FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Show off your Rattan!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Show off your Rattan!
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-08 6:37 pm   Permalink

We picked up this 5 piece set a few years back at a yard sale for $100. The couch is 3 separate pieces. It has been sitting in one of our sheds ever since then. It had two layers of covers, both were in floral prints with blues & pinks. I should have taken a picture of it before hand, but I couldn't take the look of the print. Even the table has flowers on it. While we were in PA recently we went to a few shops and picked up this great vintage fabric. So the covering of the cushions has now been completed and I'm very happy with the results. So off to the cabana it went.

the 5th piece is the plant stand.

[Over the hill and scraping my way up the other side, but I'll be damned if I'm going down with out a fight!]
MYSPACE

[ This Message was edited by: tikipaka 2009-03-08 18:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikipaka 2009-03-08 18:44 ]

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-08 7:46 pm   Permalink

$100 is a great bargain. Good score!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 02:55 am   Permalink

I really like the fabric... you've got a good eye!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
countritiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-11 7:06 pm   Permalink

I second the fabric, nice stuff. Looks like a fun room to hang in. And I think that's the point!

george

View Profile of countritiki Send a personal message to countritiki  Goto the website of countritiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kamaina Kraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-21 7:14 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2009-03-21 18:58, Kamaina Kraig wrote:
Just scored this great 5 shelf wicker shelf at a shop today. It is in great shape and I love the tight weave of the wicker on the side. The color of it is excellent. Hope everyone else is finding what they like also.

Here are a couple pics of it.

Have a Tikimongous day!!

Craig

View Profile of Kamaina Kraig Send a personal message to Kamaina Kraig  Email Kamaina Kraig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-22 04:06 am   Permalink

Kraig, you've got the start of a terrific tiki bar!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kamaina Kraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-22 06:08 am   Permalink

Thanks Bongo....where in Indiana are you from. I graduated from Speedway High School. My mom and sis still live in Speedway and my brother lives on a lake in Martinsville where they all have Tiki Bars on their docks.

View Profile of Kamaina Kraig Send a personal message to Kamaina Kraig  Email Kamaina Kraig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-22 06:37 am   Permalink

Hey Kraig Nice score on the shelf. You may want to attach it to the wall with some screws and some type of washer as those can get a little wobbly when you start to fill it up. Great space for a bar you have there. The dark paneling will lend it's self well to some low mood lighting. Enjoy.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-04-12 1:15 pm   Permalink

I just found this 3 section couch with cofee and end tables last week in Easton, PA. The set is by Beverly Hills Rattan and also includes a full dining room set (table and 6 chairs). I had already gotten the rocker about a month ago.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-12 1:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-12 13:15, rugbymatt wrote:
I just found this 3 section couch with cofee and end tables last week in Easton, PA. The set is by Beverly Hills Rattan and also includes a full dining room set (table and 6 chairs). I had already gotten the rocker about a month ago.

VERY NICE upgrades there Rugbymatt also like those two lamps you have! Is your tiki room a basement area? Are you putting the dining room set into your room? Hope you got them for a good $$! Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-17 10:04 pm   Permalink

What's that coming in through my front door??

FINALLY, Craigslist gives up a vintage rattan bar in Kansas City!!!!!!!

Of course my cats had to inspect it right away

Wish it still had the stools with it. ;(

Has a great little pull out shelf to hold bottles and more.

Check out those hairpin legs!

This bar is fantastic and is so well made that you can sense it was created by real craftsmen and not just a shop cranking out cookie cutter cheapos.
ROJAS HOME ARTS furniture Cavite City, Philippines
I didn't find any previous references to this manufacturer here on TC but did find a site honoring the maker whose family provides the history of the company.
http://www.freewebs.com/bernardorojas/excerptsfromhisthesis.htm

Furniture Business
Sometime in the mid 50s, Bernardo Rojas and Virginia Salcedo put up a furniture business named ROJAS HOME ARTS( main office and show room located at San Antonio,Cavite City near Sangley Point with another show room in Mabalacat, Pampanga). It sold rattan furniture to a wide variety of customers,most prominent of which were the officers of the United States Armed Forces stationed in Sangley point in Cavite City. This was a thriving business until 1962 when it closed shop due to their separation.

[ This Message was edited by: 8FT Tiki 2009-04-17 22:17 ]

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-17 10:25 pm   Permalink

8ft,

That bar is absolutely beautiful. Awesome score.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-17 10:50 pm   Permalink

Great score 8ft! Nice mix of tiki and mod there with the rattan front and hairpin legs, never seen that before. Looks like nice solid mahogany, at least where the nameplate is attached.
Use it well!
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-18 10:13 am   Permalink

He shoots! He scores! Veerry nice!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-19 9:17 pm   Permalink

Nice clean little bar 8ft , great score .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation