FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » New Luau in Beverly Hills?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
New Luau in Beverly Hills?
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-24 08:28 am   Permalink

OK, now I'm stoked. Thanx for the info Ray.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-24 10:37 am   Permalink

Thanks for the info Ray. Can't wait to check the place out. Keep us posted on the progress.

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-24 7:13 pm   Permalink

I peeked inside today.

I won't reveal any secrets, but I can say it's going to look awesome!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-24 10:23 pm   Permalink

lot's o action today!!

who killed the power this morn???

getting closer....

it's gonna be goooood!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sparkle Mark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-25 10:28 pm   Permalink

Peeked in the front door and through a hole in the paper covering the window.

VERY NICE! It looks great and appropriate for who, what and where it is.

I'll start saving for one of those spendy Grog Log cocktails now.
The drinks better be as nice as the finishes inside.

Cheers
Mark

View Profile of Sparkle Mark Send a personal message to Sparkle Mark  Goto the website of Sparkle Mark     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-26 12:40 pm   Permalink

This being LA, which A-List Celebs are going to grace the opening?
Otherwise, no press; no buzz, etc.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-26 12:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-25 22:28, Sparkle Mark wrote:
Peeked in the front door and through a hole in the paper covering the window.

VERY NICE! It looks great and appropriate for who, what and where it is.

I'll start saving for one of those spendy Grog Log cocktails now.
The drinks better be as nice as the finishes inside.

Cheers
Mark

It is nice to hear that everyone loves it.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-26 5:08 pm   Permalink

Well , Tiki Trav flew home today to Austrailia so I guess hes out .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-26 11:18 pm   Permalink

That all sounds very promising, guys. I am happy if I was wrong.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-18 04:45 am   Permalink

Aloha,

For those of you out there that are willing to try something new, LUAU ( 2008), will be opening it's doors to the
public real soon (last week of Oct.).

It was a real honor for me to be able to work on this project
as my Grandfather Eli Hedley worked on the original ( 1954)The Luau.

MAhalo Nui Loa,

Bamboo Ben
(Custom Tropical Decor)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-19 09:57 am   Permalink

That history note is so cool. We saw the magic you accomplished at the Kon Tiki in Tucson as shown in these photos. I hope we can visit the Luau when we go to Oasis next summer and see what you have created there. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-19 10:02 pm   Permalink

Congrats on the Build Ben. Hope to see it someday!!

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-20 2:55 pm   Permalink

My wife just forwarded me an e-mail posting from urbandaddy.com to announce the opening of the restaurant. I'm not a member, so I can't give you a direct link, but here's the content of the posting along with their photo of the new interior:

"Sure, you generally favor a good scotch—but lately you've been craving...a secret-recipe cocktail supped from a giant coconut.

Luau rises from the dead on Friday in Beverly Hills, with a new look and an old cocktail menu so hush-hush that it literally had to be decoded (more on that later).

Once home to many a Rat Pack binge (like every place in LA with a liquor license), the new Luau brings you an upscale Balinese vibe—think Murano glass-tiled walls and lamps made from puffer fish—to go with those booze-filled tree fruits. And if you need something a little more substantial, we can vouch for the tasty Banana Leaf-Wrapped Halibut. But the Pupu Platter with Wagyu Meatballs is better for sharing with somebody you wouldn't mind seeing in a hula skirt later.

And as for those drinks, original owner Steve "Mr. Lana Turner" Crane was so paranoid about his concoctions, he recorded all his recipes in code. (Talk about dedication to the craft.) So when reopening Luau thirty years later, the man behind Il Sole hired esteemed tiki mixologist/cocktail detective Jeff Berry, who'd already cracked it. Now you can have your BoLo, Pearl Diver and Luau Coconut like Sinatra before you...but you can't ask what's in them.

Though your refined palate just might detect a splash of rum.

Luau, opens Friday, 369 N. Bedford Dr (between Wilshire and Brighton), Beverly Hills, 310-274-0090"

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-20 3:01 pm   Permalink

Too Cool ! I just got interviewed by the LA Times about my tiki work for the restaraunt . It should be in the Image section coming out this Sunday . Sweeet !

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-10-20 3:53 pm   Permalink

I think the picture of the dining room is actual size.

Seriously.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation