FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving vbtiki pics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
vbtiki pics
CarvenImage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-17 3:56 pm   Permalink

Nice work! I really like that piece from the gum tree. The split gives him a lot of character.

Keep it up and thanks for sharing!

View Profile of CarvenImage Send a personal message to CarvenImage  Goto the website of CarvenImage     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VBTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-19 08:03 am   Permalink

thanx carven image i liked that one too but gum is the worst wood ive ever worked with but its pretty common around here i finally got a pic of my six foot commission piece

i am amazed at how well the angle grinder works on the palm logs i think ive found my favorite type of wood

View Profile of VBTIKI Send a personal message to VBTIKI  Email VBTIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-19 11:23 am   Permalink

There's a guy over in Shadow Lawn that carves too. His name's Cliff something. He has some tiki's in Bad Ass coffee next to Croc's.

Mmmmm...green sauce and Hobbs Beer.

[ This Message was edited by: Surf tiki 2008-02-21 07:47 ]

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VBTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-20 4:59 pm   Permalink

lookin for lumber the tree companies dont have much goin on for tree loppin i guess or maybe i just sound to desperate for the new cuts i hope we see some hurricane action this year for a couple of reasons.

View Profile of VBTIKI Send a personal message to VBTIKI  Email VBTIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-20 6:44 pm   Permalink

Nice job I'm like the mouth and teeth.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-21 07:47 am   Permalink

I'll see what I can dig up. I'll let you know.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VBTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-21 7:27 pm   Permalink

thanx for the input seek surf i was gonna try and put some more detail into the eyes and forehead to even it out but havent gotten around to it yet

surf tiki thanx for tappin your resources i still have the small logs in the latest pic but im hooked on the big pieces of wood that sounds derogatory but its not intended

TIKI SEA-LUFF
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-25 7:26 pm   Permalink

Yeah i think the guy that does the tikis for bad ass coffee's name is cliff powell. I have seen some of his work at the smokehouse (tad's deli), his stuff is really cool.

Finding wood around here is kinda tough. Unless you have a hook up in the tree removal business its slim pickins. I tried to take the chainsaw for a walk in the woods behind my house looking for some downed trees but all the good stuff was about 50+ yards in and i would have needed like 4 guys to lift the sizes i had in mind.

Dude your latest work is uber rad, I really like the mouth and the way the teeth look.

Peace,

View Profile of TIKI SEA-LUFF Send a personal message to TIKI SEA-LUFF  Email TIKI SEA-LUFF     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VBTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-26 08:44 am   Permalink

thanx sea-luff I put a band around his head and a stick through his nose then sealed it but my camera still isnt workin i carved another piece of palm where the mouth looks similar but I changed the face design a little i really like the new one but i cant get a photo of it. I was goin to buy anew chainsaw recently but looks like i need a new camera first. Damn priorities!!

VBTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-26 11:58 am   Permalink

sea-luff If you saw some good logs i would help you carry them out plus i have that trail bike in the shop that could probably drag some logs for most of the way

TIKI SEA-LUFF
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-26 7:40 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a good possibility. Tell you what, hopefully i'll go for another walk before the end of the week in the woods and see what i can find.(its been a few monthes) If i see some good stuff for us i'll cut it on site and then maybe we can get up this weekend and carry those suckas out! Sometimes the log looks great only to find out that when you cut it its rotten. Most of the dead fall is still leftovers from izzy a few years back. But i am hoping for some newer stuff from some of the high wind storms we have had lately.

I'll keep you posted brah I might have a other spots up my sleeves for logs..........

Cheers.

View Profile of TIKI SEA-LUFF Send a personal message to TIKI SEA-LUFF  Email TIKI SEA-LUFF     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VBTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-27 08:08 am   Permalink

there was some loggin goin on at birdneck behind rick romano's shop i was gonna poke my head into see if there were any logs they didnt want but forest choppin sounds good to me. I'm tryin to persuade a friend his monster cedar tree would look better as tikis but to no avail.

TIKI SEA-LUFF
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-29 2:16 pm   Permalink

Ahh no luck bro all the stuff thats down in my hood is rotted pretty good. If you are hurt up for wood go on shoredrive and just look in the ceter median. they chopped down big pines there and when they felled the trunks they just chopped them into sections and left them there. I would bring a fullbed truck and some buddies as they are large pieces. Happy hunting!

Peace bro,

Tiki sea-luff.

VBTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-09 6:02 pm   Permalink

I have been having a hard time getting my camera to work so this week i was able to snap off some photos of my latest works this was the six foot palm log shown in progress earlier

The sealant i used caused it to crack a bit so i need to tend to that

Side view

this was another palm log about a foot in diameter and about three feet tall

side view

This was also a palm that is a fat little guy but i havent sealed or burned it just yet and im not sure if im going to

this log is a mystery wood to me b/c it carves pretty well but is still wet or at least really heavy
I plan on having some sort of parking lot sale in virginia beach in a couple of weeks to cover some of the cost of my shop but i will post more details on that when i have a few more pieces carved. I'll post more pics as i go

later
VBTIKI

Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-10 07:30 am   Permalink

Lookin' good. Hope you were able to get some wood off of Lee.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation