FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The January 5th Chop Chop is comin?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
The January 5th Chop Chop is comin?
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 11:39 am   Permalink

Pile in...I just watched the news...

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 11:58 am   Permalink

Two Cherries RULES! This is a sticker you can actually buy, I think it's like $2.98.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 12:07 pm   Permalink

Cool sticker, man.......enough to make any rockabilly douchebag want to become a carver.

On the reed boat? What do guys want to do if it seriously dumps? I still want to carve, if anyone down here wants to........just need a dry spot.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 2:11 pm   Permalink

How bout Buzzy's livingroom?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 2:23 pm   Permalink

Nice....How many people you think we can fit into Buzzy's living room?

We can probably get 3 in the kitchen if we move his collection of empty plastic Pepsi bottles outside.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 2:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-03 14:11, 4WDtiki wrote:
How bout Buzzy's livingroom?

That was my first thought.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 3:09 pm   Permalink

If it rains we'll just make it a clay/pendant/mug/sculpt/molds chop chop....under a tree!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 3:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-03 15:09, Clysdalle wrote:
If it rains we'll just make it a clay/pendant/mug/sculpt/molds chop chop....under a tree!

That's a fabulous idea. We could just stay inside and play with clay all day. Anybody want to offer up their living room?

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 6:09 pm   Permalink

Look, I'm probably not coming to this chop, (busy busy boy) but here's my 2 cents =

I've always thought it would be cool to simply make some hand-thrown mugs at a chop. Just build 'em up and use regular (clay)tools to get a carved tiki look. For a few bucks each Babalu could fire the lot and y'all could glaze them at the next Choppo. Presto bingo, a one of a kind personal mug.

These don't have to be seriously detailed mugs, something real simple would work fine. I've got some glazes to splatter on, etc.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 8:11 pm   Permalink

Hot-diggity! That's a sweet idea! What a great contingency plan for a rainy day! I would love to get my son involved in clay and with all the talent you folks have to offer I'm sure he'll completely dig it! (Am I hiding my own personal enthusiasm well enough?) I hope this is something everyone else is game for!

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 9:32 pm   Permalink

I don't have a ton of room, but I can host. We should be able to have 6-8 people working on stuff in the dining room - either clay or small carvings. No power tools, no big stuff, and I don't have any clay - but if someone can bring some, I'll find a tablecloth that we can work on.

Who can make it and does anyone have clay?

Mieko

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 12:46 am   Permalink

I'm out.......sister is sick, no sitter. Have fun guys.

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 06:55 am   Permalink

Well you all know me...I'm always in the mood to play with clay

Realistically, my studio would be the best place for us to do this; I'm all set up for us, but unfortunately (like Billy) I've got family members who are sick as well :-( I mean sick - sick, I was sick as a dog myself, and couch bound all last week. So Meiko, if your sure??, I am up for it...clay does get messy you know.

Clay: I don't have enough to go around right now, but I might be able to jump down to Freeform Ceramics at lunch and pick us up some cone 4, white body, low fire clay. This type of clay will handle all those colorful glazes you all crave. I will have to
un-bag it tonight and let it sit out as it is normally very soft. It can be harder to sculpt with than that cone 6 clay we played with at that one Chop at Bill's house.

So, chime in everyone who can do this. I will need to know how much clay to get. Sorry you can't make it Billy...next time brother.

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 07:08 am   Permalink

I'll definitely be there. What time?

mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 10:48 am   Permalink

Sounds like fun, I'll pitch some money in for clay if Babs can get some.

I'd say 9:30am would be a good time for me. I'll probably bring in the folding table so we can hose it down later. Or we might work in the garage if it's not too cold out there.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation