FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Announcing the 7th annual Hukilau June 12-15, 2008
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Announcing the 7th annual Hukilau June 12-15, 2008
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-15 4:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-15 12:49, 54 house of bamboo wrote:
Can anyone help me with a guide to budget for the Saturday Main Event at the Mai Kai?

All I can tell you is it's usually around $130 or so for the two of us on a given night at the Mai-Kai. And well worth every penny.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-15 6:41 pm   Permalink

<<<All I can tell you is it's usually around $130 or so for the two of us on a given night at the Mai-Kai.>>>

Sissy.
And you call yourself a citizen of Okonkuluku.

Of course, I've never had a Mystery Bowl yet - so.........

....yeah.....

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-15 7:04 pm   Permalink

Pablus hasn't had a Mystery Bowl Yet????? Ok, that knowledge is now stored in memory......

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-16 06:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-15 16:31, GatorRob wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-02-15 12:49, 54 house of bamboo wrote:
Can anyone help me with a guide to budget for the Saturday Main Event at the Mai Kai?

All I can tell you is it's usually around $130 or so for the two of us on a given night at the Mai-Kai. And well worth every penny.

Dont forget the $$ you'll spend in the gift shop and bring extra singles to tip the restroom attendants........

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-16 07:21 am   Permalink

Oh yeah, thanks Bre-elle. I was forgetting about the gift shop. Bring an extra $100. Seriously, new rum barrels, shrunken skull mugs... it's all good.

Sissy out...

[ This Message was edited by: GatorRob 2008-02-16 07:22 ]

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Orchid Wahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-17 5:25 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone:

Sorry for the long, long absence but do hope everyone's '08 is treating them well so far.

TK - this year's line-up looks stellar and congrats on another year very well done. Do hope to see everyone in Lauderdale this summer!

Just saw the Fisherman up here last week and they were amazing, as always. The Hukilau is in for a real treat with them playing! What a score!!

Mahalo,
Orchid Wahine

View Profile of Orchid Wahine Send a personal message to Orchid Wahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-19 1:07 pm   Permalink

After missing last year's, OakTiki and I have decided, we're so there! How could we not? Hukilau is our big Ohana reunion. We've been going through serious withdrawal.

And this year looks AMAZING! The line up just keeps getting better! Sunday night (the Mai Kai Exclusive Finale) looks like a major "not to be missed!"

Major kudos on the website too- simple, beautiful, perfect. It really reflects the aloha spirit of Hukilau and the Mai Kai.

Sooooo, is it Hukilau yet?

What about now?

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-19 5:59 pm   Permalink

I'm very excited about attending my first Hukilau. I've always wanted to see the Mai Kai, and mieko talked the event up so much that I couldn't resist.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-19 6:23 pm   Permalink

Made plans today, coming in Weds. and leaving Monday morning. Third time around, each year gets better! Meet new friends, drink with old friends, Jet Pilots at the Mai Kai....

Kate - your first visit to the Mai Kai will be very memorable, but to be there during Hukilau when it is full of tikiphiles, unforgetable!

Zulu

[ This Message was edited by: ZuluMagoo 2008-02-19 18:26 ]

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 11:40 am   Permalink

Below you will find a Hukilau checklist, read over carefully to ensure you have covered all steps in booking for the weekends events. Hukilau encompasses four separate venues that host the days events and it is important that if you are new to Hukilau that you know the basics.

TICKET PRICES INCREASE AFTER MARCH 15, 2008

* Click on the Lodging tab on the Hukilau website to choose one of the Hukilau host hotels, you may book online for the Clipper and you must call the Cabana to schedule your Hukilau weekend - IF CALLING EITHER HOTEL, MAKE CERTAIN YOU MENTION THAT YOU ARE BOOKING FOR HUKILAU, THE HOTELS HAVE BOOKED OUT THESE ROOMS FOR US AND THEY WILL TELL YOU THE HOTELS ARE SOLD OUT IF YOU DON'T MENTION YOU ARE BOOKING FOR THE EVENT.

* Buy your weekend passes - there are choices for every budget - choose from the Big Kahuna (all access pass) or a daily ticket if you cannot join us all weekend. You will pick up your passes once at the event during the Registration Hours, check the Schedule on the Hukilau website for these hours. Don't forget to purchase shuttle tickets for the Mai Kai on Saturday night if you don't want to worry about driving - this will also save you time during registration once you arrive at the event.

* Call the Mai Kai and schedule your dinner reservations. There are 2 dinner shows - the 1st show is almost sold out so you must book now!!

* Sign up for the Hukilau newsletters - this will ensure you receive any changes, updates, news and Hukilau merchandise announcements. We have many updates coming within the next 2 weeks including a new seminar so be sure to sign up now!!

See you all in June!!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Champagne
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-07 07:43 am   Permalink

Gettin excited about this over here!

All signed up, all reservations made -- ready, steady, GO!

View Profile of Tiki Champagne Send a personal message to Tiki Champagne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-07 5:46 pm   Permalink

Damn, I'm still on the fence on this one, but I know I've gotta book sooner vs. later.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-07 10:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-19 13:07, Sabina wrote:
After missing last year's, OakTiki and I have decided, we're so there!
Sooooo, is it Hukilau yet?
What about now?

YIPPEE!!!! I cant wait to see you!!

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-10 2:36 pm   Permalink

BUMP

Mai Tai and I are dying to go -- we need our Hukilau and Ft Lauderdale fix! It's a great event! We're trying to find the funds to get ourselves out there. CheekyGirl, if ya can do it, do it. You won't regret it.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-10 4:43 pm   Permalink

Officially there!

I'm leaving that morning from Louisville, KY and either flying home, changing out suitcases, and flying to Ft. L in the same day
OR
flying to Ft. L from Louisville via Cleveland! Ha! Can't leave that week of consulting work in KY until that Thursday AM which *sucks* (missing Wednesday evening), but as long as I'm there, BayBee, who cares how long it takes me to get there!

Staying 'til Wednesday this time, too. I just DON'T get in enough time with the local ohana, and this time I will, dammit!

Looking forward to seeing you all there! Looks like a fabulous, can't-miss year!!
Formikahini

P.S. Yay Sabina!! It's been AGES!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation