FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tretchikoff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tretchikoff
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 01:24 am   Permalink

Humu PLEASE I beg of you! Use your moderator powers and banish that photo.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 10:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-10 01:13, Trader Woody wrote:
Satan's Sin excitedly awaits Trader Woody's change of will.

Dammit! I forgot to add "Zardoz" to that "top 5 movies" thread!!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-13 10:36 am   Permalink

Satan's Sin has been out of town on business in a strange place called "Chicago" ... where clients are so cruel as to forbid investigation of local tiki bars, and hotels so primitive as to offer only dial-up as opposed to high-speed Internet access ....

Imagine Satan's Sin's surprise upon returning home to find the unfortunate Zardoz "indiscretion" revealed. It is vitally, vitally important that this picture never be shown to Mrs. Satan's Sin. Satan's Sin does not have much cash at the moment, but can offer the blackmailer ... a night of bliss ...

Satan's Sin closes in the sure knowledge that this posting will have the magic power to kill this thread.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 07:18 am   Permalink

Scored this nice little haul over the weekend!

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-09-20 07:49 am   Permalink

you lucky bastard! I was just daydreaming about finding a hoard like that, did you find the pictures one by one or was it single find?

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 10:31 am   Permalink

Great find! What was the damage? Did you get them at a car boot sale?

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 3:50 pm   Permalink

OK, I've been wondering this since I saw my first Tretchikoff: WHY are the women blue or green? Was this Tretchikoff's innovation or was he continuing some sort of tradition?

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 5:02 pm   Permalink

tikijackalope -- thanks for having the guts to ask! Anybody?

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-09-22 07:51 am   Permalink

I think its just his style, but another question was posed by an eBay listing "Tretchikoff gay intrest green ladyboy" which claimed that his models were all ladyboys. Which i personally think is a load of bollocks.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 2:29 pm   Permalink

atomictonytiki wrote:
Quote:
I think its just his style, but another question was posed by an eBay listing "Tretchikoff gay intrest green ladyboy" which claimed that his models were all ladyboys. Which i personally think is a load of bollocks.

Yeah, they look like women to me; the one second from the right in Cheekytiki's photo has a certain Lauren Bacall quality, but the Chinese woman (the really blue one on the far right) gives me the creeps. The one on the far left has me wondering if Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry was influenced by Tretchikoff when he made the charactor of the green Orion slave woman for the pilot in the mid-1960's:

"She's like an animal...They say no human male can resist her" That sounds exotic to me, and the charactor to whom the woman was supposed to appeal was a serviceman dreaming of escapism.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-11-02 11:36 am   Permalink

I think this is my favorite Tretchikoff painting:

Unfortunately, though I've seen this Green Woman displayed in several tiki bars, I still don't know the name of the piece or the woman depicted. Obviously a Tretchikoff though. Anyone else seen this one?

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 12:34 pm   Permalink

I made a substantial bid for this print (on black velvet) in a pristine auction house in Pasedena,CA., but I was outbid by some guy by the name of "Koalacharms".
{Original photo compliments of Kooche).

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-11-02 12:55 pm   Permalink

And please don't forget the less-famous "Tretchi-Cat"

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 1:42 pm   Permalink

This was apainting I did for the Mrs. a while back

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 3:42 pm   Permalink

Is this the biggest out there?

At Trailer Happiness, London.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation