FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving HodadHank's tikijunk: Colab w/ Wild Bill progress pics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
HodadHank's tikijunk: Colab w/ Wild Bill progress pics
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-27 04:40 am   Permalink

Nice collection there Hank, I really dig the skeleton crew. Stay busy
with your carving and french.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 10:15 am   Permalink

Ha! Hey Conga, how's Mindi doing in college?

Hope everybody enjoyed their Labor Day weekend.

Hard to tell if San Diego's new Beach Alcohol Ban is successful or tragic... This view of the Pacific should be obstructed by tents and happy families as far as the eye can see. At least the short boarders have plenty of room!

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-09-03 11:32 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 11:31 am   Permalink

Erik the Red & Dr No invited us to our favorite neighborhood resturant The China Inn August 28th for my Traditional Birthday Pu Pu.

No Big Deal, no singing waiters, no sparklers in ice cream and no presents. Perfect.

Well, it wasn't long before those mischievious Larson's produced a suspicious box.

Ironically wrapped in images of childhood and death. Brilliant... but still

"You tricked me!" "Too late now you old bastard!"

All's well that ends well. My first Techi!
Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa guys!

Oh, we were hanging out at the bar and I pulled a bunch of recent tikijunk out of my pocket along with some shells, coral a nickle from Singapore, etc. While playing with the the exotic flotsom, Amy my favorite neighborhood mixologist fell in love with a new Hawaiian-style shipwrecked teak!

Long story short...Look for this little fella around Amy's neck during your next visit to The China Inn, 877 Hornblend St (between Bayard St & Mission Blvd) San Diego, CA 92109 (858)483-6680!

I remembered hearing toothless tikis were benevolent. Also less risky work at this size!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 11:48 am   Permalink

Ebony w/Bone Skull commission (SOLD) and Rosewood w/Glass Pearl Mini-Mod Tangs. Full bodied and free standable, PakoloLolita has already woven the necklaces for these pendants.

Just a test. To jewel or not to jewel that is the question!

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 3:56 pm   Permalink

Hank, that ebony one is sweet!

And Happy Birthday. How about a pic of that gift painting rightside up?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-04 3:07 pm   Permalink

The rosewood one is amazing ! Nice work.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-04 3:58 pm   Permalink

Nice! love the little black one. The back and white contrast great.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-04 4:18 pm   Permalink

Merci! Think how snappy that rosewood would look flying around your neck as you Vespa around the Arch du Triumph!

Bill, I'll post a pic of the Techi in its new place of honor up on the bridge overlooking the lagoon. Better yet, come on over and see for yerself! It really ties the room together man.

As promised a zebrawood Westerhausen Derivitive Faceless Mini-Tang w/Blue Freshwater Pearl, verigated home-dyed organic Hemp cording.

Just seeing how much detail I can strip away and have it still read as a Tang.
What do you guys think?

*** SOLD ***

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-10-02 11:28 ]

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-04 5:03 pm   Permalink

To jewel or not to jewel that is the question!

I think its good as no jewel. Love these tiki,
you have created a whole new type of tiki.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-04 5:19 pm   Permalink

I think your pendants are great. The time spent on acquiring the cool exotic materials sets them apart. Thank you for the gift on monday. I'll wear it with complete pride.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-05 4:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys.

Hey Reesnik, you're a champ.

The view from behind Freaky Boutiki last nite... As west as you get without getting wet.

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-09-05 17:05 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-05 6:14 pm   Permalink

HodadHAnk, It would seem that you are Definitely a ONE of a kind being and you create one of a kind beings as well. I LOVE Seeing your pendants find their homes, they Seem SO HappyHAppyHAppy and you even seem to be happy your own self I have lots of little pieces of exotic woods which would make great pendants so IF you send me your address I will send you some? Sherry will Thank you!
Edited to say : OH yeah Almost Forgot HAppyHappy Happy Birthday!!!

myspace

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2008-09-05 18:37 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-05 6:25 pm   Permalink

Hank, thanks for asking about Mindi. He's home from college but keeps asking
me about going to California. I just don't know where to send him, he eats
a lot.
Nice carvings, really like the black one.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-15 5:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-05 18:14, Benzart wrote:
HodadHAnk, It would seem that you are Definitely a ONE of a kind being and you create one of a kind beings as well. I LOVE Seeing your pendants find their homes, they Seem SO HappyHAppyHAppy and you even seem to be happy your own self I have lots of little pieces of exotic woods which would make great pendants so IF you send me your address I will send you some? Sherry will Thank you!
Edited to say : OH yeah Almost Forgot HAppyHappy Happy Birthday!!

Thanks fellas. Everybody loves that ebony. I expect to do a series of Mini Mod Marqs in ebony soon. Maybe Ben will include some ebony scraps in his care package!

More Shipwrecked Teak.

This time a Hawaiian. I was able to leave some original varnish and paint in a couple spots and oiled the rest with my usual mixture. These are an interesting angular change from the softer Tangaroas. Expect an organic hemp braid

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-12-06 13:02 ]

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-15 5:58 pm   Permalink

You have nailed these pendants. Every one has it's own vibe and essence!

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation