[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Bizarre Theme Party Ideas
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Bizarre Theme Party Ideas
Lounge deVille
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-02-20 7:49 pm   Permalink

I loved "gilligan's island"and a party with all the guests dressing up as their favorite character would be fun.(pool and hot tub optional).
-lounge

View Profile of Lounge deVille Send a personal message to Lounge deVille  Goto the website of Lounge deVille     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-02-21 01:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-02-17 12:03, tikifish wrote:
a theme that no-one would think of doing, yet is still do-able.

(ok, i stayed out of the geek vs nerd vs trekkie thread, so i guess im outting myself here, now.)

we had a Klingon Food Party (no costumes) only really ugly, disgusting food. squid ink linguini, chinese 1000 yr old eggs, tongue and other organ type meats, tenticles ~ stuff like that.

another celebration was George Washington Carver Birthday~ godfather of the peanut

and.. of course a SPAM Fest...mmmmeaty

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-02-21 11:03 am   Permalink

The Donner thing reminded me of a friend in college who wrote a fantastic song called "The Donner Dinner Party". Gives a whole new meaning to Donner Kabobs.

[ This Message was edited by: martiki6 on 2003-02-21 11:06 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stunrut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-22 9:23 pm   Permalink

Try a Crayola party. It isn't too bizarre but it can be fun. Everybody gets a coloring book and a box of 64 or 96 crayons at the door. Then you just sit back and watch them all become kids again.

View Profile of stunrut Send a personal message to stunrut  Email stunrut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-23 12:04 pm   Permalink

RUBIK'S CUBE PARTY

Everyone comes dressed in a single solid color. At designated intervals, everyone has to trade an article of clothing with someone of a different color. Before they can leave the party (or the party is over),they must get all their original colored clothes back.

When we did this we started the intervals at every 30 minutes, but decreased then to 20 then 15 as the party wound down. I also found that using a "sweatshirt/sweatpants/cap" combo worked best to account for the different sizes of the participants.
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-02-24 5:37 pm   Permalink

Some of the more creative parties I've been to in the past included:

Celebrity Airline Mishap Party:
Everybody came as someone famous who had died in an airplane accident. Guessing was half the fun. Luggage with famous people's names was strewn about the front lawn and hanging from the trees. Zombie stewardesses and cabin attendants handed out hors d'eouvres.

Gangsters In Paradise:
Everyone comes dressed as mafia hiding out in Hawaii. Hawaiian shirts, muu-muus and tommie-guns. Accents required. Must also come up with clever nicknames like Legs "Diamondhead" Luciani or "Jimmy the Poi" Vallachi.

Twisted Disney Party:
Everyone came dressed as a twisted Disney character. Each room of the house was decorated as a different Disney attraction, (I think the bathroom had "It's A Small World" playing over and over, which cut down on the wait). We had people dressed as "Captain Ego", "Bumbo The Elephant", "The Pirates of Mendocino", Peter Pan and a knocked-up Wendy, A gay Pirate Hook, characters from "It's a Third World After All", plenty of naughty Snow Whites, Cinderellas and Mousketeers in devil horns. One scantilly-dressed girlfriend came as "The Ultimate E-Ticket Ride".

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-24 10:41 pm   Permalink

My Dad (a art teacher, etc.)( not Eli, my "Grandfather") was dying of brain cancer in the VA in Long Beach,Ca., and everyone was trippen hard on it so I got an idea to have a "Art Party" at his house in respect for him. We cleared out the living room,put plastic on the floor and called all his friends and mine (which were his too). We had 100+ quarts and gallons of paint lined up with brushes all along the base boards. Plenty of beer,booze and food too. By the end of the day/night, all the walls and cieling were coverd with color. Everyone who was there painted what they dug about him or what they were feeling, etc. It was a good way to get together and get in a better mood. (Just found an old polaroid of part of a wall.)

The wake was a whole other story. We painted over everything with kiltz and gesso and turned his entire house into a gallery. Of course all pics where of him and we hung lots of paintings and sculptures he did. The "Gallery" was packed! Shoulder room only! Best "one man art show" I've ever seen! Jan. 1993.

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation