FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-07 10:10 pm   Permalink

Great job AGAIN 'Vid. Tiki Invasion II was even better than the first!

And Tiki Diablo, Danny my man, phenomenal job with the Drive In decor!

And that scene in Zombie with the splinter in the eye was AWESOME! The topless scuba diving was all right too.

Just pulling in-

Here's where we set up-

Tiki Diablo's coupe, my sedan, our friends Mandy and Chris's '62 Fairlane, and the Tiki Ray mobile-

The Model A's-

Hilary and I at the snack shop in front of a couple Tiki Diablo carvings-

The ladies-

Screwing around-

The guys-

Hilary and Mandy with the King-

The Del Reys-

Deke Dickerson, one of my all time favorite entertainers!

Dance Wally Dance!

Unknown Hinson-

Amazing work by Tiki Diablo!

Cool '59 Buick-

Almost show time!

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
morbidboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-07 10:45 pm   Permalink

Man, Tiki Invasion II was awesome! There was alot of cars and it was fun to take part in judging. I was very surprised to win Best Classic Car.

Does anyone else know which cars won:
Best Engine
Best Interior
Best Tiki Themed car
Best Hot Rod
Best car to take to the Drive-in

The one won Best in Show:

Really nice. Here's some more pics:

This was one of my favs:

Oh and then there was Bonnie:

Going...

GOING...

GONE!

I got tons more pics at:
www.myspace.com/morbidboy

View Profile of morbidboy Send a personal message to morbidboy  Email morbidboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-08 6:45 pm   Permalink

>Does anyone else know which cars won:
>Best Engine
>Best Interior
>Best Tiki Themed car
>Best Hot Rod
>Best car to take to the Drive-in

Sure do!

Best Tiki Themed was that crazy Van, just awesome. A Luau on wheels!

Best engine is that black 3 window coupe in your photos above (with the Clay Smith cigar smoking woodpecker/thrush decal on the rocker panel).

Best Interior was a black Plymouth with a sparkle blue roof. had a white interior and blue piping on the seats.

Best car to take to the drive-in is that big satin yellow merc in your photos above (the one with bondo on the grille area). I am confused why this car won such an honor since it had a ratty, cramped interior and NO BACK SEAT!! LOL Ah well!

Best Traditional Hot Rod was that wonderful purple coupe with white stripes and lime green accents.

Last but certainly not least, after further review votes have been recalculated and Best of Show now goes unanimously to Bonnie Delight!!!! Wowwee!!! hahahahahahahaha

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Uncle Laffo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-10 12:41 am   Permalink

Alas, no Corndogs. There would be too many folks who would say they "Weren't Tiki enough." Even the Bananas Foster Corndog. It's also kinda hard to check "Pallookaville One" as carry on baggage.

This would have won "Best in Show."
Laffo

View Profile of Uncle Laffo Send a personal message to Uncle Laffo  Goto the website of Uncle Laffo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-10 01:19 am   Permalink

I get hungry just looking at Palookaville. Maybe we can construct a tiki themed corndog wagon for for the next Tiki-Invasion... call them Tohunga Dogs or something?!

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikigoob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-10 10:57 am   Permalink

Someone should come up with a tiki mold/waffle iron type device for Laffo to make tiki shaped corndogs for Palookaville @ Mission Tiki...
Jet Powers we need a top secret covert operation to airlift Palookaville I to California for the next Tiki Invasion....

View Profile of Tikigoob Send a personal message to Tikigoob  Email Tikigoob Goto the website of Tikigoob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-10 12:16 pm   Permalink

LOL! We should make that happen. How can we **BEGIN** to have an event without a good corndog?!?!?! Maybe Moai shaped corndogs? Perhaps a corndog with a hula skirt and a tiny drink umbrella stuck in it? Maybe a rum based batter mixed with fresh coconut/pineapple/mango puree'?

Speaking of coconut and pineapple, next year I think we should have tropical flavored jello shoooters, a stealth mode to get our drink on and not worry about open containers.

Right now I'm still so exhausted that those two simple words "next year" don't even register in my brain, LOL

Coming up FAST we've got these other GREAT drive-in events happening:
Rock n' Roll Monster Bash at the Starlight in Atlanta June 1st
Drive-Invasion '08 at the Starlight on August 30 & 31
MONSTERAMA on Sunday October 26th at Mission Tiki

tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-10 5:19 pm   Permalink

Vid...you got a great place there, I Love it !

Any chances of you building a big ole Tiki restaurant on the premises, like the Kahiki or Mai Kai ? Ha, I know,, wishful thinking...it's just that you have so much space, and the Tiki-ness is already in place....

That'd be neat !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-10 6:10 pm   Permalink

We have toyed with the idea to make the Sailwell Tire building into a tiki themed restaurant and bar, that building is on the MTDI property but to the right of the box office 'huts' as you pull into the driveway (corner of State and Ramona). It's an old tire store but it already has the weathered tin roof and funky design that would make for an easy Tiki restuarnat transformation. When his lease is up we'll have to make a decision about that!

Meanwhile enjoy the top quality food and snacks from our snack bar!

Uncle Laffo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-10 7:56 pm   Permalink

California can't handle my Corndogs. I'd have to have a Defibrillator on the side of the Wagon. I think there's only a two block radius around Pink's that would get the Pallookaville. Next year I'm just gunna give myself Rum Enemas in the RV. How's that for an open container? Bet they wouldn't ask me to pour THAT out.
Laffo

View Profile of Uncle Laffo Send a personal message to Uncle Laffo  Goto the website of Uncle Laffo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
morbidboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-10 11:14 pm   Permalink

anyone catch the name or website of the booth with the wacky rockabilly girly high heels with brass knuckles?

View Profile of morbidboy Send a personal message to morbidboy  Email morbidboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-12 12:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-10 23:14, morbidboy wrote:
anyone catch the name or website of the booth with the wacky rockabilly girly high heels with brass knuckles?

I think they were called Switchblade Stilettos.

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 2:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-12 12:19, Tiki Kiniki wrote:
Quote:

Why don't you just look at the receipt from that pair you bought

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-16 07:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-15 14:18, Daves Not Home wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-05-12 12:19, Tiki Kiniki wrote:
Quote:

Why don't you just look at the receipt from that pair you bought

OMG you're right but I left the gift receipt in the bag when I gave them to you! Be a dear and look it up for me!

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-16 08:20 am   Permalink

Here Tiki Kiniki, in case Dave tossed it out.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation