FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events ***Tonga Hut art show *** February 23, 2008***
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
***Tonga Hut art show *** February 23, 2008***
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 01:06 am   Permalink

Everyone raise your rum barrels to GROG, for putting together another great evening at the Tonga Hut. Some seriously lovely merchandise tonight. My wallet is much thinner now, but I'm one happy Tikigirrrl. Always fun to see Doug and Stacie and I can't wait to frame my "Jesus Loves Tiki" print and wear my new Happy Chi jewelry! Tiki Diablo, your mugs rock, and Go-Go Tiki... well, you'll be getting an order from me soon for one of those underwater fantasy half-barrel mugs (in a brunette version PLEASE)! Gene, you better call me next time you're in town, or I'll make YOU buy me a drink when I'm next in Vegas! Very nice to meet you, Dave, and I think your necklaces are beautifully made. Eileen, you were definitely missed, but we all hope you're feeling better soon. In the meantime, everyone start getting ready for Spring (ALOHAAAA to warmer weather) and all the upcoming Tiki-fying events this year. And look forward to the next issue of Tiki Magazine! We're all turning in our latest articles in the next week or so. Aloha for now! -- Kari

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
smgleason47
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 10:49 am   Permalink

2nd that - Grog, another great night of fun at the Tonga Hut! Bought a Doug Horne (got in a little trouble with my wife!) but it was worth it!

Also spoke with GoGo and his wife Dani for awhile. SUPER nice people and the Go tiki mugs (which i hadn't seen in person) are awesome. They ended up giving me FOUR pendants and one of thier prized free willy mugs FOR FREE. Go buy some - you won't be disappointed. Thanks again for saving me my funkey monkey shot glasses. GO TIKI ROCKS!

michael g

View Profile of smgleason47 Send a personal message to smgleason47  Email smgleason47     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 11:26 am   Permalink

I know there were people taking photos last night. Anyone post any of these yet?

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-02-24 11:37 am   Permalink

I didn't take a ton of pictures last night but here a few -

Crazy Al and GROG

Tiki Diablo and Mrs. Tiki Diablo

The Great Wall of Diablo

Tiki Kate, Cheeky Girl, Mieko and Hiphipahula

Future Mrs. Bora Boris, Baldy, Hiltiki, Phil and Mieko.

I'm going back to sleep.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-24 11:57 am   Permalink

OK.....You asked for it...

Our friends from the F.O.M. with their original GoTiki mugs

HipHipHula and WooHoo

GoGo, WooHoo and SoccerTiki

The always gracious Doug Horne after signing a special Promo Print for the upcoming Tiki Caliente show

Stacey waiting for WooHooWahine to make the first watch purchase of the evening

WooHoo's new "Happy Chi" original watch!

Tikiyaki and yours truly...Is it just me or does this guy look like Dracula? LOL!

GoGo and Polynesiac

The paparrazi waiting to attack outside!

Hmmmm....I want this sticker!

Another Tiki Diablo classic!

This beauty came from Thor's booth

This was early in the evening...GoGo and Dani were selling mugs like hotcakes!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-24 1:46 pm   Permalink

Dracula !!!!

OK....I admit it, I need some SUN.....This SoCal weather is NOT helping me in that dept right now...Man, I need to get back to Waikiki !!!

I had fun last night.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-02-24 1:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks everybody who came to the Tonga Hut art show. It was a smaller crowd this time overall, but a good turnout of TCers. The last time we had a Tonga Hut art show and it was cold and rainy, that was a smaller crowd as well. Seems like Clifornians can't drive in the rain.

Thank you to all the artists who participated, and thank you to the Tonga Hut owners Ana and Jeremy, and the bartenders Trevor, Megan, and Deborah (or Debra?) for slinging the drinks.Thanks DJ Devil One for some fun tunes.

This year is the Tonga Hut's 50th anniversary, so hopefully we can help support our local Tiki bars , so they can survive another 50 years.

Mahalo.

Ernie

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 5:46 pm   Permalink

What a great night! Happy 50th Tonga Hut. 1958-2008 Looking forward to the 50th party! Yeah Soccer Tiki, Tiki Paparazzi,thats me covering as Hiltiki pointed out! The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Tiki.
The Tonga Hut is all Good and the Incredible Tiki art show made it even better!

Thanks to all the artists for sharing your cool work. Ana, Jeremy and Grog for putting this show together and the great Mai Tai's!
My compliments to the Tonga Hut drink review board.
I also want to thank the TCers that answered Wildsville's questions on and off camera in prep for his intervention this May 10th in Palm Springs.
Together we can help Wildsville Man. Lets not forget poor Andy, he loved Tiki Too.
Thanks for keeping the Tiki spirit alive everyone.

(Grog didn't even have to use his club once all night either.

And whats up with this guy? Mojo working or what? I'm jealous

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tongahut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-24 5:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who braved the rain to join us for our first art show this year. Grog you did a great job coordinating the artists. Thanks to all the artists, DJ Devil 1, all the party goers and our staff for making it happen. Go Tiki thanks so much for the Tiki Tunes Jukebox - its already in our display case! And thanks to Horne for the amazing mask- its already up on the wall behind the bar!

Let's keep this thing going. We're looking forward to celebrating our 50th Anniversary with you all year long!

Viva Tiki!!

Ana and Jeremy

View Profile of tongahut Send a personal message to tongahut  Email tongahut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 7:27 pm   Permalink

Despite the rain, Luigi and I made it out to the Tonga Hut.

Here are the pics I managed to snag while there.

That's all!

Had a blast!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-02-24 7:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ravenne,

I'm glad the ones that I'm in were in focus.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 7:56 pm   Permalink

I know some people hate sharing their blurry pics.

I like to give variety!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-24 9:36 pm   Permalink

More pics

View Profile of skitiki Send a personal message to skitiki  Email skitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 9:53 pm   Permalink

What a very FUN night!!!!

Was great to chat with the Ohana & meet some new friends!!
Thanks to GROG for hosting a great event at a FABULOUS tiki bar.
And thanks to all of the wonderful artists for bring their fabulous work to share with us all!!!!

I have many new tiki treasures to take on home to Wisconsin with me. Thanks to all for the incredibly warm welcome to us out-of-towners. We look forward to doing it again sometime SOON!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-25 07:03 am   Permalink

It was great meeting everybody at the show! Thanks for putting together yet another great event, GROG! Sorry that I didn't show up in my Power Ranger PJ's. Betty just didn't make me a good enough offer.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation