FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » New York City TC ohana hang? Mr. Ho visiting and wants to !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
New York City TC ohana hang? Mr. Ho visiting and wants to !
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-27 12:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-27 11:28, tabuzak wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-12-27 10:56, velveteenlounge wrote:
The Velveteen Lounge highly recommends the vinyl WAITIKI offering!

As do I, but you should have the CD also! There are additional tracks.

Jack

Oh, we do, never fear!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-27 2:11 pm   Permalink

We'll go for a CD too!!!
See you all later!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-27 2:18 pm   Permalink

mahalo for all the kind words folks! I'll bring a stash. cya soon.

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-27 2:58 pm   Permalink

Mr. Ho is away from his computer and texting me to find out what name the reservation at Shun Lee's is under. Kiki did you make a reservation?

Will you guys be out in full regalia so he cannot miss you?

Jack

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-27 3:50 pm   Permalink

No reservation. We meet by the bar.

Running late, but we're on our way!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-28 08:57 am   Permalink

NY Ohana!

What a pain! Apparently, tabuzak says the address was posted in one of the messages here; I guess i shoulda looked more closely ;-( i am REALLY sorry i missed the hang on your end although it sounds like you all had a bash worthy of any TC hang anyways I am down in NYC often and since I cannot most likely make Ottos tonight, we'll have to strive for something else. Perhaps King Yums - the scene at 155. e. 55th was weak - a Mai Tai there is OJ, bacardi gold, castillo white, some odd mix (pineapple and lime juice?), and amaretto - yuck! In my opinion, most of the best tiki drinks are served in house parties anyways and if you cant get a great drink, then at least make sure the decor is great and the vessels are Approved as we say. I hear king yums is up there in that department. Tabuzak's house is also well equipped on the music and cocktail front

I also dug deeper on flatiron etc; they arent making the real zombie - in fact, i probably wouldnt even ask based on the response i got word of via Sasha Petrask of Milk and Honey who knows the pegu/flatiron owners - NYC bartenders are still apparently on the down about the tiki cocktail beyond say, the Mai Tai (last night's was pretty good - they used brugal anejo...not bad). "it was the sex on the beach of it's era" - was the response and "i probably wouldn't ask for it if its not on the menu" type of comments were received.

http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-28 10:48 am   Permalink

Before I start this post please know that even though we missed Mr Ho it was certainly not a wasted night. Any excuse to get together with the crew is a good one! That said there are 2 Shun Lees on the island that is New York City and Mr Ho was not at the one we often hang at which is near Lincoln Center on 65th and Broadway.

that said injoy...

one dumpling - No Mr. Ho

one shrimp roll or is that a vegetable roll? - No Mr. Ho

some sauces - no Mr. Ho

one zombie - we drank them out of Mai Tais and still No MR. Ho

Is that Mr Ho?

nope its a monkey you fool!

Next White Dragon drinks

made of this

toastin Mr. Ho (still not there)

close up

things are getting fuzzy

Hey we have these portable communication devices lets call Jack to find Mr. Ho..

Word is Mr. Ho is spotted at the Jazz Place on St Marks Jules
Let's finish up our drinks and go!

No Mr. Ho here at Jules - more communication and even some texting.

MR. Ho is off to a crowded land in another part of the city..
well we are here so lets go for some PTD drinks and of course Hot dogs!

Like I said it was still fun and too bad we missed each other but we'll try again!
even Crazy Als necklace made an appearance at PTD

is that you Mr ho?

nope a stupid monkey again!
Well now you all have my cell # and obviously the cell shots were shot in post for effect!

cu all again - next time we meet out of towners lets PM some cell numbers around and try to make the hook up happen!
all in good fun!
Mahalo -

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FrikiTiki

Posted: 2007-12-28 11:10 am   Permalink

Is that a monkey??

View Profile of FrikiTiki Send a personal message to FrikiTiki  Goto the website of FrikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-28 1:25 pm   Permalink

No, it's a "stupid monkey".

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-28 1:38 pm   Permalink

Lol, this is awesome jack! thanks! Glad you all had a photo journey. What no mai tai photos? and why is the zombie red? no grenadine in that sucker!
http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-28 2:15 pm   Permalink

We drank all the mai tais they could make - the zombie creation was there choice - it was not bad but could have use less grenadine - like none!

C ya next time!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-28 2:31 pm   Permalink

Sorry I missed this mis-adventure, it looks like fun was had by all. I wish I could make it on the 7th too but alas I am stuck working. Some of us had previously discussed a King Yum adventure after the holidays so look for that post soon.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-28 4:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-28 14:31, rugbymatt wrote:
Some of us had previously discussed a King Yum adventure after the holidays so look for that post soon.

We're definitely still in for King Yum--mid to later in the month is better.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-28 5:52 pm   Permalink

If I weren't so far north of the proceedings, I probably would have been there too. I wonder if I would have been mistaken for a monkey too?

Thanks for the full report. Just the kind of report I like to see on my desk first thing Monday morning.

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-29 6:36 pm   Permalink

Mr. Ho. was spotted at the VIP room at Scores !!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation