FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
Swangulo Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-04 4:25 pm   Permalink

This was a super event. I'm glad we went.
Don't know how many of you I may have met in person, but we met and chatted with a lot of great people. Mike will have to cast his butt off all week so we have enough stuff to take to Palm Springs next weekend - we actually sold out a couple of items and depleted a lot of our stock.
And of course it was cool to see (well, more like hear since I couldn't go too far from our booth) The Ghastly Ones, Agent Orange, Martini Kings, and all the other bands. Hope Mission Tiki will do the Tiki Invasion event again next year.
Terra
(Also another huge MAHALO to Bosko and The Guy In The White Shirt for preventing our canopy from flying away, and to Tiki Diablo Stephanie for helping me deal with the aftermath.)

View Profile of Swangulo Tikis Send a personal message to Swangulo Tikis  Goto the website of Swangulo Tikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 07:41 am   Permalink

Tiki invasion was good times! Did you see that booth selling the stilettos with handcuffs for heels? Tikiyaki, Martini Kings, Crazy Al, Hot Rods, Burlesque, Go-Go dancers, booze (i had my own cooler stocked) Bosko, and the carvings at the shady lanai were unreal, they did that place up right. Good combo of greasers and tiki geeks. (im in the geeky category just like you pal) Aloha Nui Loa

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-05 08:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-05 07:41, Mongoloid wrote:
Tiki invasion was good times! Did you see that booth selling the stilettos with handcuffs for heels? Tikiyaki, Martini Kings, Crazy Al, Hot Rods, Burlesque, Go-Go dancers, booze (i had my own cooler stocked) Bosko, and the carvings at the shady lanai were unreal, they did that place up right. Good combo of greasers and tiki geeks. (im in the geeky category just like you pal) Aloha Nui Loa

Oy Vey, the girls in that booth....How do we get them to more Tiki Events ?

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-05 08:58 am   Permalink

By the Way....

Thanx Vid for a great event.

We had a great time at the Tiki Invasion.

Tiki Diablo....FANTASTIC work you've done on the place....We took lots of photos of the Orchestra in front of your work....

Great Stuff.

I think we may have lured a few Hot Rodder/Rockabilly cats over to the dark side of Exotica.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 09:23 am   Permalink

one word...

Di-Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..Blo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is a 'Blow' reference in there some where, but the only blowing this guy does is 'Blowing away the Competition!! Three some odd years and the place is f'n Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great work for future Urban Archaeologists!! to discover.

Hot fun once again...Great Time!
Front Row again! for the exotica stage!!!
A.Orange and D.R.2000!!... pur'tie damn good

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-05 09:59 am   Permalink

C' Al....nice bird calls, and coconut playin'.

Be sure to jump again at the next gig (Yes, that includes Hukilau!)

catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 11:03 am   Permalink

Had a awesome time and next year will be better prepared. We got there too early (9:30am, I thought it started at 10!!!), and we had to leave at 3 for a family thing. Next year we will stay for the whole thing since we hated having to leave!

I took a few pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catmomma/sets/72157604894248910/

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spycygrl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-05 11:07 am   Permalink

Will have to post our photos later...we're still recovering from too much tiki! This being our first year at the Invasion, we were WOEFULLY unprepared. Now we know to bring our party tent and chairs and a MUCH BIGGER ICECHEST as well as a Smokey Joe (is BBQing allowed?).

We had a truly great time, tho and the bands were awesome. Seeing Unknown Hinson and Agent Orange were both a real treat and Boyfriend and I are pretty sure that, if we ever get married (hint hint), we want the Tikiyaki Orchestra to be our wedding band.

View Profile of spycygrl Send a personal message to spycygrl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-05 2:38 pm   Permalink

LOL...MY whole (rock n' roll)life, I've always thought that being in a wedding band would be the equivalent of dying and going to Musician Hell...But with this band, I have a totally different perspective....

But....Tiki Weddings...bring it on !!!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 2:47 pm   Permalink

wow what a day,
I remember the first 2 hours and the last 4.
but where did 2 pm to 6 pm go?

tikiyaki was even better than at the tiki farm event.

I heard Ghastly Ones, and Deke Dickerson, but unfortunately.
I could not stand to watch them.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 2:48 pm   Permalink

by the way I was really disappointed that alot of the old time TC people were not there.
not a snooty enough of an event?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 3:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-05 14:47, bigtikidude wrote:
wow what a day,
I remember the first 2 hours and the last 4.
but where did 2 pm to 6 pm go?

tikiyaki was even better than at the tiki farm event.

I heard Ghastly Ones, and Deke Dickerson, but unfortunately.
I could not stand to watch them.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

You mean you had something other than soda in your plastic Mission Tiki mug? And under the watchful eye of the Montclair Police too

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-05 3:50 pm   Permalink

The bigger the tiki (dude), the harder the tiki fall .

spycygrl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-05 5:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-05 14:38, tikiyaki wrote:
LOL...MY whole (rock n' roll)life, I've always thought that being in a wedding band would be the equivalent of dying and going to Musician Hell...But with this band, I have a totally different perspective....

But....Tiki Weddings...bring it on !!!

yeah, I didn't want to necessarily relegate you guys to that...and just so you know, it wouldn't be a standard affair (neither Boyfriend nor I are the "big white wedding" sort). It was your rendition of "Sleepwalk" that sent us over the threshold (so to speak), since it's the song I've always wanted as my "first dance."

We both looked at each other and said "Tikiyaki Orchestra as our band, yes!"
We promise that, if it ever happens, it will be a kickass affair (and the band will be supplied with much drinkage).

View Profile of spycygrl Send a personal message to spycygrl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-05 10:33 pm   Permalink

The Tikiyaki Orchestra : Available for Weddings, Bar Mitzvahs and retirement parties....

photo by Marie King

Leisure World, here we come !

Confuscious say "Man who run in front of car, get tired"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation