FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Not what it seems Page 16 8/20/13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Not what it seems Page 16 8/20/13
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-11 3:46 pm   Permalink

Looking great! I love how he is just popping out
at us.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 5:55 pm   Permalink

I still need to put a finish on him tonight. I will start peeling another victim tonight as well. Thanks for the nice words. I love this stuff. So much fun to be creative.

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 5:20 pm   Permalink

Here it is with a lil' spar finish on it. Turned out ok.

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 7:14 pm   Permalink

I will have to drop in say hi and check this out.

http://www.hotrodarama.com/directions.html

I found it.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gooberfreek
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-14 9:55 pm   Permalink

I'm lovin those eyes, he looks crazy , I'm really envious of your talent matey, how long have you been carving? I wish my Tikis turned out as good as yours...

Have a drink on me...

View Profile of Gooberfreek Send a personal message to Gooberfreek      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 10:11 pm   Permalink

Gooberfreek, They can turn out that good if you just become one with the wood! Feel it like a fine woman and become one!. I have been doing this about 9 months. It's fun! Dig in and feel the groove man. Ya dig? And by the way. All my stuff is for sale. Anybody can pm me for a price. Shipping is up to the buyer though. TT

[ This Message was edited by: Tucson Tiki 2008-05-14 22:43 ]

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 10:52 pm   Permalink

this tiki turned out very good.
Nice work,

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 11:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks Benella, Isn't it amazing what a little alcohol can do to turn you day around. Carve on! Skol--------TT

Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-27 10:04 pm   Permalink

I keep bangin' away at the wood. Finished this one tonight. I am not all that happy with it. I tried putting a different finish on it and it came out much darker than I would have like. Design was pretty typical stuff really. Just hoping to sell it. Shot some night pics with a couple of green flood lights on it. Would have been cooler without the flash I think. Used Teak oil on it. 24 inches tall and about 12 in. diameter

Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 5:07 pm   Permalink

BTTT for the fine audience cruising the post! Carve-Post-Carve-Post!!!!

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 5:58 pm   Permalink

Hey Tuscon Tiki. That tall skinny Moai is made of palmwood? Nice one. Your carvings look "soft" with the stain and finish.

Any peyote growing around the desert?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 6:31 pm   Permalink

Nice work! he has some smooth flowing lines.
I like the lines in the head area above the eyes.
You are really pumping them out.

The green looks like its in the wood but just light.

Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 10:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-29 17:58, Jungle Trader wrote:
Hey Tuscon Tiki. That tall skinny Moai is made of palmwood? Nice one. Your carvings look "soft" with the stain and finish.

Any peyote growing around the desert?

Ya! I pick all I can find baby!!! Makes for some interesting times out here in the ol' courtyard. Just me and Jim Morisson. We are stone immaculate!!!!!!!!!

Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 10:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-29 18:31, seeksurf wrote:
Nice work! he has some smooth flowing lines.
I like the lines in the head area above the eyes.
You are really pumping them out.

The green looks like its in the wood but just light.

Ya, I'm pumping something? Not sure what it is yet. I still have a long way to go before I get to your level of talent. I need better wood than palm to get good detail like the stuff you have done. I know I can do it but palm has it's limitations. I need that Western Red Cedar Seeks!!!!!!!!!!! I'll see ya in August in Tacoma. TT

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-30 5:16 pm   Permalink

I'm having alittle trouble with my cedar. It just don't hold
the detail I'm trying to achieve. I'm telling you the alder is sweet.

I'm planning on setting you up with a log or 2. I will check out
the drift wood, at the coast might be some cedar washup going on?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation