FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving HodadHank's tikijunk: Colab w/ Wild Bill progress pics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
HodadHank's tikijunk: Colab w/ Wild Bill progress pics
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-17 1:28 pm   Permalink

Great stuff, The two middle ones are great characters.
Looks like u have a real fun place to carve.

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 3:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks Grapa!

HUGE MAHALO's to whichever Secret Santa dropped off a few fat palms for our newbies to dig into.

Rita wants to start a moai so maybe this would be a good time for a visit from Bowana (so he can model)!

I really wanted to check out Babalu's bitchin studio last weekend. Damn. I'm beginning to think the only way I can attend art workshops is to host them myself on whatever day I can juggle my tiny staff and hope that at least a couple pals will join me...

I've also started a list at the Boutiki of customers and neighbors who'd love to participate whenever, and have about ten starter mask blanks drying for newbies.

Interested complete novices are encouraged to drop me a PMski.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-19 5:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-19 15:55, hodadhank wrote:
Rita wants to start a moai so maybe this would be a good time for a visit from Bowana (so he can model)!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 8:11 pm   Permalink

Hmmm,, I Just don't know about this guy, Looks kinda like he's got his nose stuck into everyones business, or am I imagining things? Other than that, Excellent carve. Really Nice Moai.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-20 01:49 am   Permalink

I simply cannot believe my eyes when I look at the third beauty from the left
What kind o wood is that ?
Didn't understand the things about the price size... but I'll for sure purchase one when I'll recover a bit of money after this f****** credit crash

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-20 11:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-20 01:49, benella wrote:

I simply cannot believe my eyes when I look at the third beauty from the left
What kind o wood is that ?
Didn't understand the things about the price size... but I'll for sure purchase one when I'll recover a bit of money after this f****** credit crash

Benjamin.

Benella, mahalo for the nice words. Er... I think these are all Ficus.

I just try to carve whatever people donate to the program. Sometime's the wood is uncarvable like a batch of what my tree trimmer friend calls sponge oak. Two days after removing the bark the log split open revealing a honeycomb patterned grain like a luffa! Really cool looking but worthless to me.

About the price/size thing: Remember I own a shop? Well most small tikis sold around San Diego are inexpensive southeast asian imports by anonymous carvers. The low price is very seductive to genre newbies so I wanted to offer three sizes of signed tabletop American tikis at competitive pricing, each boasting finer detailing and finishing work than it's smaller brother.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 01:56 am   Permalink

Realy good little tikis Hank! I hadn't realized you had that much Imported competition but I guess it is getting pretty tough. it's the "Importers" who are making it hard for everyone. Anyway It looks like you are doing a Great deal to promote the local tiki carving groups and it is so nice to see that happening and to see you getting the results from so many peeps.

I was cleaning up my shop/garage yesterday and ran across a couple interesting boxes, one being full of chunks o different types and sizes of carving wood I had intended on sending you "Yearz" ago, MY BAD. I'll send it out today with me sincerest apologies. The other box contained a few blanks sent to me to be carved which I had also forgotten about, DAYYUM, i have really been Slipping here recently. I'll have to open that box and do something soon.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 12:25 pm   Permalink

Yes! those are some great looking fellas.
Very nice lines.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 11:11 pm   Permalink

Hank, love the Tangs!

Great, simple flowing lines which make the tikis easily identifiable and a style all their own!

Can't wait to see the Marqs!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 08:24 am   Permalink

Tony and Rita are doing great jobs! I think they should have threads, if you can carve you can post (and you probably can design too why ripping off?) Keep up the great work!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 5:25 pm   Permalink

Nice chops! They look so elegant, and simple...but we KNOW they're not! Nice work.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buzzard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-25 10:40 pm   Permalink

man hh you are like the tom sawyer of tiki
set your stuff up on the sidewalk and get these pretty
girls to make tikis for you
boy you have the life

great stuff

View Profile of buzzard Send a personal message to buzzard  Email buzzard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-04 09:24 am   Permalink

Thank you everyone. Especially Ben who's apprentice I remain.

Here's some finishing work on the largest ficus Tang. This size gets a necklace so still not done yet...

kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-04 09:40 am   Permalink

Hodad..Im amazed with all the creativity and originality you put in your tikis, so much character, I love them.. and its great to see you passing some of that on to others.Keep up the good work...kirby

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-04 3:23 pm   Permalink

This piece is simply wonderful.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation