FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving HodadHank's tikijunk: Colab w/ Wild Bill progress pics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
HodadHank's tikijunk: Colab w/ Wild Bill progress pics
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-25 10:58 am   Permalink

Yeah Me too, Ditto those guys. Nice color job and Great carve, front And back.

BUT, Who IS This guy, your long lost baby brother, or did you finally find something? He looks Awfully Familiar!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-01 06:55 am   Permalink

Ha! Hi guys...

Yeah, I guess I do look pretty different these days. I think my buddy Heath was dissappointed we no longer BOTH looked like a couple of deranged civil war veterans.

I've been trying to live healthier: Tai Chi, jogging everyday, lifting weights, sparring w/some boxers at the gym and mixed martial @ friend's pivate dojo. Alot of things changing in my life lately for the better.

Not too shabby for 43, which I hear is the new 33! (Rediculous).

Hey Ben, here's that old box you convinced me not to chuck in the bay. Not perfect but a great excersise in Maori style detailing. Those fern patterns are so important to the culture they show up everywhere.

AHHHH-Baloney eyes!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-01 10:07 am   Permalink

HEY NOW!

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-01 7:28 pm   Permalink

The Big Mellow Moai Looks great in the bar.
You are looking healthy and happy.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-01 9:22 pm   Permalink

Looks like you've been keeping those carving tools sharp, Hank. Nice detail on the box.

Looking good, you big stud-man! I hardly recognized ya.

Bo

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buzzard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 10:17 am   Permalink

hey hh
the new chops and the new you look great

View Profile of buzzard Send a personal message to buzzard  Email buzzard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jab tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-15 12:18 am   Permalink

Hey Hank, You Lean, Mean, Chopping Machine,
Looking Good.
Hope to see you soon.
-Johnny B.

View Profile of jab tiki Send a personal message to jab tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-15 07:46 am   Permalink

WOW, Excellent job on the box Ho Daddy don't know how I missed this so long. Really happy you saved it.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-15 10:08 am   Permalink

hey there Hodaddy Hank! great pieces, man! love the Mezzo marq most-more proof of early travel/trade between the two!!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-07 2:17 pm   Permalink

Thanks 4 da kind woids fellas!
Koa Tangaroa on its way to Minnesota! Aloha little fella.

So my Seaforth Memorial Tangaroa may end up taking up permanent residence at THE LANDING, once a large Squared mid century a-frame, now a mediterranian eyesore. Truns out a good buddy is great friends with the owner.
The tapa pattern on the pedistal is based upon structural elements photographed at the doomed architectural gems prior to demolition.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-08 08:07 am   Permalink

Nice stuff there Hodaddy, we need MORE Pic's!

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-08 08:10 am   Permalink

Hey Hank!
Very cool maori box
and great new look you're sporting there!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-11 4:59 pm   Permalink

Holy Moly... Puter died this mornin AGAIN. Only spent seven hours on phone with Bagladesh to fix. Needed a new Memory stick. Same thing happened exactly a month and seven days ago. Of course my one month warrenty had expired last week. grumblegrumble...
___

Hahaha!!! More pics??? No way Ben. Somebody told me I was on the top ten picture whore list I immediately got selfconcious. " ...am I a shameless self promoter? I used to hate those kind of guys..." You know somebody actually posted a sign on the fence of poor out of business Solai Bamboo on Morena Blvd saying they HAD MOVED TO ANOTHER LOCATION which turned out to be another well known tiki store. Man thats some big brass ones, eh?

So bro, where can I get one of those groovy hook knife sets for my students? I've got a dude who's kookoo for cocopuffs and is gonna ruin all my blades before he even has a chance to cut off a finger with one of his very own knives. You gonna get some of those thinner flexy ones let me know I'll take a grip! Hows FLA?
___

Thanks Kinny. Tryin to attract the Betties. You gots Betties 4 me in Long Beach? Everybodies telling me to dye my hair too. Cripes. I dunno. I earned every bit of this damn grey and everybody knows all the alpha gorillas are always the ones with the silver hair!

I still mean to come up to visit KinnyCave but these new seventy hour weeks are really cramping my social life. I keep expecting to pass myself on the walk from the bay to the beach! I haven't been able to box, run or kayak in ages and excersise is important for my noggin... But I got to hang a youth art exhibit in Carmel Ranch yesterday with my friend Chaz Bot and I only had to get up at five to do it. Fun, But think I'm gonna send ETR to carve exhibition at the Hanohano Outrigger Luau. He's better than me anyway and feakier. besides I'm bushed.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-11 5:16 pm   Permalink

hank, order those sets with the plastic handles from warren cutlery.

http://www.warrencutlery.com/indexb.htm

Part KB3 - Basic Kit (Our best selling whittling kit)
Kit includes: *HB3- 3.75" long plastic handle thats tough+ durable with a three way solid brass jaw chucking system(holds large and small blades as well as our interchangeable chisels and gouges). *Set of 6SBL interchangeable knife blades(made from high carbon tool steel double tempered & hardened to Rockwell 60 C-scale): #20(15/16" radius),#21,#11,#10(15/16" radius),#8(2" radius) and #22(radius 2"). ALL TOOLS COME RAZOR SHARP!!!! This is a great starter kit you can add many accessories to after you get started with your hobby.MADE IN THE USA!!
Price: $18.50

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-12 4:36 pm   Permalink

Right on! Thanks Perry!!!

Hey man is it hot enough to cook an egg on the hood of your car yet? Take a picture 4 me and throw some bacon and a side of hashbrowns on there too! Mahalo nui loa!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation