FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki TRADER VIC's Warehouse Sale
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
TRADER VIC's Warehouse Sale
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-04 9:59 pm   Permalink

Wow, thanks for the link Martin. Tiki Central gets a mention in the NY Times... Props!
I think this sale will will go down in history and be spoken of with mythic reverence for generations.

On a similar note, does anyone have any pics of the D.C. Trader Vic's? It closed in '95 but when did it open?

Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-04 10:05 pm   Permalink

The sale, which ended Friday, was mysteriously advertised only on a Web site called Tiki Central,
--------------------------------

Oh Shit!

I better watch my P's and Q's!

New York Times???

Hey Martin!!?

Thanks for the " insane" quote!

lol!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-03-05 12:58 am   Permalink

Congratulations to everyone who was able to get some cool stuff for their respective tiki rooms. And thanks is due to Trader Vics too, for opening their doors to a select group of tiki fans.

Not only do I live on the wrong coast, but I was on vacation in India, placing myself almost halfway around the world from the Trader Vics Warehouse Sale when it was happening .... ouch!

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TVWarehousegirls
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-14 4:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha TC Ohana!
Due to an overwhelming response created by the New York Times article, we have decided to open our doors for those that missed out the first time. We received many requests from people that are not affiliated with Tiki Central so we are continuing the sale for two days only at the end of March. We, of course, wanted to let you know as well, in case any of you wanted to come back "one more time" or for those of you who didn't make it the first time.
March 28th and 29th 11am-5pm.
Mahalo!
Kier and Michelie

View Profile of TVWarehousegirls Send a personal message to TVWarehousegirls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-14 7:40 pm   Permalink

Thank you Mai Tai ~ for the hokua (help) picking out stuff for me ~ that's Ohana! and MAHALO to the TVWarehousegirls for packing n shipping my stuff!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-14 11:27 pm   Permalink

No problemo, dogBYTES! I hope you enjoy your schwag.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-15 09:16 am   Permalink

I can't help but wonder what Trader Vic's will do with all the stuff they don't sell at this sale? Keep it? Give it away? Dump it? Put it on eBay?

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 10:14 am   Permalink

We'll be there on the 29th and then heading to FI and TV Emeryville for drinks! Who else is going?

[ This Message was edited by: TikiHula 2008-03-20 10:16 ]

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 12:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-20 10:14, TikiHula wrote:
We'll be there on the 29th and then heading to FI and TV Emeryville for drinks! Who else is going?

Hmmm... that sounds like a right fine idea. All depends on whether I "work from home" that day or not.
What time you thinking of hitting FI and TVs?
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-21 08:01 am   Permalink

Not sure - I guess whenever we're done at the sale. We could give you a call...?

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-21 10:29 am   Permalink

Quick question - what methods of payment are they accepting at the sale?
~Rupe

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-21 11:52 am   Permalink

Here's what a few folks have told me on the funding -
Credit cards, checks and Cash!

Huzzah & Mahalo to all!
~Rupe

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-21 12:11 pm   Permalink

Nope, no cash.
Just kidding...
You are correct sir, Credit cards, Checks and the afore mentioned Cash were all acceptable forms of payment.
Aloha,

[ This Message was edited by: tiki royale 2008-03-21 21:52 ]

TVWarehousegirls
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-21 4:49 pm   Permalink

For those of you going to Emeryville TV after the sale, we have a little coupon that you can take with you. Remember to ask us for it!
Kier and Michelie

View Profile of TVWarehousegirls Send a personal message to TVWarehousegirls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bLOCKhEAD
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-22 12:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-14 16:33, TVWarehousegirls wrote:
Aloha TC Ohana!
Due to an overwhelming response created by the New York Times article, we have decided to open our doors for those that missed out the first time. We received many requests from people that are not affiliated with Tiki Central so we are continuing the sale for two days only at the end of March. We, of course, wanted to let you know as well, in case any of you wanted to come back "one more time" or for those of you who didn't make it the first time.
March 28th and 29th 11am-5pm.
Mahalo!
Kier and Michelie

Ouch! there goes the rest of my savings account, see ya saturday .

View Profile of bLOCKhEAD Send a personal message to bLOCKhEAD  Email bLOCKhEAD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation