FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Not what it seems Page 16 8/20/13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Not what it seems Page 16 8/20/13
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-11 05:40 am   Permalink

Just read your response after I read your pm. Yes, I'll come by and pick it up for sure. Thanks. Not only are your carves a great inspiration but your a goodguy too! Looking forward to seeing your stuff in person. I'll make sure you get some palm in the future. TT

[ This Message was edited by: Tucson Tiki 2008-11-13 15:52 ]

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-11 09:59 am   Permalink

Excellent finish on this guy, MAN you have some STRONG detail skills, I LOVE the Beautiful Straight, fair curved lines, no bumps, lumps or irregularities, like it came out of a CNC Machine. (Can WE Use it? )
You have shown lots of creativity already with your headdress and the best way to get More creative is to just spend time in google/images of Tiki and anywhere else you can fine Tiki to look at (like Here), they will all inspire the creative juices. You are more than welcome to use any of my images for inspioration and copy them if you like.
Nice Stuff
I was going to comment on your Great shop but thats ANOTHER long post in itself

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-11 11:49 am   Permalink

Nice statue! Love the whole vibe it gives off, sort of a retro primitive thing going. To me anyway, if that makes any sense, LOL.

Really cool garage too!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-11 4:52 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the great comments on the lono. My garage is a sore subject with me. I am first and formost a hotrod guy. With the economy the way it is and the illiterate voting public the way it is I see no end in site for conservitive guys like me to make headway. I want to work on my hotrod stuff but it takes a lot of dough. The 40 Ford Sedan Delivery will be my promotion vehicle for my tiki habit. The 34 Ford coupe is just for cruisin'. Hope to get to the 34 this winter. In the meantime I carve. I wonder what I'll do next? HMMMMMMMMMMM!

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-12 04:52 am   Permalink

Nice job TT!! I like the finish on it, and great imagination on the headress!

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-12 4:42 pm   Permalink

Nice job! Great take on a classic style, you made it fresh and unique, but very recognizable

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-12 5:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Here it is with a second coat of spar urethane finish on it. Kinda dark out when I took these pics. Sorry about that.

buzzard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-12 6:45 pm   Permalink

hey tt
was'nt sure were you were going with the headdress
but it turned out great!

also looks like you got a nice stash of logs there

View Profile of buzzard Send a personal message to buzzard  Email buzzard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-12 7:36 pm   Permalink

Buzzard thanks. It turned out kinda weird. I wanted more details in it but the palm was really stringy and would not let me get to intricate. Going to Washington next week and driving back. Will bring back some cedar logs. Maybe they will allow me to get the detail I desire. Looking forward to trying cedar again. My first( very crude) tiki was outta cedar and was easy to carve.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-12 7:47 pm   Permalink

Cedar will be good but it Can be difficult to carve. You should be able to get redwood and even Cherry and Soft maple. They have great carving woods there so Get a bunch. anything to allow you to bring out that excellent detail you are SO Capable of!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-12 8:18 pm   Permalink

Looking good! Looks like you live in a walled compound
with those green wall.

I have a maple log you might want to try along with the ceder.
I haven't tried carving any maple yet but I'm sure its hard. I think
your going to be in carving heaven with something other than that palm.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-13 3:51 pm   Permalink

Seeksurf, I am looking forward to meeting you on Tuesday. I really appreciate to wood. I will return the favor in the future. I will not forget it. Wanna trade carves? I dig your stuff and would like to own one. We can talk when I get there. Tucson Tiki

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-13 4:17 pm   Permalink

Yes, this will be cool. Looking fwd to seeing ya.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-28 3:17 pm   Permalink

After going to Washington to pick up logs and other junk for someone else I decided to knock out a quickie. I wanted to do a simple one after that last one. I will be kicking out a bunch of small ones in hopes of selling them for Christmas presents. Place your orders now kids. Aloha! Used tung oil on this one as suggested by seeksurf. Love that finish. I am very happy with the color and ease. Will be using it more for indoor tikis.

[ This Message was edited by: Tucson Tiki 2008-11-28 15:21 ]

Savage Daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-28 4:16 pm   Permalink

Nice Moai, I love the expression. The finish is perfect. I will have to give that tung oil a try myself.
Is that fan palm?

Savage Daddy
www.savagedaddy.webs.com

View Profile of Savage Daddy Send a personal message to Savage Daddy  Email Savage Daddy Goto the website of Savage Daddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation