FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-03 6:51 pm   Permalink

I was so bummed to have missed last year's event. I GOTTA go to da 50th!!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-03 7:28 pm   Permalink

Actually, Aug 5th 2006 was the 50th Anniversary and the 1st Tiki-Invasion. This will be the um, 52th, ah, 52rd... 52st.

The T-shirt illustration of the "spaceman tiki" was actually the T shirt from the 1st Tiki-Invasion. It sold out quickly. We'll print more of those PLUS have this year's edition available at Tiki-Invasion II. This year's is also quite incredible. I'll be unveiling this year's T next week.

Best,
'Vid

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-03 11:01 pm   Permalink

Wish I could be there, but a tee and print would be the next best thing... Let us know how we can get some.

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-04 6:51 pm   Permalink

We're working on the film lineup as we speak. Any suggestions/requests? A lot of our favorites are so hard to find on 35mm, but we're going to find three amazing films for this shindig. Share your thoughts with us.

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-04 8:34 pm   Permalink

"American Graffitti" , "Day of the Lepids ", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre " (The Original) , "Scanners " , "Attack of the 50 ft. Woman" and with "Tex Avery " cartoons for intermission (Chilly Willy , Woody Woodpecker , Droopy Dog , etc. ). Thats my input .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-04 8:39 pm   Permalink

Blue Hawaii or Bird of Paradise

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-04 9:06 pm   Permalink

Of course any Russ Meyer film would be titilating.

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-02-04 10:14 pm   Permalink

I vote for
"The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057181/

trailer: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057181/trailers-screenplay-E20854-310

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-05 08:52 am   Permalink

Vid,
can you please make sure you do XXL shirts for us big guys.
thanks
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-05 11:39 am   Permalink

American Graffiti is such a great drive-in flick. I saw it 8 times in a row when it came out in '73, and I was all of 14 years old. Would also love to show The Van, another great drive-in flick.

I'd love to show 50 ft Woman if I could find a print.

We're searching for a title perfect for the Tiki Theme too. I own a print of Frankenstein Island starring Michael Carradine, it does have a bit of that tropics vibe and it's known as the film "with the most poorly presented Frankenstein monster ever".

Jeff, I'll run plenty of XL's, 2XL's, 3XL's and even some 4X, in both designs. We'll have the 50th Anniversary from the last event, plus this year's Tiki-Invasion design as well as Atlanta's Drive-Invasion '07 t-shirt.

The gears are really starting to roll and we're all going nuts with excitement!

Send me more movie ideas! These are great!

tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-05 1:52 pm   Permalink

I vote for some Hawaii Five-O and the Brady Bunch Hawaii trilogy somewhere in the mix...

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-05 2:45 pm   Permalink

I cant tell you how many times I hopped the fence at the Picwick drive in Theatre in Burbank to see American Graffitti and Smokey and the Bandit . Can we just hop the fence at your event or do we have to pay ?

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-05 3:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-05 14:45, TIKI-RAY wrote:
I cant tell you how many times I hopped the fence at the Picwick drive in Theatre in Burbank to see American Graffitti and Smokey and the Bandit . Can we just hop the fence at your event or do we have to pay ?

It's no doubt the Pavilions now right ?

http://www.jbhs1967.com/burbanktheaters.htm

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-05 3:48 pm   Permalink

I vote "Blue Hawaii"

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-05 3:55 pm   Permalink

"Bullitt"

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation