it my imagination or is Otto starting to look like a Tiki?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-01-02 10:29 am   Permalink

He looks like he his Shlitzie the pinhead's brother.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 2:38 pm   Permalink

I don't know your guy, Cammo, but I will be bringing a newbie myself.......Captain Diego Silang, to be exact. I found him on a small atoll, just outside of Fiji, attempting to lash two turtles together to carry his case of rum back to the mainland.........He didn't make it back with much rum, but we've got a few stories instead!

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 3:20 pm   Permalink

Just got word back from Rusty (AKA Johnny) and this is the one weekend he'll be busy, moving a la Clydsdalle. He'll make the next one, he sounds really itchy to get going.

Billy da Willies - does that guy have chisels or does he plan to cut & slash with a sabre?

And if he plans to borrow yours - does he know the penalty for misplacing or damaging your chisels????

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 4:11 pm   Permalink

there is no penalty for messin up billy's chisels....I'm convinced after seeing the way I got mine back from him that he keeps them in an old metal tool box in the back of his truck filled with blunt objects and water.

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 4:55 pm   Permalink

WHOAH THERE, PARDNER.........Those things were sharpened before you got them back and only used at the PIFA......same condition I got them in, but if you want to make a big deal out of it, I'll sharpen them again before I start carving on Saturday.

Anyways, yeah........Dino knows I'll eviscerate him with his own cutlass if he hurts my babies. I'm a little less worried about it now because I got my job back, though. If one gets damaged, I'll just leave it in the ribs of the guy who hurt it.

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 4:58 pm   Permalink

New stuff to play with :-)

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 5:05 pm   Permalink

That Two Cherries stuff gives me a hard-on. Gotta get a few of those!

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 7:25 pm   Permalink

I don't think it would be a good idea to chop under the patio only. It's the windy side of the house, and the rain blows in on it.

We can do a rain date the following Saturday if it really rains this week, but for now let's hope it'll be fine.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 9:20 pm   Permalink

Babs, where'd ya get the Two Cherries chisels? There's a place in town, in the Kearny Mesa area that carries them, but I forget the name.

Online?

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 06:49 am   Permalink

Found-um at the best darn hardware store on the planet....McGuckin's Hardware - Boulder, Colorado.

Long Drive - Short Flight

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 07:02 am   Permalink

Here's the info I dredged up -

Craftsman Studio

This is a new carving/woodworking store in San Diego, run by Bill Kohr. Its at 4848 Ronson Court, Suite L, in Kearny Mesa, and its website is

http://www.craftsmanstudio.com/

He carries Two Cherries products, but not a lot. Ask him to see the box he has full of 'em.

He also carries DVDs on how to sharpen chisels. This guy knows everything about sharpening chisels.

Still looks like rain.

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 07:12 am   Permalink

Somehow I think Billy is gonna freak & peak over this one -

This is a Two Cherries BRASS MALLET! Are these Two Cherries guys serious or WHAT??!!? Cripes, look at the bag it comes in!

Billy, if you get one you better carve yer name in this with a rhodium laser beam and hide one of those GPS anti-theft car tracking systems in the handle.

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 11:18 am   Permalink

Oh, yeah! That is freakin' SWEET, right there!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation