FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-08 10:08 am   Permalink

"Creatrue from the Black Lagoon", "It Came From Outersapce", "Forbidden Planet", "Faster Pussycat Kill, Kill" and more recently "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra"

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-08 11:26 am   Permalink

X-ept for the last one, those are all such B-movie standard, been-there/seen-that fare. Or is the idea that the shows are supposed to have a Rocky Horror-type repetition appeal?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-08 12:52 pm   Permalink

I think I can get Creature from the Black Lagoon in the 3D version. I also have a large box full of 3d glasses back in Atlanta. How cool would that be?

I just did an inventory of my catalog of tiki/island related movie trailers. I have a bunch! Also lots of car and '60's pop culture stuff. Should be a great trailer show even if we all can't agree on the movies, hahahahha

And YES, I do have a very rare Bugs Bunny cartoon, among many others. Cartoons are fun but really I can only show one per night or people get bored with them. The trailers are better because they are short and keep the program moving along.

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-08 1:05 pm   Permalink

Bugs Bunny..? Shay, old chum, how about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wackiki_Wabbit

Trailers are certainly always fun, they are short and shlocky in their hard sell delivery.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-08 7:37 pm   Permalink

Creature from the Black Lagoon would be a solid classic to screen at the drive in. The fact that it would be in 3D just makes it all the better. Great choice!

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-08 10:53 pm   Permalink

Creature in 3D is AWESOME!
I saw the Red/Blue Anaglyph version years ago and remember it being the ONLY non-polarised 3D movie that ever worked for me. The underwater photography has such gorgeous depth to it. My only worry is that the Drive-In projector's bulb might not be bright enough to handle the long throw of light to the screen and make it through the red/blue filters on the glasses. 'Vid's a pro, tho. He'll make it work out right!

Hey, how 'bout a 3D nite? Bwana Devil might fit in good...

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 2:06 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: 'Vid 2008-02-11 19:18 ]

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-12 11:15 am   Permalink

i may have to break out my 55 chevy for this one!
tony
the martini kings

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-12 6:27 pm   Permalink

"Now remember guys, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge! No, not a musical bridge, we're headed for a low BRIDGE!! So everybody DUCK and let's take it at the coda. And a one and a two...

I'm thinking the radio on the dashboard must be very intimidated by the sound.

Bring that hot set of wheels and I'll buy the gas! Very cool ride, and the cargo is priceless!

'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-12 8:41 pm   Permalink

Here's what many of us have been waiting for!

Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-12 8:59 pm   Permalink

WOW!!
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-13 08:56 am   Permalink

attaaaaack!!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-14 5:03 pm   Permalink

VENDORS! BANDS! ARTISTS! PROMOTERS! EVENT COORDINATORS!

This year we will have a fabulous TIKI-INVASION II EVENT GUIDE, chock full of TIKI-INVASION II info including band bios, movie descriptions, Mission Tiki Drive-In info plus much more.

This printed publication is about the size of an LA Weekly or Village Voice. The print will be black and white with red spot.

Of course, there will be lots of room for advertising. Do you have a product, service, band or event to promote? Perhaps a public announcement like "Sweetheart, Will You Marry Me?" or "Happy 39th Birthday - Again!" Maybe even a hot rod, motorcycle, guitar or tiki bar for sale? Here's a great chance to run a super good looking ad that will be seen by thousands for an ULTRA affordable price!

How affordable is affordable you ask? How's $50 for a FULL PAGE ad and $25 for a half pager? That's incredibly affordable, in fact you almost can't afford NOT to take advantage of these low rates!

For advertising info, please contact our publisher Jason Lonon at Deathray Design, his e-mail is (I'll spell this out so he doesn't get spammed) "jason_lonon at earthlink dot net" (remember the underscore between his first and last name) or simply google deathray design to find his myspace webpage. Be sure to put "Tiki-Invasion II" in the subject line when you correspond.

Jason did our Drive-Invasion '07 Event Guide (Atlanta) and it was totally rockin'! The ad rates are dirt cheap and the product is fantastic, you will be very pleased. Not to mention the guy works nearly around the clock and is a DREAM to work with. He can use your existing artwork or help design your ad from scratch.

Some of you may know Jason as the drummer for The Tremors, an awesome rockabilly trio from North Carolina. Good stuff!

Give Jason a shout and get your ad space reserved TODAY. Hurry, it'll sell out fast!

martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-15 9:32 pm   Permalink

can i suggest the b- movie pagan island which features the martini kings?

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-19 1:41 pm   Permalink

This just in!

We'll have Miss Bonnie Delight's Burlesque Revue in between sets of the bands.

Also keep a lookout for The Lonesome Spurs on the Shady Lanai!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation