FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving HodadHank's tikijunk: Colab w/ Wild Bill progress pics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
HodadHank's tikijunk: Colab w/ Wild Bill progress pics
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-07 1:03 pm   Permalink

Shines like a star, can't wait till you get that pendant on him.

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 2:00 pm   Permalink

Mahalo guys!

Hey dig this... It's my little nephew Ogie. (Forgot to post these during T-day weekend).

We got day passes for Belmont Park, rode the coaster eight times as well as every other ride available. By the end of the afternoon I had this parade of kids following me around to take a whack at me in the bumper car! They even joined us on some of the scarier rides. Guess nothings that scary when you re next to an old guy and a ten year old pretending to throw up on each other... Rita and Linda, Ogie's mom just laughed at us and ate ice cream!

Next day... down to some tutoring sanding down a portion of one of our original four tutorial masks which we're calling THE BILKO HIJACK, named after the surprisingly cohesive confluence of borrowed styles, and some funny old story about Billy the Crud not knowing what a heavy dude Bosko was.

Since I also didn't know who Bosko was (prior to the late 1900's) it struck me funny. Come-on, anybody who's EVER NOT KNOWN who Bosko was hold your breath. oops sorry Hanford. I killed everybody.

Anyhooo... All I know is that both cats can carve circles around me.. probably Ogie pretty soon too!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 2:33 pm   Permalink

Wow, good job Ogie! He's already kicking my butt!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-03 4:05 pm   Permalink

Here's some pics from a recent trip to Momma Hodaddy's place in Ft Myers FLA...

Why there's the Grande Old Dame now, sporting a glass Humuhumu by Turtle...

I swear my father's liquor cabinet hasn't been rooted through for fifteen years or more...

What a surprise to find loads of swinging mid-century party gear and Hawaiiana including random vintage swizzles, napkin sets, giant carved silverware, orchid place-mats, mosaic ashtrays and an assortment of funky trivets including an wooden OMC and a set of ceramic OMC ashtrays in the ever popular "french onion soup bowl style"!

Wanted to tease my pal Vigsy so had to dig into mom's old 33's & 78's. Apparently working at a record shop and radio station had its perks! The soundtracks to my jazzy, easy-listening childhood.

Hey look... an album by God himself.
A Disc Jockey sample to be exact.

(The first albums of my very own were gifts from Mom: Beatles Red & Blue on Red & Blue vinyl of course. Thanks for letting me grow up at least semi-normal, Ma! I can't imagine what would have become of me if I thought music ended when Frank Sinatra lost his voice!)

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-04 12:08 am   Permalink

OMG! soooo coool. just remember playing frisbee with my folks 78's in the backyard. boy do i feel dumb nowdays. thoug they did explode in a great pattern when contacting ANYTHING. you are so lucky.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-04 08:17 am   Permalink

any parents of Hank
that would have had a hand in shaping
the man we see today
MUST be way-too-friggin-awesome Cool!
Theory Proved Correct!
That pic of you and mumsy is sooperdoopersweet!

and my!my!
your pappy had those keen eyes for cool stuff too!
Thanks for posting these treasures!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 6:22 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for checking in Big Daddy & LLT!

Here's my latest. trying to tie up loose ends before starting anything new. Mindfullness. I've got a half dozen projects started and dropped here and there not to mention the contents of Benzart's CHALLENGE BOX. I have resolved to carve every scrap by midnite 2010!

"Mellow Moai avec Birdmen". Mexican Fan Palm & mixed media.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-01 7:07 pm   Permalink

Your last piece is very nice, I enjoy checking your pictures whenever they come up. Keep them coming.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 11:20 am   Permalink

Looking good Hank!

Oh, and the carvings are nice too.

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-02 11:54 am   Permalink

WoW! Love it! The back the crossed legs very creative carve.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 5:33 pm   Permalink

Mahalo fellas!

I started this moai just before a chop at Meiko's house several months ago and he's been patiently waiting for me to become motivated again.

Your feedback is MUCH appreciated and VERY encouraging.

Also managed to finish up "The MEZO-MARQ".

For the low down and more detailed pics of this very personally satisfying collaboration w/ my buddy Erik The Red please check out Freaky Boutiki Marketplace thread and tell me what you think...

squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-05 10:51 am   Permalink

Hodaddy! Holy crap man....when do you have time to run your fine retail establishment?

You're busting out some fine pieces! I especially like that Mellow Moai.

Got more views of the Mezo-Marq??? I wanna see the full monty!!!!!

squiddly

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-05 11:15 am   Permalink

hodadhank!

Wow, you're cranking out some very creative and inspirational pieces!

Love the paint technique on the moai!

The shades of grey really show off the features!

And the Marquesan... great use of color and some great detail work going on... something new jumps out every time I look at it.

Keep up the creative carvings!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-05 1:20 pm   Permalink

like i said...MEZO-MARQ is the perfect cross-cultural tiki piece of the future!
and that mellow Moai....tasty! love the birdmen on the back!
Hank....you CRANK!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-05 3:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-05 10:51, squid wrote:
Hodaddy! Holy crap man....when do you have time to run your fine retail establishment?

You're busting out some fine pieces! I especially like that Mellow Moai.

Got more views of the Mezo-Marq??? I wanna see the full monty!!!!!

squiddly

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation