FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki New Luau in Beverly Hills?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
New Luau in Beverly Hills?
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-06 11:07 am   Permalink

Virani,
Are you talking about the bar stools in the original Luau postcard that was posted?

[quote]
On 2008-11-05 10:58, PiPhiRho wrote:
I met some friends at the Luau on Sunday night.

Mahalos to Bamboo Ben, Tiki Ray and Jeff Berry for their great contributions.

The bar is integrated right into the lobby. There are no tables there. In fact, there is only ONE CHAIR in the bar, over by the window. Clearly, this is not a bar that is intended for hanging out and drinking in the bar and other than that it is standing room only. This clearly is intended to be a restaurant and not a bar. If you go there you need to get a table and have some pupus with your drinks.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-06 11:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-05 14:28, Ojaitimo wrote:
So does Beverly Hill's have a Tiki Bar again or what? I hear the bar doesn't have bar stools?
WTF Steve? You really don't want the Tiki Now Agency paying a visit do you?
Get some bar stools and maybe then you can call your self a real Tiki Bar.

I walked by the Luau a couple of months ago, and walked straight into the bar and sat down. The receptionist came over and asked me if I had a reservation in that "you don't really belong here, do you?" tone. I said no, I just wanted a drink. She said the bar was more of a service bar I was welcome to sit at the table. She apologized and did say that it was a stupid rule. I said no problem, left and went to the Trader Vic's Lounge at the Hilton.

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CPRTiki

Posted: 2009-01-07 5:52 pm   Permalink

There ARE definitely some chairs, about 6-8, at the bar at the new Luau. But the bar is "just for people waiting to be seated" says the host. Yes it's stupid. But I recommend this place for dinner for sure. I forgot to mention this in my review in a previous post.

View Profile of CPRTiki Send a personal message to CPRTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-10 10:26 am   Permalink

Does anyone have an image of their menu or knows all the drinks they have? I went opening night and they only had a few drinks on the menu at the time but stated there was a lot more to come.

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-13 08:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-06 11:07, Ojaitimo wrote:
Virani,
Are you talking about the bar stools in the original Luau postcard that was posted?

No, on the Jennifer Lopez picture. I can see bar stools in the back.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-16 07:18 am   Permalink

Not sure if i agree with the order of ranking!

http://theguide.latimes.com/Elina-Shatkin/lists/172412/best-tiki-bars-in-l-a

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2009-01-16 08:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-16 07:18, Mongoloid wrote:
Not sure if i agree with the order of ranking!

http://theguide.latimes.com/Elina-Shatkin/lists/172412/best-tiki-bars-in-l-a

And I certainly don't agree with this comment:
"... the mark of a true tiki joint: drinks so sweet you don't notice how potent they are."

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
barbiekemp

Posted: 2009-01-16 1:07 pm   Permalink

Visiting the original Luau in the early 60's is what hooked me into TIKI to begin with. This place will have a LOT to live up to. Looking forward to the photos and a review from you guys before I waste gas and $ on the 20 mile drive.

View Profile of barbiekemp Send a personal message to barbiekemp  Email barbiekemp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2009-01-16 2:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-16 13:07, barbiekemp wrote:
Visiting the original Luau in the early 60's is what hooked me into TIKI to begin with. This place will have a LOT to live up to. Looking forward to the photos and a review from you guys before I waste gas and $ on the 20 mile drive.

barbiekemp, you're just now posting after signing up to TC over three years ago? What took you so long?

Anyway, there ARE photos and reviews from TC'rs. So far the drinks and food rate a good score. Just read through the previous pages for the details.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-01-28 3:15 pm   Permalink

Another review of the Luau:
Luau

Not to stellar... $85 for overcooked Lobster!

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-29 11:21 am   Permalink

Nothing to see here!!!! The article i was going to post is directly above! Oooops!

[ This Message was edited by: Mongoloid 2009-01-29 11:31 ]

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-10 09:56 am   Permalink

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-10 1:04 pm   Permalink

The top pic looks like Ben and the second one looks like Sven

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-12 8:14 pm   Permalink

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/Style_File_Loree_Rodkin

cocoJo-

DH is my hero!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
K-Billy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-12 8:24 pm   Permalink

WOW I've gotta check this place out!!!!!!!!!!!

K-billy deejay exotica extraordinare

View Profile of K-Billy Send a personal message to K-Billy  Email K-Billy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation