FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Remodeling my basement
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Remodeling my basement
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-20 7:14 pm   Permalink

That bar with the overhead you are building is going to be nice...great job. Sliding glass doors can be a decorator's nightmare, but I am sure someone will come up with a great idea.

I have 3 sliding glass doors in my house that look a hundred percent better with BYPASS shutter doors. Mine are off-white plantation shutters that match the shutters in the rest of the house. The link shows examples, but you could do natural wood to match all your bamboo. Looks like you have a frame build-out around your door already. Well anyway...that is my lame suggestion.

http://www.riverwoodshutters.com/Shutters_For_Doors_s/32.htm

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-21 4:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks Pappy!!! Good call on the lights, now I need to go get dimmers!!

VampiressRN that was not a lame suggestion, I would have never thought of that. I think I am going to try my lame idea with the bamboo bead things and if it doesn't look good, I might try your idea. Thanks!!!

Here are some pics with the thatch up. It is not really supported yet or finished for that matter. I think I am going to order more thatch and double it up because it is kind of gappy!!! Also, it will be covered with some kind of material were all the exposed wood is.

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-23 09:22 am   Permalink

Can anyone tell from the pictures is this a "real Leeteg painting? I bought another new bar and they guy practically gave it to me for free because I bought the other bar from him too! I like the painting/print regardless, just curious if there is any experts out there with any info on it. The pictures kind of suck (only got two and the battery died!!!

Thanks,
Craig

Ahhh, I just looked at the pictures I posted and noticed the blue writing below the signature. I didn't notice it before. So I guess it is just a poster, looks really old though!

http://www.myspace.com/crutler

[ This Message was edited by: tikifreak1 2008-03-23 10:16 ]

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-23 12:09 pm   Permalink

Tikifreak1 your lounge is really looking good!
As for the Leeteg, yeh, the printing under the signature gives it away. It is still an old print though and of one of Leeteg's most famous paintings called Hina Ripa (Probably knew that!).
Getting one of the few originals would be quite a deal!
These posters are probably the next best thing and are even themselves becoming hard to find.
TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-25 5:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the comps and the info TabooDan! Here is some pics of how the the bamboo curtain turned out over the sliding glass door. My dogs triggered off the motion light out back otherwise it looks pretty cool I think. Also, put some flicker bulbs in the lamps and got an old puffer parrot fish.

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-26 01:17 am   Permalink

Looking like some kind of hideaway. A nice vintage feel to it.

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahalakruzer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 10:23 pm   Permalink

Those curtains turned out cool...Definitely going to have to buy the ones you showed me.

View Profile of kahalakruzer Send a personal message to kahalakruzer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-29 1:05 pm   Permalink

I agree...great job on the bead curtains...they look awesome.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-29 1:50 pm   Permalink

Holey crap you just keep going like the energizer bunny.
Looking Good!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-29 3:11 pm   Permalink

WOW!

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-30 12:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks Sam, K.K., Vamp, Seeks, and Kahu for checkin it out!!!! Today I started burlap phase 1!!! There will be some more trim work and rope around the top and bottom of the pole. I also got out some of the moldy smell of the original cushions so I put them back on!

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-03 2:23 pm   Permalink

You're an inspiration!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-23 5:40 pm   Permalink

Big Kahuna, thanks! Although I am inspired by everybody on here!!! My work is nothing compared to most of the work on here! The record frame is from TC artist Monkeyman!!!

Pappy- If you read this again, I got dimmers!!!

Burlap phase 1 almost done, just some cleaning up and some detail trim work!

I wrapped the post with rope (which is almost done, I ran out towards the top) and it appears it is also great fun for our cats!!

After all the trim and detailing I will put a fish net up in the ceiling area and decorate it with a bunch o' crap!

tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 09:27 am   Permalink

Haven't done to much to the basement (still need to do a lot more around the bar) but I did get a chair and some fish traps that I converted into light!! Nothing spectacular.

tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-04 4:33 pm   Permalink

Finished the bar today. The main building part of it is anyways, I'm still eventually going to add a bunch to it! I also added more thatch and it made it more full looking which I was hoping for.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation