FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-04-29 9:16 pm   Permalink

Y'all have a zazz of a time for Inky and I--we just can't make this event this year. See some of you at Hukilau!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-04-29 10:22 pm   Permalink

May 3 is a good day for tiki in So Cal;
Leroy Schmaltz of Oceanic Arts Retrospective-- Receptions May 3, 3-5 pm May 17, 3-5 pm Exhibit April 30 - May 30, 2008 Gallery hours Mon - Sun 12 to 5 Whittier Art Association Gallery 8035 Painter Avenue Whittier, Ca 90602-2508 Leroy will display works from early OA days til the present including his personal paintings, sculpture, and drawings.

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 1:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-29 16:53, 'Vid wrote:
Things to bring!

Most important not to forget these items!

Sunscreen, hats, folding lawn chairs, coolers with water, soda and ice, a change of shirt (or buy a new TIKI-INVASION II T shirt!) and a boom box radio with fresh batteries for the movie sound (which tunes in on FM radio). Canopies for shade are great, just weight down the legs with something heavy (gallon jugs of water or sand, barbell plates, cinder blocks) so they don't blow away in the wind and damage someone's head or someone's classic car, and take them down BEFORE the movies start.

Strange as this sounds, a light jacket or blanket is not a bad idea as it can get cool in the late evening at the drive-in. Cameras are permitted.

Bring cash too, we do not accept credit cards but we do have an ATM located inside the snack bar. Remember, if you are buying tickets at the gate they are cash only.

For movie watching, we recommed a "tailgate" style setup with lawnchairs, a blanket, rug or tarp to lay down on the ground and make things cozy, FM radio boom box for the movie sound and a cooler.

And bring ALL your friends who like to have a GREAT time!!

IF YOU ARE BRINGING LIBATIONS:
Please put your favorite libations is DISCREET CONTAINERS such a coke cups, sports bottles, travel mugs, or our plastic tiki mug available at the snack bar. We can not permit open beer cans, beer bottles, or any obvious alcohol container, which may include tiki mugs. We will have a limited amount of soda cups and lids available FREE of CHARGE for this purpose. We apologize for this necessity but keep reading.

The Montclair police will be present for our security which is a very GOOD thing, and even though we are on private property it is a public event which means no open containers allowed. Treat this event exactly like you would a day at the beach or the park. Be cool about drinking alcohol and the security will be cool towards you. If you doctor your soda pop up with something good, be discreet about pouring it and carrying it and everything will be perfectly fine.

Things NOT to bring:

Pets. Alas, Fido will not be very happy on hot asphalt all day and listening to loud music. Besides, we don't have much grass for him to do his business on. Then there is potential barking and biting complaints which neither of us needs.

Open alcohol containers, glass bottles of any kind. (see above!)

Thanks and we'll see you this weekend!

'Vid

Thanks for the info, exactly what I needed!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 3:06 pm   Permalink

Folks have been e-mailing me about nearby hotels. We suggest the Best Western Pine Tree on Central Ave in Chino, CA. Very retro feel to the place and rooms start at just $58.

It's not the Ritz Carlton, but we love the loungy/hip vibe of the place and the location is ideal, it's about 2 miles from the drive-in and just a couple of blocks from Honolulu Harry's, a very nice Tiki themed restaurant. Google Best Western Pine Tree Chino.

We did not attempt an affiliated event discount this year so hop online, use your favorite travel website and book your best deal. Last time I checked on hotels.com they did still have availablilty for Saturday night.

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 9:41 pm   Permalink

some people have been asking me who is playing when, so I am gonna post this here, so I dont have to keep looking for it, in the middle of all the posts.

Can't wait.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Tiki-Invasion II, May 3rd 2008, Schedule of Events

Tickets and vendor space still available!

www.tikiinvasion.com

Main Stage:
12:50pm 1:00pm Emcee Jet Powers Welcome

1:00 to 1:30 The Del Reys Surf

1:30 to 1:45 Ms. Bonnie Delight

1:45 to 2:15 The Burmese Crush

2:15 to 2:30 King Kukulele

2:30 to 3:15 The Woggles

3:15 to 3:30 Ms. Bonnie Delight

3:30 to 4:15 Deke Dickerson

4:15 to 4:30 King Kukulele

4:30 to 5:15 The Ghastly Ones

5:15 to 5:30 Ms. Bonnie Delight

5:30 to 6:30 Unknown Hinson

6:30 to 6:45 Ms. Bonnie Delight

6:45 to 7:45 Agent Orange

Shady Lanai:
12:00pm to 3:00 TikiYaki Orchestra

3:00 to 5:30 Lonesome Spurs

5:30 to 8:30 The Martini Kings

MOVIE SCHEDULE:
8:30 8:50 Vintage movie trailers and one 1940s cartoon
8:50 to 10:15 Deathrace 2000
10:20 to 10:40 Vintage movie trailers
10:40 to 12:10 Zombie
12:15 to 12:35 Vintage movie trailers
12:35 to 1:55 Invasion of the Bee Girls

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Uncle Laffo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-30 9:53 pm   Permalink

I sure hope that you folks on the Left Coast can keep up with the "Original Drive-Invaders" that are coming to LA to show you people how to get "Drive-In Sorry." We will be holding seminars all day long.
All you guys better have cold beer waiting.
See you there,
Laffo

View Profile of Uncle Laffo Send a personal message to Uncle Laffo  Goto the website of Uncle Laffo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 9:57 pm   Permalink

Beer??

what about Rum??
this IS a tiki event after all....

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-01 06:19 am   Permalink

Is there a list of vendors??

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 08:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-30 21:57, bigtikidude wrote:
Beer??

what about Rum??
this IS a tiki event after all....

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yes beer! It IS a hot rod/kustom car event TOO after all....

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 08:35 am   Permalink

so PBRs all around right?

now how do you do the little puking smiley?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2008-05-01 08:38 ]

tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-01 12:14 pm   Permalink

I'll be there vending if there is still room. Being completelly commited to the beachcomber lifestyle, I forgot to send in my check and sign up!:D I mostly looking forward to getting to see everybody again and see all the other cool work people have been doing!

I'll have some handpainted mugs

carved signs, driftwood tiki lamp, various flotsam and jetsam, and of coarse driftwood tiki necklaces!

http://www.tikitony.com/signsfurniture.html

Live like a Beachcomber! www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 4:58 pm   Permalink

What an awesome event!!

I wish i could go but I'm a little far away unfortunately!

Good to see drive ins are still operating in the US. I saw some pics of the decor that Diablo did when you renovated it - AMAZING! It is definitely on my to-do list when i hit the states.

Look forward to the pics.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 6:39 pm   Permalink

Hey just wondering if anyone from the San Diego area is heading up to this gig and has a spare seat? Would love to check it out but have no wheels and Sarah is working Sat so let me know if your going my way...
Cheers..
Tiki Trav

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 8:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-01 18:39, Tiki Trav wrote:
Hey just wondering if anyone from the San Diego area is heading up to this gig and has a spare seat? Would love to check it out but have no wheels and Sarah is working Sat so let me know if your going my way...
Cheers..
Tiki Trav

I am heading up early Saturday morning but staying up there till Sunday. No one really fits in the back seat of my Mustang anyway. Sorry can't help ya out with a ride! I would if i could

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 8:20 pm   Permalink

Have to repo my Harley that day, dammit!! Deadbeat I sold it to, welshed, claimed to be broke, and then took it to my buddys shop to get it fixed. Re-tard. I'll catch the next one!!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation