FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki TRADER VIC's Warehouse Sale
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
TRADER VIC's Warehouse Sale
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 4:08 pm   Permalink

Aloha TC Ohana,

The folks at Trader Vic's asked me to pass along some exciting news...

We are happy to offer you a once in a lifetime opportunity to get your hands on all different types of Trader Vic's merchandise & memorabilla, both old & new. Due to the fact that we've got so much overstock and so many different items, there is no way that we can list them all here. Please, DO NOT call us asking specific questions because we are overwhelmed trying to get our new warehouse in-order. We are clearing out this merchandise for some much needed added space. We promise you that there are many great finds and this opportunity should not be missed. Here are some photos of just some of the merchandise being sold...

When: February 23rd - 29th, 10am - 7pm everyday
Where: 623 South 32nd St., Richmond, CA

We hope to see you there!

Your friends at Trader Vic's

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 4:17 pm   Permalink

Sheez. Not feeling so good living on the east coast right now. Go get 'em gang. Looks like there's plently of great stuff there.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 4:25 pm   Permalink

The PNG stuff looks OK....the floats and fish traps might be the most authentic vintage stuff....because most of the Tikis look of Asian origin to me. And you know what I think of the "Poly-Asian" style.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 4:26 pm   Permalink

I think I'm gonna hurl. Them Californians get all the breaks.....

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 4:56 pm   Permalink

Said it a million times before....Cali and the west coast in general are way more on top of the Tiki vibe than what we have here in the East. We can't even get Trader Vic's retail products out here. Well...have fun guys, I'm sure everyone will find SOMETHING in there. If they by chance they have ANYTHING at all from the former New York Trader Vic's locations (The Plaza Hotel and Savoy Hilton Hotel), and you think of it, please let me know. I'd be interested in seeing/knowing what it is. Preferably anything that has the locations printed on it. A Tiki mug in that form would be ideal. Thanks dudes and dudettes.

[ This Message was edited by: donhonyc 2008-02-01 16:57 ]

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 5:11 pm   Permalink

Yipeee!!!! Finally a great sale of stuff near home! I'm SO there on the 24th!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Von Zombie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-01 5:23 pm   Permalink

I'm all in!

View Profile of Dr. Von Zombie Send a personal message to Dr. Von Zombie  Email Dr. Von Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 5:26 pm   Permalink

I wish they would put it in Trader vics resturaunts, (aka a New BH site)
not sell the stuff...

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 6:46 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 7:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-01 17:26, bigtikidude wrote:
I wish they would put it in Trader vics restaurants, not sell the stuff...

GOOD point, Jeff!

Quote:

On 2008-02-01 16:56, donhonyc wrote:
....If they by chance they have ANYTHING at all from the former New York Trader Vic's locations (The Plaza Hotel and Savoy Hilton Hotel), and you think of it, please let me know.

To make our East coast Ohana a little less sad: This is not THE Trader Vic's warehouse, like some legendary ivory elephant graveyard. Such a thing does not exist anymore.

Sometime in the 1980s when more and more T.V. locations were closing and none were opening, they stopped taking back the decor and just let it go. Ask what happened to the Washington Trader Vic's for example: The giant Barney West Moai were cut up for fire wood, and most of the interiors were thrown into the trash (x-ept some salvaged by Tikiphiles hip to the closing).
When I surveyed the original Trader Vic warehouse in Oakland in the early 90s, it was a very sad affair, except for some paper, there was nothing in there worthy to speak of. I had heard glorious stories of Tiki treasures from Leroy and Bob at O.A., but those days were over, I was too late. Eventually it was closed completely.

Now flash forward to the Tiki revival, post 2000: T.V.'s started getting requests for franchises again, and had to come up with decor. So a lucky Asia furniture importer got the commission not only to supply them with Tiki carvings (from his carving sources in Asia), but also started storing anything that came back from terminated T.V. locations. I got to visit that warehouse, too. It was full of Buddha statues and rattan and black lacquer Asian antique imitations, and in one room, there were a couple of rows of Vic's decor. There actually were some original old big headed Marquesans like they still stand in Munich, but they were already earmarked for the San Francisco opening (did they ever end up there?).
I do not know if this warehouse now is still the same or not, but A.) Do not expect too much genuinely vintage in there, and B.) prepare for hefty prices.

That's all, Mr Pragmatic has spoken.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-02-01 19:19 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-02 4:47 pm   Permalink

awesome stuff!! you west coasters got a shot at some cool stuff......and you better take it, cause after seeing those pics, i better not see any west coast faces at the auction for the aku tiki stuff in kewanee, ill this summer.....this is an opportunity for the midwest ohana !!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-02 6:46 pm   Permalink

You know, I didn't look at the tikis all that carefully when I first saw the post, but now that you mention it, most of them are of the Asian variety. There is plenty of other good stuff there in those pics though. But I'm feeling a little better now about not being close enough to take part in the sale.

Although we've heard it many times before, the thought of Barney West's being cut up into firewood is going to give me nightmares...

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
icebaer69
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-03 02:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-01 16:08, MakeDaMug wrote:
... Trader Vic's merchandise & memorabilla, both old & new.
Due to the fact that we've got so much overstock ...

are these guys crazy ??

"...we've got so much overstock ..." -
they better put this stuff in places like tradervicslasvegas !!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of icebaer69 Send a personal message to icebaer69      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-04 11:58 am   Permalink

Yeah, I agree

Are you listening Doc Weiner? WTF up out there in Vegas. Buy some of these items and make your place look like a Trader Vic's.
Good drinks and food isn't going to cut it and I don't want to wear my VR glasses next time!

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-04 12:17 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting this, Holden. I have a feeling I might only be able to afford something like a used napkin or a tablecloth authentically stained with rib sauce. We will see...

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation