FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The January 5th Chop Chop is comin?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
The January 5th Chop Chop is comin?
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 11:05 am   Permalink

Well I'm still in, but what's the story on the where it's at, Babs place?

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 11:23 am   Permalink

Actually, I might make it. Babs - I'm in for clay, I'd love to whip up something fast and goofy.

Everybody should jump in on this! This gonna be FUN!

The rain thing is weird. Weather.com has changed the local forecast drastically 3 times in 3 days. They're predicting anything from a hurricane to light hail to drippy all day mist, but it sure looks nice out there right now!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-04 11:53 am   Permalink

I'm in. I was going to give Clysdalle a little mold making instruction on a project he's got going, so perhaps that would be of interest to some.

Mieko, are you going to take some cash from the Chop fund to reimburse Babs for clay?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 11:59 am   Permalink

Hi guys, I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm sick too. I hope to see you at the next one!

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 12:00 pm   Permalink

I'll cover any costs for the boy & I, no worries there.

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 12:28 pm   Permalink

Just got back from Freeform...Guess what...they are closed until 1/7....does that suck or what? These dudes have beter than banker hours. They are only open M-F 8:30 am til 4:00 pm - closed any and all holidays, real holidays or holidays they make up.

We can still do a clay thing...but I/m not sure that tomorrow will work...Don't know where to buy the clay we need.

Bummed!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 12:33 pm   Permalink

Hey Babs, PM me a list of what you are looking for and I'll see if I can find it up here, got a few sources for art supplies. Give me quantities too.

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 12:49 pm   Permalink

True Birdman, I had not thought of that...If your up that way anyway...

"Laguna Clay" is a good place to check. I'm sure there are other ceramics supply places as well.

I don't think people will be going too big on their stuff?

I think 100 lbs (2 boxes = 2 - 25' bags in each box) of a white bodied - Cone 04 clay would be fine. Let them know that we are sculpting with it....they might have something with a little gritter feel - I don't know?

Good thinking T-Bird

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 12:57 pm   Permalink

Ok, just checked with Blicks here and they have 2-50lb boxes of white cone 03-05 holding for me, is that ok? Price is $20.99 ea, is that good?

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 1:12 pm   Permalink

There's a Blicks downtown San Diego, I think they carry the same stuff; I was going to suggest that.

Babs, you should just come up with a round number for clay/firing per mug, I don't think we want to take $$ out of the Chop Fund cause not everybody will be doing this, and if some people want to make several they can plop down cash for each.

What say ya?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 1:26 pm   Permalink

Just got hold of the tech at laguna clay and they have 100 lbs of EM347 whiteware w/ grog for under $30.00, better?

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 1:42 pm   Permalink

Okay. So if I'm understanding everything properly, we're doing Clay Day at Mieko's at 9:30 am. T Bird's bringing the clay, and we're all bringing the dough to reimburse him and Babalu (for the firing.)

We've got:

T Bird & Son
Cammo
Babalu
Mieko
Bowana
Clysdalle
Kate

Zaya and Billy can't make it. What about Bill and Buzzy?

Did I get it right?

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 2:07 pm   Permalink

Hey Birdman,

I would prefer the Laguna clay with the grog in it, that is unless it's way out of your way to get it? In that case, we can play with the other stuff.

I have enough clay here at my cosa for me, but I will be happy to buy up whatever you all don't want from Birdman tomorrow and this 100 lbs he's picking up.

Zaya - Sorry you feel bad...rest up...go get that "Planet Earth" video disk set and couch up in front of the tube. Tell Buzzy to be a player and post up too. Tell him to check in here as well.

Wheeler...Sling some mud? Let's build something that puts the funk into funky!

mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 2:19 pm   Permalink

Sounds great. We'll also be doing spam musubi making, since my parents won't be able to make it down.

I think throwing some money at Babs/Tbird for the clay is a good idea, we can take a little vote on Saturday to be sure, but I also don't mind giving them some of my own cash for clay and firing.

As far as the "club" money goes, there were a few reservations about getting a sharpener that we can talk about, but I could see some money being very useful once next Oasis comes around.

I'll PM everyone on the list with my address in case you don't have it. Let me know if you need more detailed directions.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 2:20 pm   Permalink

Hell, Laguna is 8 minutes away, no worries there! So whats the verdict, Babs place or Meikos, I have directions to Babs, but not Miekos, and the only other thing I'm worried about is if there's a TV close by to keep tabs on the Football game? WILD CARD WEEKEND STARTS TOMORR0W!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation