FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Critiki Update?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Critiki Update?
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-25 11:30 am   Permalink

Does anyone know if there are any plans to update Critiki? It doesn't seem to have been updated in a while.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-25 7:04 pm   Permalink

Ya know, I've been asking for months where Humuhumu has been. She has not posted since last summer on TC and her other haunts are quiet...there was some talk about that "she's fine but undercover for a while" Well what the heck does that mean? Did she give up on us? Were relationships strained? Or was she shanghaied and on a junk in the China sea? When someone is a celebrity and hangs with another celebrity then it ends, the fans want to know what happened. Not that I'm saying that it's any of our business or anything...I just want to know where she is and if she is coming back or what. We should know that anyway, ya think? We don't need any gory details, Hey! If anyone else just stopped we would be clamoring about where they were, So?

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-25 8:09 pm   Permalink

I've also noticed the Ooga Mooga link that used to be in that little profile box (just to the left of this post) has disappeared into the aether sometime in the last few days. Is OM no longer affiliated to TC in any way?

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-25 8:30 pm   Permalink

Yeah, Ooga is not on the features page and Critiki is absent from the links. Hmmmm...

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-25 8:35 pm   Permalink

I don't know anything about all that. But people do have burnout occasionally.
But Hey Joe Banks, did you know that a Joseph Banks was a world class botanist on a few voyages with Capt. Cook back in the day? He also took a ride with Capt. Bligh of "Mutiny on the Bounty". REAL.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-26 07:43 am   Permalink

Yes, actually...I did know that. My "Joe Banks" TC name is really after Joe Banks in "Joe vs. the Volcano"...(but I read recently that his character name was named after the historical Joe Banks of Capt. Cook fame).

"Take me to the volcano (bowl)!"

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2008-01-26 9:09 pm   Permalink

The Ooga-mooga mug count is broken; it was showing "0" for everyone's mugs, regardless of their mug count. So I took that offline till I have a chance to fix it, but there are bigger fish to fry on the Tiki Central servers. Regarding Critiki not being updated ... well, you'd have to ask Humu, but I can tell you that Critiki, and to a lesser degree Ooga-mooga, aren't businesses for her, they're hobbies, and she works on them when she has free time. And she doesn't have the free time she used to. Maintaining a database the size of Critiki is not as easy as it may seem.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Tinkie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-27 06:41 am   Permalink

Yes, I have noticed this too. I had sent pics for a couple of places I had been recently and they aren't being posted. One for a place that had no pic gallery yet so it would have been cool for folks to see the inside & all. I guess time will tell! hugs~ tink

View Profile of Tiki Tinkie Send a personal message to Tiki Tinkie  Goto the website of Tiki Tinkie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-27 06:45 am   Permalink

Thanks Hanford...I appreciate the response. A site that elaborate and the time it must require to maintain it is totally understandable. I'll be patient.

Tiki Tinkie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-16 06:39 am   Permalink

Critiki has been updated! I am so thankful that they are back as I love the site! have a great tiki-filled day~ hugs~ tink xo

View Profile of Tiki Tinkie Send a personal message to Tiki Tinkie  Goto the website of Tiki Tinkie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-17 10:07 am   Permalink

Anyone know about the status of Critiki.com these days? The site/database hasn't been updated since May 2009.

I've emailed Humuhumu through the Critiki site to offer assistance/support (since I, too, am a web developer); but haven't heard back.

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-17 10:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-17 10:07, Capt. R.H. Falernum wrote:
Anyone know about the status of Critiki.com these days?

[raises hand] Ooh! Ooh! I do!

It's still good ol' Critiki, and yep it's due for an update. Per usual, other life-y type things are also demanding my attention: the current biggies are the Smuggler's Cover website, dealing with new house ownership (new to me, it's an old house, hence the "dealing"), and getting married in just a few months. Over. Whelmed.

However, a nice vacation to Hawaii has me refreshed and retiki'ed. Your offer of assistance is very kind and much appreciated, but right now I need a wedding coordinator and a handyman--the programming I have covered.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 09:18 am   Permalink

Oh. Ms. Humuhumu - I completely understand.

I, too, just moved into a very-old-but-new-to-me house and know how it is to "deal" with the many charms of an aged house. I wish you the very best with that!

Thanks for all the great work on Critiki.com; I look forward to the update whenever it happens. It's definitely more important to focus on the house, wedding & your beautiful new Smuggler's Cove site.

Cheers!

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 1:17 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu,

Congrats on all of the other life stuff. Let me know when your ready for another couple hundred images and some new historical Tiki sites.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 6:03 pm   Permalink

If the commute wasn't so rough, I'd be your handyman.
Congrats on the Humuhumu 1.2 upgrade.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation