FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Join us for Lala Bahooka 3/8/08 what a night $ 2,700 raised
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Join us for Lala Bahooka 3/8/08 what a night $ 2,700 raised
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-07 7:37 pm   Permalink

OH WOW TOP OF THE PAGE TOP OF THE PAGE !!!!

Looking forward to my first Tiki Central event !!

Don't be afraid if a guy with a severed head tattooed on his hand says HI!!

Thats me !!

[ This Message was edited by: Skinny Dog 2008-03-08 00:46 ]

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RumMonkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-08 09:58 am   Permalink

Hey everyone!

I'm not far from Bahooka, and was wondering if I could still get in tonight with the wife.

Do we have to make reservations...or just show up at 7:00?

One last question...I think I just read the post wierd, but to clarify...
The $10 is just the cover for the show, right?
Then drinks and food are all normal prices?

Anyway, hope there's still some room left if we show up

mmmmmm....

View Profile of RumMonkey Send a personal message to RumMonkey  Email RumMonkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-08 10:03 am   Permalink

Dani and I will bring a couple of mugs and such for sale, Also I would like to donate my artist proof " Skulldron" Rum Barrel, That's worth a couple of bucks! Looking forward to the tasty ribs! Mahalo! Gogo

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-03-08 16:04 ]

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-08 11:01 am   Permalink

Wow! Great love & support we have here on TC, you people rock! See ya tonight!! hiPhiPaHuLa!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-08 3:04 pm   Permalink

See all you crazy kids tonight!!

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-08 4:40 pm   Permalink

I hope the ATM is full !!!

Can we use C.Card or is it cash and carry ??

I have been contacted on Myspace by several friends

who have family with MS and they all say THANK YOU !!!

So we will be bring a few extra pieces to donate in their honor !

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-08 9:51 pm   Permalink

You must have had a great turn out! We got there and could not find parking anywhere. Happy to see such a crowd but bummed we could not be part of it. Hope you raised lots of money and had a great time.

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-09 12:24 pm   Permalink

WoooHooo! Mucho Mahalo to our Host & Hostess John & Paula for putting together such an Incredible Event.

DJ LavaFlow provided us with Tropical Tunes all night long

Dave's Not Home was the Auctioneer for the night

Kaytee & TikiFarm Sharon

Dani getting ready to dive into her Cosmo Bowl

Katyee showed us how to Rock the Hula

Hula..Hula..Hula

Need entertainment for your next party or event? Call 1-800-Soccertiki
Ask for the Hinano_Paul Hulla Special

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2008-03-09 12:32 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-03-09 12:36 pm   Permalink

Squid said that when he saw Hinano Paul and Soccertiki dressed in hula skirts, it reminded him of Baloo the bear.

Thanks for hosting a fun evening at the Bahooka John and Paula. GROG very happy with the OA tiki signed
by Bob and Leroy that GROG won in the auction. GROG wanted to bid on the OA pole, but it was raffled off.

Nice hula show, Sharon and Gary.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2008-03-09 12:37 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-09 4:45 pm   Permalink

We had a great time last night and well I got drunk for a great cause. Thanks to everyone that put this event together.

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-10 07:59 am   Permalink

WOW!! What a night. What do you get when you mix 65 wonderful Ohana members, both new and old, 15 donors, 4 beautiful dancers,and "DJ Lava Flow" with Bahooka ribs and dark rum? A night of fun, friendship, love and about $2700.00. On be half of Suffering Bastard in Maine and I MAHALO to everyone for the great turn out to Lala Bahooka. Thank you to everyone for the kind words about the event but really it was about YOU and what you all did to make this happen. I was just there for the ride. Without you all it would have just been another dinner and Mai Tai at the Bahooka for me.

As you all could tell I am not a pro at event planning. Have to apologize to all of you and to Holden at Tiki Farm. As I was packing up I found that I did not add the two Tiki Farm LE AP mugs "Martin" & "Cockeyed Tiki Bush Warrior" I will be starting an on line auction here on TC. Please check it out in " Market Place"

The night was summed up for me as I looked at my mother in law at the end of the night. She had tears in her eyes as she understood the true meaning of Ohana and the Aloha spirit.

Mahalo, John

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-10 08:19 am   Permalink

I would just like to echo the sentiments of dibroc.

When my wife heard that folks in CA, most of whom she has never met (although a few she has!) did all of this to support the organization that helps her out, she started to cry.

It truly means a great deal to us and I look forward to returning the favor when I can!

MAHALO!!!

..sb

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-10 11:35 am   Permalink

John, You really put on a great show. My wife & I couldn't have had a better time at our 1st Tiki Central event. We met some nice people & we even won a couple of things in the raffles. Thanks again for a great night.
Mike & Karen

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-10 7:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks John and All of the So.Cal Ohana, Great event to help those with MS, Mahalo!

Some of the Ohana!

Lots of Cool, Items for the auction and raffle, Thanks John, Best to you and yours Suffering Bastard, Mahalo! Gogo

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-03-10 19:45 ]

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-10 8:10 pm   Permalink

Wow looks like you guys had a blast and raised some serious coin.... well done.. not suprising really.. John & Paula pretty much kick ass ALWAYS! wish i coulda made it there...

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation