FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 12:19 pm   Permalink

Yeah I really hope that some more TC people show up for this,
its an all around great day of shopping, drinking, bands, movies, and
most importantly Friends!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 12:21 pm   Permalink

So, we're going, it will be our first year. But I have questions...first off, do you get to drive your car all the way in to watch the movies? And if so, can we bring a cooler full of tropical rum based libations? What about dogs? Oh yeah, and if this past weekend was any indicator...BRING SUNSCREEN AND WATER! It gets hot as crap out in the Inland Empire. Thanks!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 12:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-28 11:46, TIKIBOSKO wrote:
Aloha, is anyone else going to the Tiki Invasion? Last year was pretty fun and I hear this time around Tiki Diablo may actually get there, earlier.

We are planning on attending and I was going to bring odd ball pieces (that we can't sell on the website) out of the shop which we'll give you a great deal on. We have a bunch of custom bar pieces, top beams, moldings, that have slight imperfections. If there is anything you are after drop us a line, if we have it we'll bring it along, you are under no obligation to buy.
We are also cleaning out our storage and we're going to bring some vintage stuff (not just Tiki)if anybody is into that kind of thing.
Stop by and say hello.

Bosko

Bosko, will you be bringing any of your cool redwood masks that you sell on the site, like the HanoHano,Le'a, or Malu ?

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 12:40 pm   Permalink

I am still planning on coming and participating in the HotRod show.
Come look for us out there! I only plan on being there from the start till the mid afternoon because I can't handle the heat long and my niece is having a baby I need to go welcome into the family that evening.

Look for Christine:

Ben and I should be close by

-Cheri aka Catmomma

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Tiki Shop
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-28 1:20 pm   Permalink

The Tiki Shop will be there as well as Tiki Stan and his carvings!

View Profile of The Tiki Shop Send a personal message to The Tiki Shop  Email The Tiki Shop Goto the website of The Tiki Shop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 1:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-28 12:21, Jason Wickedly wrote:
So, we're going, it will be our first year. But I have questions...first off, do you get to drive your car all the way in to watch the movies? And if so, can we bring a cooler full of tropical rum based libations? What about dogs? Oh yeah, and if this past weekend was any indicator...BRING SUNSCREEN AND WATER! It gets hot as crap out in the Inland Empire. Thanks!

Yes, you get to pull your car all the way in so you can watch movies later; there's also priority parking for hot rods/kustom cars. As for coolers & libations, yes. Or least you could last time. The only thing I'm not sure about is pets.

Who's bringing the grill??????

And don't forget to stop by and say hi to Kim and I in the Badland Beads booth. Mention TC for a discount

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 2:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

there's also priority parking for hot rods/kustom cars.

Will I be able to leave early if I am in the car show part? I can't stay past like 2-3 pm.

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachnik
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-28 9:55 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to my first Tiki Invasion. I will not be able to get there until 6 - 6:30pm. Will the vendors and car show still be happening at that time? If not, it's all about Agent Orange and da flix!

View Profile of Beachnik Send a personal message to Beachnik  Email Beachnik     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
whoseyrdaddy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-28 11:35 pm   Permalink

So stoked on this! Bringing a car load full o kids and friends. This will be my kids first drive in. A wrong that is long past due to be righted! Music, tikis, and B movies on the big screen... I think I just peed myself just pondering it.
My only question is how the sound is set up for the movies. Speaker box? FM radio tuner? Anywhere for someone to pitch a beach chair and still get to hear the soundtrack?
I'll be the one with the lime green inflatable sofa pitched in front of my car.
TC ohana welcome!

View Profile of whoseyrdaddy Send a personal message to whoseyrdaddy  Goto the website of whoseyrdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 09:14 am   Permalink

car radio or a boom box if you dont want to drain yer car battery.

last one we set up a bunch of beach chairs and set a boom box on a ice chest infront of us.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 09:53 am   Permalink

See ya guys there!!

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 11:48 am   Permalink

Invasion in 5 Days !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 4:53 pm   Permalink

Things to bring!

Most important not to forget these items!

Sunscreen, hats, folding lawn chairs, coolers with water, soda and ice, a change of shirt (or buy a new TIKI-INVASION II T shirt!) and a boom box radio with fresh batteries for the movie sound (which tunes in on FM radio). Canopies for shade are great, just weight down the legs with something heavy (gallon jugs of water or sand, barbell plates, cinder blocks) so they don't blow away in the wind and damage someone's head or someone's classic car, and take them down BEFORE the movies start.

Strange as this sounds, a light jacket or blanket is not a bad idea as it can get cool in the late evening at the drive-in. Cameras are permitted.

Bring cash too, we do not accept credit cards but we do have an ATM located inside the snack bar. Remember, if you are buying tickets at the gate they are cash only.

For movie watching, we recommed a "tailgate" style setup with lawnchairs, a blanket, rug or tarp to lay down on the ground and make things cozy, FM radio boom box for the movie sound and a cooler.

And bring ALL your friends who like to have a GREAT time!!

IF YOU ARE BRINGING LIBATIONS:
Please put your favorite libations is DISCREET CONTAINERS such a coke cups, sports bottles, travel mugs, or our plastic tiki mug available at the snack bar. We can not permit open beer cans, beer bottles, or any obvious alcohol container, which may include tiki mugs. We will have a limited amount of soda cups and lids available FREE of CHARGE for this purpose. We apologize for this necessity but keep reading.

The Montclair police will be present for our security which is a very GOOD thing, and even though we are on private property it is a public event which means no open containers allowed. Treat this event exactly like you would a day at the beach or the park. Be cool about drinking alcohol and the security will be cool towards you. If you doctor your soda pop up with something good, be discreet about pouring it and carrying it and everything will be perfectly fine.

Things NOT to bring:

Pets. Alas, Fido will not be very happy on hot asphalt all day and listening to loud music. Besides, we don't have much grass for him to do his business on. Then there is potential barking and biting complaints which neither of us needs.

Open alcohol containers, glass bottles of any kind. (see above!)

Thanks and we'll see you this weekend!

'Vid

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 8:38 pm   Permalink

Hey Tikiyaki we'll be bringing a wide assortment of masks (some of the ones you asked about) and things, come over take a look and say hello.

See you all there,

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 9:06 pm   Permalink

Hey Vid,

thanks for all the rules and suggestions.
very good stuff there.

Jeff(btd)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation