FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving HodadHank's tikijunk: Colab w/ Wild Bill progress pics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
HodadHank's tikijunk: Colab w/ Wild Bill progress pics
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 09:42 am   Permalink

Workin on some comish stuff right now... a troublesome mahogany maori shifter knob for some nice hot rodders 9knuckles are screaming... and a mask for the coach of the Islanders but was able to seal Kewpietang in time for Oasis.

Needed someone to guard the salt water taffy while Toni sold MUNKTIKIs!. Had a couple nibbles but wasn't ready to part with him yeat so quoted outrageous prices!

Maybe twenty inches tall...

Find Kewpie...

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 7:18 pm   Permalink

Mahagony Maori shifter knob based on a great Mieko resin.
I still need to polish and inlay paua disc w/ shifter pattern
on top. This wood is a knuckle buster! Ouch.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 4:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-24 19:18, hodadhank wrote:
Mahagony Maori shifter knob based on a great Mieko resin.
I still need to polish and inlay paua disc w/ shifter pattern
on top. This wood is a knuckle buster! Ouch.

Finally!!! Git dat thang finished. I dig the stain.

And it is heavy enough for a shifter knob! 1/2 lb. probably.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 7:39 pm   Permalink

Really nice carve Hank, LOTS of tight detail in this one and it Sure introduces you to the good and BAD aspects of carving Mahogany. very well done.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomolos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-26 07:14 am   Permalink

Great shifter knob - a lot of character

View Profile of nomolos Send a personal message to nomolos      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-26 08:09 am   Permalink

FIND KEWPIE...

do i win?
do i win?

is there even a prize?

huh huh huh?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 5:21 pm   Permalink

More of the mahagony knob that wouldn't die and some comish in-process mask pics for Benzart.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 5:43 pm   Permalink

Love the detail on the shifter knob, those spirals are fun fun fun in the mahogany which is "Chippy" to start but you have to chance knife directions every1/4 turn or so so you aren't cutting INTO the grain like you are doing in Both the last 2 photos. Cutting Into the grain like that makes for a ragged edge or detail line. On that "V" notch line you swap the chisel around so you cut With the grain and it becomes much easier.Does that make sense? Just one of those things you pick up after awhile carving wood.
Love that Shirthank, Where did you find it?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 6:39 pm   Permalink

Shifter knob looks good Hank.
But why is this guy upside-down?

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-13 12:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-11 18:39, Heath wrote:
Shifter knob looks good Hank.
But why is this guy upside-down?

Somebody started carving him wet and now his bottom is all moldy. ick. Somebody should come by and finish him.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 11:58 am   Permalink

Quote:
On 2009-09-13 12:09, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-09-11 18:39, Heath wrote:... why is this guy upside-down?

Somebody started carving him wet and now his bottom is all moldy. ick. Somebody should come by and finish him.

Hahahaha! For those playing at home that is a really cool Crested Hawaiian Tiki head started here at Freaky Boutiki by Heath himself and abandoned for a few months. Fear not we shall endevor to drag Heath back to carving beautiful Hawaiian style tikis. A talent like Heath's is a terrible thing to waste.

Anyhoo... The Maori Shifter was a hit and I'll post pics of it instaled and rockin down the highway as soon as I recieve them.

On to the next comission, A foot or so tall mask of the Glendale AZ ISLANDERS team logo for proud football coach as a gift to the team!

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-30 7:22 pm   Permalink

Benzart asked me to post more in -progress shots but since i'm the shutterbug these shall have to do. On to the next commission...

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-30 9:04 pm   Permalink

Cool stuff Hank.. About time you finished that NICE Shifter knob too. It really looks Sick!

tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-30 9:36 pm   Permalink

very cool shift knob, let me know when you get more thats very cool

View Profile of tikibad Send a personal message to tikibad  Email tikibad Goto the website of tikibad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-01 12:33 am   Permalink

cool shift keep up the good work

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation