FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Show off your Rattan!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Show off your Rattan!
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-14 12:54 pm   Permalink

Just picked these up. I'm super stoked as these are my first rattan pieces.

The seller told me the table tops had been replaced with oak, so those will have to be changed.
Anyhow, it'll be fun to fix 'em up, can't wait until they're done.

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-17 10:44 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone for posting your cleanup and restoration tips, they definitely came in handy. She's still got a long way to go, but there's a huge difference with a Murphy's Oil Soap wash and some orange oil.

I tried to use just the sudds from the from the MOS, applied 2 applications of orange oil, and washed the cushion covers. Next is the "super cleaning," getting all of the dirt out of the little knooks and cracks, more orange oil, a beeswax finish, and custom covers. Oh, and that table top is killing me

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-29 07:45 am   Permalink

Didn't expect to find one of these here! Mrs. 8FT always wanted a rattan aquarium so she's happy & that makes me happy too.
It was a yard sale find yesterday with a Mid-West price...$20 Just have to clean it because they had a turtle in it instead of fish.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KittyKat65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-06 08:17 am   Permalink

I just bought this set:

View Profile of KittyKat65 Send a personal message to KittyKat65      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-24 3:20 pm   Permalink

Found this huge vintage rattan shelving unit at Salvation Army on 1/2 price day for the office!

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-27 08:44 am   Permalink

Wow, lightning strikes twice in one month. Another yard sale find. This one is larger and more elaborate. Purchased from a former US serviceperson who brought it back from the Phillipines. Will probably keep this one and sell or trade the other one now. Don't have room for both.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KittyKat65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-30 11:52 am   Permalink

A start on my new family room...

[ This Message was edited by: KittyKat65 2012-05-30 11:55 ]

View Profile of KittyKat65 Send a personal message to KittyKat65      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-30 12:19 pm   Permalink

Very cool

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-12 04:44 am   Permalink

So back in 2007 I picked up this set of 2x 2 seaters & 2x single seaters for $200,
Regretably sold it a year later...

then shortly after I found this set "lovingly restored" with blue enamel, I passed these up..

now fast forward to July 2012 & I just bought this set on ebay for $300.. now just a quick 1200km (800mi?) drive each way to pick them up..

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Bev
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-13 12:54 am   Permalink

Man, great find and real cheap too, I found a set like this in Newtown but they want $3000.00 for the set.

View Profile of Bamboo Bev Send a personal message to Bamboo Bev      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KittyKat65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-13 09:25 am   Permalink

Great price and nice set!

As a former Sydney gal, I agree that Newtown prices are ridiculous.

Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-13 8:33 pm   Permalink

Agreed, Newtown is ridiculous, but that's the price you pay to walk into a store and take home the rare furniture you want without scouring the earth for months/years, getting up on the weekend before sunrise to go to swapmeets, carboot sales, yard sales, thrift stores, church stalls, markets etc. And then there's ebay, gumtree, craigslist etc...
nice to look at though!!!

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Bev
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-14 05:30 am   Permalink

Yeah, we don't buy from there just go and check out the cool stuff and get ideas. I just picked up a real nice art deco style lounge suite today for $140 from an op shop, not realy tiki but looks real cool and to good to pass up.

View Profile of Bamboo Bev Send a personal message to Bamboo Bev      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-13 5:35 pm   Permalink

I just scored a great old rattan bar from a local thrift store.

Have not seen one like this before with the rounded shelves on each end.

The back is nice with lots of room and two rattan drawers.

Going to use as sofa table for now until the Tiki Room gets up and running.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-13 7:32 pm   Permalink

Beautiful bar Dusty, you are a lucky one.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation