FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Not what it seems Page 16 8/20/13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Not what it seems Page 16 8/20/13
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-30 5:30 pm   Permalink

Well, I'm open to trying the alder. Doesn't it crack alot when it dries. That has been my impression with all the alder I have used for firewood when I lived there. Check out some of those small lumber mills down in the Orting Valley area. I remember seeing some small time operations down there.

[ This Message was edited by: Tucson Tiki 2008-05-30 17:31 ]

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-30 8:07 pm   Permalink

Yes, Im still playing with the cracking. Thin man cracked very little
and crack in the rear. I have been laying wet towels over the front?
I worked well with thinman.

Yes, i have been meaning to check out some mills, but not likely tell
i need wood. I have what i need for some time.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-30 10:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-29 22:10, Tucson Tiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-05-29 17:58, Jungle Trader wrote:
Hey Tuscon Tiki. That tall skinny Moai is made of palmwood? Nice one. Your carvings look "soft" with the stain and finish.

Any peyote growing around the desert?

Ya! I pick all I can find baby!!! Makes for some interesting times out here in the ol' courtyard. Just me and Jim Morisson. We are stone immaculate!!!!!!!!!

Just as I thought. I'll be out tomorrow, tell you bout the maiden with raw iron soul. Electric

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-31 07:59 am   Permalink

I Like it like This, and think it is fine the way it is. Good work.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-31 3:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks Benzart! Coming from you that's great. I keep pluggin' away. If only I could sell some it would help. TT

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-31 7:53 pm   Permalink

Tough sell in Tuscon. Similar to where I live but no Indians. Lotsa cowboys though. I'm near Oakdale, the cowboy capital of the world.
You might consider carving a bunch more and bringing a truckload over to Northern Cali. It's a numbers game. I've been vending at car shows and auto swap meets lately. Vintage cars, hot rods, and tikis sometimes go together. Kind of a Big Daddy Roth angle. When folks see the carvings first hand rather than in a picture they get excited. I'm planning a spot at the Stockton Arena in the the middle of July. It's huge.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-01 1:07 pm   Permalink

Ya, I'm taking my stuff to LA Father's Day Swapmeet and Show. Gonna sell my hotrod and some other stuff. I saw some tiki's there last year at the show. I'll see what happens.

Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-07 2:35 pm   Permalink

Just finished up this little fellow. Simple design. Dig it!

congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-07 3:39 pm   Permalink

I dig it TT. Simple is just fine if it has the right "feeling" and
yer last guy is cool. It's my favorite one so far, but you are showing
some skills in all of them.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-10 10:44 pm   Permalink

Nice, strait forward and simple.
He has iron man eyes.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-13 2:27 pm   Permalink

Hi ya all! Been a while since I posted here on the site with my carvings. The owner of the Kon Tiki asked me to do a new addition to the outside entry way . I was more than happy to oblige his request. It will be great to have one of my pieces on permanent display at an iconic tiki bar like the Kon Tiki in Tucson. Hope he likes it. I am pretty happy with it. It's a little different than past ventures but I feel it will work. Let's hear some feedback(positive I hope) Thanks TT

sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-14 08:27 am   Permalink

Very nice!!! Congrats!!

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-14 08:50 am   Permalink

Hey Tucson, Looking Great. You are getting very tight detail, enough so that you should try your version of some good traditional stuff (like your Moai!), I think you could carve a Ku or a Lono very well.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-14 10:34 am   Permalink

Benzart thanks! Post a couple examples of what you speak so I can get some ideas. I am not familiar with all the terms. I am willing to try something new(old) I will post pics of this as we stick it in the ground in front of the Kon Tiki.

kiwishaman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-14 12:20 pm   Permalink

WOW TT

I like it!!

excellent

KS

View Profile of kiwishaman Send a personal message to kiwishaman  Goto the website of kiwishaman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation