FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Hey, look what my friend made!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Hey, look what my friend made!!!!
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-11 6:00 pm   Permalink

Actually, Trader Tom, that is a coaster. The Derby Daiquiri would be served in a special stemmed cocktail glass and the bottom would slip into that circle so that the "coaster" would stay with your glass and keep the condensation off your suit pants or aloha dress!

Here are two pictures: one of the cannibals without the center missing (although it's a different drawing) and one of the man himself holding a Derby Daquiri with the coaster attached.

[ This Message was edited by: GatorRob 2008-01-11 18:06 ]

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-11 6:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the correction. The hole punch threw me off. Since it IS a coaster that makes it even more suitable for a "coaster series" of repros. I can't think of any other vintage coasters right off hand. Maybe a look through the website Arkiva Tropika would turn up more. It doesn't seem to be working right now though. I tried to get on and it was a jumble of images. I think there was a promising coaster from Sebastian's Hut with an image of the Goof, but I couldn't get to it easily. Good luck with the search!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-12 7:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-07 19:36, bongofury wrote:
Looks great! I would love the same sign with Don The Beachcomber part changed to "Drifter's Reef" to hang on our new deck!

Bongo,

Here's a 3D mock up my friend did...

Cheers!

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-30 6:07 pm   Permalink

Hey Folks,

My friend Leo whipped up this wonderful 14" x 22" Don the Beachcomber sign for my wall. As you can see, it was made from a scan of the coaster.

The highlights may look black, but it's actually espresso brown. All we did was seal it with some polyurethane. It looks really cool.

Love to hear some feedback...

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation