FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 7:18 pm   Permalink

Attention Vendors, promoters, advertisers!

Our TIKI-INVASION II EVENT GUIDE is filling up fast! If you're interested in placing an ad, please e-mail "jason_lonon at earth link dot net" about reserving your ad.

Again, this is a GREAT looking guide and the rates are dirt cheap!

$25 half page,

$50 full page. Just $50 bucks for a full page!

Thanks and we'll keep you posted on further updates.

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-29 10:42 am   Permalink

TIKI-INVASION is BACK, better than ever! And it's heating up with another musical addition to an already AMAZING lineup! It's the sonic mayhem of surf punk band AGENT ORANGE!!

Tiki-Invasion II, the WiLdEsT TIKI-INVASION YET!

RoCk and SwAy to these incredible BANDS all day long!

AGENT ORANGE

UNKNOWN HINSON

DEKE DICKERSON

THE WOGGLES

THE GHASTLY ONES

THE DEL REYS

~plus!~

THE MARTINI KINGS

THE LONESOME SPURS

THE TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA

on the Shady Lanai!

With visits between sets from:
MISS BONNIE DELIGHT'S BURLESQUE REVUE and
KING KUKULELE!

HOT ROD CAR SHOW ALL DAY!
A massive celebration of vintage rides! Come check out these sweet rides from traditional hot rods and rat rods to muscle cars and ultra clean classics!
Wanna show off your baby in our show? It's EASY - Pre '68 cars only (that's '67 and earlier, duh!), come enjoy the event and show off your vintage wheels! Driver and occupants must purchase their ticket at regular rates, then just park your vehicle in the CAR SHOW lot and receive a special goody bag stuffed to the gills with cool snack bar freebies and tiki-invasion fun! All with your pre '68 entry!

WHEN THE BANDS ARE DONE ROCKIN', WE'LL START ROLLING THREE (3!!) VINTAGE "B" and CULT CLASSIC MOVIES on one of our GIANT DRIVE-IN SCREENS AT DARK! We'll feature SwInGiN', ScReAmInG, SCI-FI-RIFFIC vintage movies with loads of VINTAGE MOVIE TRAILERS, RETRO CARTOONS AND SNACK BAR SNIPPETS! (movies to be announced soon!)

SHOP 'til YOU DROP!
Shop the hippest vendor booths and score the cOoLeSt merch! Clothing, jewelery, tiki, hip and monster artwork, posters, vinyl and much MUCH more! (Vendors! We still have space available, please reply if you are interested!)

Gates at NOON, 1st band at 1:00pm, movies at DARK!
Tix: $22 adults, $5 for kids 12 and under, tots under 3 are FREE. Purchase your tickets cash at the gate or visit
http://www.ticketalternative.com soon!

[ This Message was edited by: 'Vid 2008-02-29 13:50 ]

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-04 9:15 pm   Permalink

More TIKI-INVASION II news!

We're thrilled to announce that Official "INVASION" emcee JET POWERS will be hosting the show. Jet was the emcee at the very first DRIVE-INVASION in Atlanta waaaaay back in 1999, he's emceed every DRIVE-INVASION since then. Now we've got him back on our coast for TIKI-INVASION II.

VENDORS! The VENDOR APPS are ready and downloadable at myspace.com/missiontiki. Give it another day and they'll be on missiontiki.com and tikiinvasion.com when that webmaster can catch up with his TIKI-INVASION workload. A vendor space is just $75 for the day! Come have fun and make a ton of money too!

The final band in the lineup has been confirmed... THE BURMESE CRUSH is on board and ready to rip it up! Featuring members of The Forty Fives, Hi-Test and The Woggles, this is one band guaranteed to get the event into overdrive!

'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-05 8:44 pm   Permalink

Great news!

www.tikiinvasion.com is live and looks great!

Vendor apps are available at tikiinvasion.com or myspace.com/missiontiki

Also, www.ticketalternative.com went live selling TI2 tickets. Get your tickets today!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-05 10:52 pm   Permalink

Can't wait for this.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-06 09:17 am   Permalink

Do cars need to be registered for the show or do I just show up? What time to you start setting up the car show? I will be driving up from San Diego. PM me info about the car show stuff if you have a flyer, etc

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-03-06 10:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-05 20:44, 'Vid wrote:
Great news!

http://www.tikiinvasion.com is live and looks great!

Vendor apps are available at tikiinvasion.com or myspace.com/missiontiki

Also, http://www.ticketalternative.com went live selling TI2 tickets. Get your tickets today!

Nabbing Agent Orange is great! But why no mention of them on the web page? Are they not a for sure thing yet or did they not want to be listed? Or is it because you're afraid the local law enforcement will see it and show up mistakenly thinking there's going to be a punk rock melee??

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-07 1:52 pm   Permalink

LOL...

The reason they are not listed is much simpler and a lot less wacky than that.

The web guy used an early rough draft lineup for the initial website setup.

Agent Orange will be listed soon along with Atlanta's fabulous The Burmese Crush.

Also being added to the webpage will be the always charming King Kukulele, Miss Bonnie Delight's Burlesque Revue, and official INVASION emcee Jet Powers.

Police showing up for a "punk rock melee"? You must be joking, or living in 1975. At least one of those guys in that band is over 50. "One Adam 12, One Adam 12, reports of a surf punk band playing up-tempo music at an outdoor festival, use caution as at least one member reported to be taking Centrum Silver with antioxidants plus Ginko for improved memory, backup being dispatched immediately..." hahahhaha

Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-03-07 4:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-07 13:52, 'Vid wrote:
...Police showing up for a "punk rock melee"? You must be joking, or living in 1975. At least one of those guys in that band is over 50. "One Adam 12, One Adam 12, reports of a surf punk band playing up-tempo music at an outdoor festival, use caution as at least one member reported to be taking Centrum Silver with antioxidants plus Ginko for improved memory, backup being dispatched immediately..." hahahhaha

Or maybe I'm living in 2005...

Somewhere on this poster is Agent Orange (God bless 'em).

Remember, it's not the aging artist on stage that the police are worried about, it's the whacked out kids spilling out of the mosh pit.

Nevertheless, Tiki Invasion II looks to be great and I'm looking forward. Now where did I put my Doc Martens...

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-08 12:20 pm   Permalink

Actually I am living in 1975 and quite happy doing so, LOL

Should be a very exciting show!

'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-15 9:12 pm   Permalink

Movie update!

One of the three TIKI-INVASION films have been confirmed...

DEATH RACE 2000! (1975)

Starring
David Carradine as Frankenstein
Mary Woronov as Calamity Jane
Simone Griffeth as Annie Smith
Sylvester Stallone as Machine Gun Joe Viterbo

The two other titles will be confirmed shortly!
Meanwhile please visit
http://www.tikiinvasion.com for the latest info!

[ This Message was edited by: 'Vid 2008-03-15 21:14 ]

Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-16 12:45 pm   Permalink

Great lineup again 'Vid!! Any plans for an event mug?

I am a huge fan of Deke Dickerson so that was a great addition! (I even brought a bunch of Deke fans to your Saddle Sore Saloon show a few weeks back). And I still have Agent Orange's This Is the Voice on cassette (and also on the ipod)! And the Ghastly Ones and the Martini Kings and King Kukulele again, and now the Del Reys! Great live music, cool tiki vendors, cool movies at the drive-in full of classic cars, your show has become an instant Must Attend event for us and our friends!

I assume since Franco lives in Texas now he won't be able to help with the car show? Do you have that part under control? It seemed pretty straight foward at the first one but if you do need any extra help let me know. I don't know if you remember this but I am the guy who helped the guy (from Atlanta I think?) put up the mister tent.

We will be bringing out more cars this year and we are really looking forward to it!! Gotta bring more sunscreen this year though...and a canopy.

Here's me in '06, looking rather content, with my then primered Model A behind me-

tiki/johnpapasan-1.jpg" BORDER="0">

Do we need a Tiki Central member traditional hot rod display area...eh Danny?

[ This Message was edited by: Aloha John 2008-03-16 12:52 ]

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-16 3:52 pm   Permalink

More great news, I have confirmed ALL THREE films.

DEATH RACE 2000 (see post above), ZOMBIE, and INVASION OF THE BEE GIRLS!

ZOMBIE (1979, Dir. Lucio Fulci) Strangers looking for a woman's father arrive at a tropical island where a doctor desperately searches for the cause and cure of a recent epidemic of the undead.

http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//title/tt0080057/trailers-screenplay-E19476-310

From IMDb:
Now this is how a zombie film should be made! Whilst Lucio Fuci never had the creative genius of Dario Argento in Profondo Rosso, Tenebrae and Suspiria, he certainly knew how to make a good old fashioned zombie/gore movie. In Zombi 2 or Zombie Flesh Eaters (what a title!) as it was known in the UK, a ship drifts into New York with a very large, hungry zombie on board. This leads to two investigative journalists, including gore stalwart Ian McCulloch, with two holiday makers going to the Island of Matul. After meeting a shark wrestling zombie en route, they arrive at Matul where things are not going well. The hospital run by Dr. Menard has turned into a morgue where daily zombie killing has become the routine. Things go from bad to worse as the zombies grow in number and various dismemberment, eye gouging, jugular bites etc ensue. What makes this film so good are various factors. Apart from being one of the first gore films I ever saw, it has no social commentary or hidden meaning and does not try to be a comedy (although some may argue with this). It is a good, honest gore film. The special effects are nice and gruesome, with fantastic zombie make up, great zombie attacks and loads of maggots and worms. The crazy underwater battle between zombie and shark is totally original and not surprisingly has never been tried since. The infamous eye scene whilst a bit creaky still makes the viewer cringe. The acting and dubbing are dodgy but don't detract from the zombie mayhem, the music is great with calypso music to greet the heroes and throbbing effects to welcome the zombies. I cannot recommend this highly enough for good old fashioned zombie related thrills. Also look out for The Beyond and City of the Living Dead in a similar vein.

INVASION OF THE BEE GIRLS (1973, Dir. Denis Sanders) A powerful cosmic force is turning Earth women into queen bees who kill men by wearing them out sexually.

From IMDb:
In the small town of Peckham, California, many men die for excessive effort during sexual intercourse. When a scientist from the Brandt research laboratory is found dead in a motel, the government sends Agent Neil Agar (William Smith) to investigate the mysterious deaths. He suspects that the deaths may be related to some experiments of Dr. Susan Harris (Anitra Ford), who is researching bees in the Brandt facility.

"Invasion of the Bee Girls" is a delightful and enjoyable B-movie. The dark cinematography is awful with very bad lighting and horrible direction; the flawed screenplay and dialogs are silly and very funny; most of the actors and actresses are ham, with terrible acting and ridiculous dialogs (when one of the guys, referring to his friend that has just died in a motel, says to his colleagues in the bar "- Imagine, coming and going at the same time", I laughed a lot) ; there are many beautiful naked women, free nudity with lots of breasts and hilarious scenes, like, for example, the unique shot of the hero along the whole story is in a lever of a computer that provokes fire and lethal smoke everywhere in the room where the bee girls are gathered together. The actresses undress practically in every scene, without any motive, being a film of soft sexploitation. If you like trash-movies and beautiful nude women, see this flick. My vote is five.

'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-18 4:11 pm   Permalink

Vendors and promoters please take note! We still have room for vendors in the vending midway at Tiki-Invasion PLUS we still have a few pages left in our Tiki-Invasion Event Guide!

Vendor spaces are just $75 for the day. Enjoy a day at one of the most incredible drive-in theatre events in the world and make a few bucks while you're at it!

Event Guide ads are only $25 for a half page and $50 for a full page. This event guide will be distributed to all event patrons plus thousands of drive-in movie goers for days after the event!

Vendor apps are available at tikiinvasion.com

Event guide ads can be placed with Jason at
jason_lonon@earthlink.net

Hurry, deadline is closing in for both opportunities!

Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-19 12:16 am   Permalink

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation