FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Does anyone have Tiki Tattoos?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Does anyone have Tiki Tattoos?
Dr. Zarkov
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-16 2:27 pm   Permalink

If you don't feel like going under the needle, there's always this: http://www.costumes4less.com/groupdetail.asp?sku=df123

View Profile of Dr. Zarkov Send a personal message to Dr. Zarkov  Email Dr. Zarkov     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Tinkie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-17 3:31 pm   Permalink

Those pieces you got in Oahu are amazing. love them!!!

View Profile of Tiki Tinkie Send a personal message to Tiki Tinkie  Goto the website of Tiki Tinkie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-17 5:40 pm   Permalink

Souvenir of Rarotonga, in the beachcomber tradition. What makes it even cooler is that I was able to trade carvings I made for most of the value. Hopefully I will be adding to my collection by visiting more exotic destinations in the future!

Full story and detail pics
here!

PS damn it's hard taking a photo of your right arm when you are right-handed! Self-timer for the win!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 7:22 pm   Permalink

Here are our Tahitian Tiki Tattoos

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 4:00 pm   Permalink

I just got a new tattoo from Manu . He is here from Tahiti in Beverly Hills for a month . 2hrs to lay it out and 5 hrs needle time . I love his Marquesan designs . What do you think ?

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 4:31 pm   Permalink

Tiki Ray - that is truly beautiful new art you have on your leg!!!

Quote:

On 2008-03-17 17:40, Paipo wrote:
Souvenir of Rarotonga, in the beachcomber tradition.

PS damn it's hard taking a photo of your right arm when you are right-handed! Self-timer for the win!

Paipo - I, too, got a tattoo from T on Rarotonga - just this past January, in fact. He does such beautiful work!!!!!!!, and I also love that every design is unique to the person - no chinese menu approach to his work!

You are SO right about the challenges of taking pictures with your left hand when your right is being worked on. I had to use my point & shoot - not the SLR to get a good one I managed to also not do too bad in getting a couple in progress shots:

Took about 1.5 hours - start to finish.

& a couple others just after it was complete:

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 5:27 pm   Permalink

Nice! I actually got my wife to take those pics I linked to of the "work in progress" - she did a pretty good job I think!
T is such a cool cat - I enjoyed hanging out with him and talking story just as much as getting my arm decorated. The life and culture of the islands is something else.
Have you got any pics of your trip posted up anywhere? I never tire of seeing images of Rarotonga....

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 04:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-19 17:27, Paipo wrote:
Nice! I actually got my wife to take those pics I linked to of the "work in progress" - she did a pretty good job I think!
T is such a cool cat - I enjoyed hanging out with him and talking story just as much as getting my arm decorated. The life and culture of the islands is something else.
Have you got any pics of your trip posted up anywhere? I never tire of seeing images of Rarotonga....

My husband bugged out - he couldn't stand the sound of the needle, so I was on my own for the pics
You're right about hanging out with T - was great to learn about some of the culture while getting a lifelong souvenir

I know what you mean on seeing more pictures of Rarotonga - such an amazing place - I'm sure we'll go back someday - I've sent you a PM on the pictures

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 05:16 am   Permalink

My wife wouldn't have missed it for the world! thanks for the pics - I shall reciprocate shortly!
...and, I forgot to mention in my previous post: DAMN! that is some sweet Marquesan leg action you have going on there Ray! WOW!

Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 07:57 am   Permalink

Here are a few cool ones from Tiki Caliente.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 08:49 am   Permalink

Hey Tiki-Ray

Manu did a wonderful job.

I get part one of my sleeve from Manu on Monday, and part two at the Queen Mary for Ink and Iron. Scott gets the other side of his calf done on Tuesday and then the joining middle band will be done when we visit his shop in Papeete.

Hope Erica and the guys at the shop (Art and Soul) treated you well.

Jen and Scott

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 1:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-16 14:27, Dr. Zarkov wrote:
If you don't feel like going under the needle, there's always this: http://www.costumes4less.com/groupdetail.asp?sku=df123

I'm with you, Doctor, on the temporary tattoo idea. But the link ends up with, "Item Not In Stock".
Myriah's Polynesian Bazaar has a bunch of Hawaiian/Tiki temporary tats. I may get a few for my wife's birthday, in a couple months. They have the vintage topless hula girl you linked to, and even a kit to do a full-face Maori job. Imagine showing up at your tiki-skeptic parent's house with that on your face, as a joke!

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2008-05-20 13:44 ]

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 2:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks all , Im pretty proud of it . And yes everyone at the shop were fantastic and you can have all the Red Bulls you want . Manu keeps you very relaxed and I love the way his work just flows . He kind of outlined the borders and then just went to town sketching freehand all over . He just cant show you at first cause its all in his head . I highly reccomend him , Ray

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI-RAY 2008-05-20 14:54 ]

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 12:53 pm   Permalink

Shown here is the starting point for work I'm getting done on my right outer shin & calf.

The tattoo was done by Ryan of Raygun Tattoo in Dana Point. This little fellow was designed by Von Franco. We're working on the rest of the design which I'll post up as soon as it's done.

[ This Message was edited by: MakeDaMug 2008-05-26 12:55 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 1:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-26 12:53, MakeDaMug wrote:
Shown here is the starting point for work I'm getting done on my right outer shin & calf.

The tattoo was done by Ryan of Raygun Tattoo in Dana Point. This little fellow was designed by Von Franco. We're working on the rest of the design which I'll post up as soon as it's done.

[ This Message was edited by: MakeDaMug 2008-05-26 12:55 ]

You finally did it!!!!

And I wasn't there to hold your hand!!!!!!

Bastard!!!!!!!!

Arrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

( congrats!!)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation