FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Does anyone have Tiki Tattoos?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Does anyone have Tiki Tattoos?
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-01-24 2:30 pm   Permalink

Recently added to my tiki tattoo:

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
peacefrogman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-24 7:50 pm   Permalink

Started this one in the summer, hope to add Hawaiian landscape soon.

View Profile of peacefrogman Send a personal message to peacefrogman  Email peacefrogman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
grandr

Posted: 2011-01-25 12:22 am   Permalink

Fabulous... don't see much of that here on Oahu. See more traditional Hawaiian folk art, etc.

View Profile of grandr Send a personal message to grandr  Email grandr Goto the website of grandr     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigDaddy772
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-09-05 3:35 pm   Permalink

After contacting Doug Horne and asking permission here is my latest tattoo...

View Profile of BigDaddy772 Send a personal message to BigDaddy772  Email BigDaddy772     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-18 10:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-09-17 20:16, WaikikianMoeKele wrote:
I'm ready for a new tiki tattoo & I'm trying to decide what it should be. So I'm opening it up for suggestions. My new art will be on my left breast.
Thank you all so much in advance.
~kele

Hi Kele,

There are many Tiki tattoo threads here on TC. This seems to be the main one.

Maybe this thread might give you some cool ideas. I'm giving this thread a bump just for that (and maybe you could ask the moderator to delete your original one-off thread ??)

Here's my idea. Get "The Book of Tiki" tattooed on your breast. That would really be unique and what could be a better homage to the Tiki Revival? Yeah I know there's a lot of detail there but maybe your tattoo artist could come up with a more simple take on it...

Also that could result in a really cool "And here's Sven Kirsten signing the Book of Tiki" photo op.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2011-09-18 10:42 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-09-18 12:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-09-18 10:38, JOHN-O wrote:... maybe you could ask the moderator to delete your original one-off thread ?? ...

Done.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-23 7:40 pm   Permalink

I'm considering it... wondering what Sven would think about it... hmmm...

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Slob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-01 5:29 pm   Permalink

So...here is my tiki tattoo. I got the hula girl (her name is Kai Kala) in Hilo in October of 2009. The artist was Kevin Bays at Rainbow Falls Tattoo.

You might think she is familiar. She is based off of a '40s Pan Am advertisement. She needed to have stuff around her and consequently turned into a half sleeve. I sketched up the rest from places my wife and I had been to around the islands.

The other main subject is the tiki from Pu'unua o honaunau south of Kailua/Kona.

I forget what his name is and can't seem to find it anywere. I liked his attitude. He seemed to be a partier and between Kai Kala and the tiki, I got what I wanted between 2010 and 2011. The artist was Phil Bartel at Rising Tide Tattoo in Boulder, CO.

Additions might move around to my back shoulder with some tiki mugs, torches and a bit more of a night scene. Maybe a tiki mug and umbrella, etc.

Michael

Thought I'd add an update since I went to Pu'uhonua o Honaunau last week. Here I am with my inspiration.

Aloha,
Michael

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Slob 2011-10-24 11:16 ]

View Profile of Tiki Slob Send a personal message to Tiki Slob  Email Tiki Slob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Holiday1960

Posted: 2012-01-06 1:04 pm   Permalink

Here is one I did for my neighbor Frank.

View Profile of Holiday1960 Send a personal message to Holiday1960  Goto the website of Holiday1960     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Slob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-10 3:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-01-06 13:04, Holiday1960 wrote:
Here is one I did for my neighbor Frank.

That's pretty kool. Is that an original of yours? Are you going to add color to it?

TS

View Profile of Tiki Slob Send a personal message to Tiki Slob  Email Tiki Slob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-04 2:11 pm   Permalink

Here's my Mo Mo:

~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-kitty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-10 09:48 am   Permalink

My tiki kitties! This was the day after they were done!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-kitty 2012-06-10 09:49 ]

View Profile of Tiki-kitty Send a personal message to Tiki-kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Biggy43

Posted: 2013-01-29 08:25 am   Permalink

Hey there...been on the site a few times, but finally decided to register and join the fun...figured i'd started by bumping an older thread with some great content...

I got this Tiki about 1 year ago from Jime Litwalk when he was at Massive Tattoo in LV. Hoping to add to it in the coming weeks; so many ideas right now, just trying to sort through them and develop some composition for the sleeve...

Thanks for looking...

View Profile of Biggy43 Send a personal message to Biggy43      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kai Koa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-01-30 8:21 pm   Permalink

From the art of Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker, Tattoo artist Jeff Houston of Seattle.

View Profile of Kai Koa Send a personal message to Kai Koa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lightning Steve
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-04 9:23 pm   Permalink

Wow!!
That looks fantastic!!
Looks like some great work!!

View Profile of Lightning Steve Send a personal message to Lightning Steve  Email Lightning Steve     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation