FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki TRADER VIC's Warehouse Sale
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
TRADER VIC's Warehouse Sale
Pakalolo Man
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-23 1:15 pm   Permalink

thanks big bro- did not know that - interesting

View Profile of Pakalolo Man Send a personal message to Pakalolo Man      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bLOCKhEAD
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-23 1:51 pm   Permalink

Hi just got back from the sale, we spent more than we were planning to.They had or have heaps of stuff

Table and chairs are from the tonga room got them at a different sale

I'm going to mount the frosted glass in a frame and hang it in my tiki bar.

View Profile of bLOCKhEAD Send a personal message to bLOCKhEAD  Email bLOCKhEAD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 2:11 pm   Permalink

that frosted glass would look great if you built a lite box for it so it could be backlit with a red or orange lite....

nice finds....i hate you!! LOL

...my day of reckoning is coming soon....the aku tiki auction is right around the corner!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 3:29 pm   Permalink

Mai Tai and Gator Rob,

Thanks for the words...back for the time being.

IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL TIKI DAY TODAY! Totally unbelievable and all for sale!

Any questions?

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 3:41 pm   Permalink

Ah, nice score, PTD! Sad though to see he's been castrated.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 3:45 pm   Permalink

Alas, this is not mine, but a good friend whom joined me today. This is an amazing tiki and some may recognize this as a San Fransico TV tiki, formerly from TV Washington DC. Yes, all of these tikis have a pedigree. I will post my tiki pole (heh heh)and tiki after I clean and place them in their place of honor!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 3:49 pm   Permalink

Those two helpful ladies mentioned in a previous post were Kiara and Michelle, later a couple more reinforcments showed up, but yes, A Big Thank You to Kiara and Michelle. You were spread thin, but were gracious and attentive.

Thank you again!

PTD

GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 3:58 pm   Permalink

Ah yes, here he is (was) then at the SF Vic's:

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 4:10 pm   Permalink

so...what are prices like? I'm on the verge of jumping in the car for a quick 24 hour trip.

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 4:33 pm   Permalink

Wow, we had fun today. It was overwhelming... we'll probably go back tomorrow morning. Here's what we took home so far:

An Orchid Island Paddle from the Osaka Trader Vics
A Jade bladed axe
A float used in TV's restaurant as a lamp
2 small tapa cloths
1 large Mat aprox 5 x 6
A vintage mug and non vintage mug that match each other

Pix posted.

Three-legged dog purchased seperately... at 25% off..

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 4:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-23 16:10, spy-tiki wrote:
so...what are prices like? I'm on the verge of jumping in the car for a quick 24 hour trip.

Anywhere from $5.00 for a set of salt and pepper shakers to $10,000.00 for a twenty foot outrigger. Not cheap, but not unreasonable. Think of it as an opportunity to own a piece of history. Chances to buy stuff like this do not come along that often, if ever!

PTD

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 5:10 pm   Permalink

Holy moly! That WAS a warehouse full! Some of the posts looked pretty authentic! What were those going for? And were they selling any complete colored frosted glass float lamps?

I don't think PTD's pal's Marquesan ever HAD a shlong. Looks like he was carved mitout. Still a classic.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 6:48 pm   Permalink

I didn't price out the big tikis, simply because I have no room for one, but I did pick up a few nice things, and may go back tomorrow for more (I saw some menehune bowls to match the one I got from Holden). Here's what I got:
S&P set: $5
Helmut shell (that's what she wrote on the receipt) bowl: $20
4 mini Mai Tai glasses: $2 each
and a pale ocean blue frosted float with hole for light, approx 16" diameter: $60

Here's a pic of all but the float, which is still in the car because I didn't want to go back out in the rain to get it from the trunk.

and here's a pic of the mini mai tai glasses with a regular-sized one for comparison

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 7:59 pm   Permalink

Holy Crap Mookie, do you like in a Trader Vics?

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 8:43 pm   Permalink

It was an amazing sale! We had the very best time. The two ladies that were working the sale were the best! They obviously loved everything as much or more then the TC'ers.

We don't have any pictures to post because they are shipping everything back down to Santa Monica for us. We bought a super cool tiki from the Emeryville Trader Vics, a medium glass float, four menehune bowls and a ceramic abalone dish. It was incredible to be surrounded by so much beautiful history. We were surprised since before the sale there were so many negative posts. For us it felt like one of those once in a lifetime experiences.

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation