FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Announcing the 7th annual Hukilau June 12-15, 2008
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Announcing the 7th annual Hukilau June 12-15, 2008
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-03-10 5:37 pm   Permalink

I'm in too - just purchased my tickets. Arriving Wednesday, departing Monday.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-10 6:14 pm   Permalink

Thursday - Sunday for me...it's going to be a busy 4 days (well, really 3).

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-10 6:26 pm   Permalink

Announcing some other treats very soon - I promise, it's going to be something you won't want to miss!!

Vern - glad to see you're gonna be there this year!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pomaika i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-11 6:25 pm   Permalink

I moved to a new building at work and I've been feeling off...then I decorated my cube today will all kinds of Tiki treasure and I'm in such a Hukilau mood right now. I almost left work and drove down the turnpike to the Mai-Kai.

View Profile of Pomaika i Send a personal message to Pomaika i      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hawaii Kai Guy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-12 5:43 pm   Permalink

Can't wait to attend The Hukilau this year with New York and Florida friends.....

I am thrilled Fisherman will be playing as I have heard and seen them in NYC many times.

Hats off to Tiki Kaliki again for pulling this together with a wondeful website that makes navigating it very easy with more fun with every keystroke made!

Mahalo,

Alan aka Hawaii Kai Guy

View Profile of Hawaii Kai Guy Send a personal message to Hawaii Kai Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-13 7:34 pm   Permalink

Aloha!!

TICKET $$ INCREASE CLOSING IN!

The cutoff date for the discounted ticket rate was March 15, 2008 but we are extending the date until midnight March 31, 2008 CST. We will be announcing 2 new incredible seminars next week so watch out for information on tickets. Those that have already purchased or will purchase Big Kahuna passes prior to the price increase are grandfathered in to attend these additional seminars and of course you can always purchase individual seminar passes for those presentations you desire to attend.

Once we announce the additional seminars the Big Kahuna pass will automatically increase to reflect these 2 additional presentations and will again go up in price on March 31st. So, the time to buy is now!

NEW SEMINARS will include:

Kevin Kidney returns this year with a look at classic TIKI TV! Highlights and rare collectibles from shows like "Hawaiian Eye" & & "Adventures in Paradise" are just a sample of what to expect during this 1 hour seminar!

Mike Skinner presents “Tiki Architecture - The Fantasy World of Polynesian Pop Design” - this seminar will take place prior to the exclusive Mai-Kai finale and will highlight classic Tiki palaces once found in the South Florida area along with a special emphasis on the work of Mai-Kai architect George Nakashima. Don't miss this presentation!!!

Details of the Mai-Kai finale will be announced soon!

Tickets to go on sale next week for these special additional presentations!!

WELCOME SHELLEY KNEPPER - OUR 2008 VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR

You might have seen her at Tiki Oasis doing a hula or two or were a witness when she was the recipient to the King Kukulele Mystery Bowl at the Mai-Kai at Hukilau 2005?? If so you will undoubtedly recognize or know Ms. Shell in the Pacific otherwise known as the lovely Shelley Knepper. She has joined my team as Volunteer Coordinator and is ready to take your emails to sign up as a Hukilau Volunteer this year.

With a 4 hour commitment this is what you get:
**A complimentary Aloha pass (seminars to be purchased on your own) - a $65 value.
*Discounts on Hukilau merchandise (not including the 2008 Munktiki Mug)
*Hukilau T-shirt
Just email Shelley at
volunteer@thehukilau.com to sign up today!

See you in June!!

The Hukilau

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2008-03-13 19:35 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-04 5:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-10 14:36, Coco Loco wrote:
BUMP

Mai Tai and I are dying to go -- we need our Hukilau and Ft Lauderdale fix! It's a great event! We're trying to find the funds to get ourselves out there. CheekyGirl, if ya can do it, do it. You won't regret it.

Darn, since this is the last one....I'm shaking all my piggy banks! The Yankee Clipper unfortunately is booked. With Flight, seminiar, tickets, shuttles and hotel...it's looking at about $900 per person! I hate doing it, but I think I need to dust off a credit card!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-05 08:59 am   Permalink

Room secured - thanks RugbyMatt! See you all in June.

[ This Message was edited by: johnman 2008-04-07 09:11 ]

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-07 10:22 am   Permalink

I'm in.

I was able to call the hotel direct and got in at the Yankee Clipper.
Flight ticket and event tickets purchased!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-07 10:47 am   Permalink

When are the mugs going on sale? I keep checking the Hukilau site, but no soap.

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-07 11:45 am   Permalink

I was wondering the same thing. 10am came and went, as did 12pm. Christie, is there a new sale date/time?

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-07 12:02 pm   Permalink

Guys, please be patient. I'm having a short delay. Please wait until I announce via my news list. It shouldn't be too much longer.

Thanks!

The Hukilau

velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-07 1:26 pm   Permalink

I just tried and it worked for me...

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-07 1:30 pm   Permalink

Hukilau merchandise now on sale. Thanks to those that were patient today as I have experienced some internet issues...and to those of you that weren't well, I'll stop there.

The Hukilau

Pomaika i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-07 1:35 pm   Permalink

I just ordered my mug. It's my first Munktiki so I'm pretty excited.

View Profile of Pomaika i Send a personal message to Pomaika i      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation