FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki TRADER VIC's Warehouse Sale
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
TRADER VIC's Warehouse Sale
bLOCKhEAD
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-24 5:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-24 15:35, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
While some of the items were a little pricey, albeit worth every dime, the majority of these poles on the wall were selling for $200.00 each. From what I have seen sold locally here in Sacramento and on Flea-bay, $200.00 is a bargain.

Blockhead, did they say when they were thinking about stopping the sale? I need to get down there for another pole!

Thanks,

PTD

No they did not . This was just my impression.

When I arrived this morning One of the girls there said wow you guys are back again. We stated talking about how crazy it was the day before. She then said she did not know how much longer the sale would go on.
I thought this was a bit odd cause they still have heaps of stuff. She then said she had not told other trader vic's franchises about the sale .I got the impression they may have want a crack at some this stuff; but she was vague about it.
I know their open tomorrow as I have to pick up my other tiki. I would think unless we hear different the sale is on till the 29th

View Profile of bLOCKhEAD Send a personal message to bLOCKhEAD  Email bLOCKhEAD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 5:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-24 16:33, JenTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-02-24 08:48, Bogielocks wrote:
If anybody is going to the sale today and they still have the menu poster prints, can someone get me one. Please! I'd like one to hang in my Tiki room, and being a pc version, it would be ok to have around when my kids come over.

PM me if anyone is able to get one, and we can work out something from there.

Mahalo

Rick

I got you covered Rick! I picked up a couple today. PM me your address and it will be on it's way sometime this week.

Jen,

Thank you sooo much!!! You've been PM'd

Mahalo

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 5:29 pm   Permalink

Well, I went back today and picked up "a few" more things:

- 2 menehune compotes (the white is glazed on these, not cold painted like the ones Holden had a year ago)
    - 4 more mini mai tai glasses
    - 4 christmas menehune dolls
    - 2 menu prints
    - 12 yards of fabric (at $5/yard I couldn't pass up some of each color)
    - 1 cool large striped zippered tote bag with Vic's logo on one side
    - some little booklets titled "Trader Vic's Island Recipes"
    - 1 5'x6' woven mat. Not as fancy as the one posted earlier in this thread, but a beautiful honey color.

I also took some pics.
Here's something I didn't expect to see:

Here we have an innocent-looking box of bamboo paneling:

until you read the little nautical symbol panels attached:

And just for you BigBro, a few long-dong tikis:

There's still lots of stuff, so if you're in the area, it's worth the trip!

[ This Message was edited by: JenTiki 2008-02-24 17:30 ]

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 5:55 pm   Permalink

boy i sure can't wait to pay double and triple for this stuff once some of it hits ebay!!!....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 6:09 pm   Permalink

I was already kicking myself for not buying a lot more stuff with just that in mind. Those menehune compotes are only $20 at the warehouse, Reyn Spooner shirts for $50, rum kegs $20. However, everything I bought, already has a designated home, either mine, or that of a friend or two. Someone else will just have to reap those profits.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 6:46 pm   Permalink

So here's what I brought home...

Previously mentioned Helmet Shell bowl. Rum Giggle, mmm.....

Bamboo Fish Trap. I think I'll be putting a light in it.

An this guy called me back today. 7ft Marquesan pole said to be from the D.C. location (BigBro?)

I think I'll call him "El Presidente". May take a couple inches off the top and bottom so he'll fit next to the bar.

In any case, like I and others have said, the staff at the sale was wonderful. I could have stayed all day just to chat with them. Mahalo!

If you can make it to the sale... DO, you won't be disappointed.

Jen, WOW, I didn't see the box of bamboo paneling. That was the wall-covering of the men's room from the SF location that just closed. A good number of the little nautical flag plaques had been pried off the wall by the end.

Aloha,

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Royale 2008-02-24 18:48 ]

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 6:53 pm   Permalink

I'm so envious of you guys - what a cool sale! Congrats on your purchases.

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 7:14 pm   Permalink

I came away with very little, only bought a couple of items. Nothing two grand. I wanted these colorful wooden birds, but some yahoos bought them before I had a chance.

This painting hung over the main room. It is large, very large, and quite striking.

The above painting many will recognize from San Francisco. The carving on the right many may not. It sat in the front area at Cosmo Place. It was a bargain, and was sold. Not terribly interesting compared to others but a rather historical piece nonetheless.

This young man drives a hard bargain and recognizes the finest in old Rader Vic's relics from the Big Apple. He got a deal.

Some day I will be part of the Illuminati, until then...
midnite-o

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-24 9:38 pm   Permalink

Sven, in response to your appraisal of the Ku Tiki shown. There seemed to be a handful of old Tikis mixed in there. Obviously all the stained black Tikis are brand new but that Ku and others seem to have been carved in Asian then weathered to appear old.

Also, I would take it with a grain of salt as to how the warehouse managers would know which Tikis are from where. In fact I would really like to know how they have documented this info and I will inquire once the sale mayhem has ended and the Vic's folks get a break.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-02-24 11:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-24 18:46, Tiki Royale wrote:

I think I'll call him "El Presidente". May take a couple inches off the top and bottom so he'll fit next to the bar.

!!! Don't do that! Instead you should cut a hole in your ceiling.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 06:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

This painting hung over the main room. It is large, very large, and quite striking.

Yeah, that's a copy of Gaugin's "Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going?" ....Where is that Beautiful Wife? Letting the Days Go By...Letting the Water Hold me Down...Water Flowing Underground...

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-02-25 09:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-25 06:32, Slacks Ferret wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, that's a copy of Gaugin's "Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going?" ....Where is that Beautiful Wife? Letting the Days Go By...Letting the Water Hold me Down...Water Flowing Underground...

It hung in the (shocker) Gauguin Room in SF (Golden Gate).

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-02-25 09:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-24 21:38, Otto wrote:
Sven, in response to your appraisal of the Ku Tiki shown. There seemed to be a handful of old Tikis mixed in there. Obviously all the stained black Tikis are brand new but that Ku and others seem to have been carved in Asian then weathered to appear old.

Also, I would take it with a grain of salt as to how the warehouse managers would know which Tikis are from where. In fact I would really like to know how they have documented this info and I will inquire once the sale mayhem has ended and the Vic's folks get a break.

Part of the franchise agreement with Vic's locations is that the decor is returned to Vic's upon closure. So much has come back over the last 10-20 years that it became easy to lose track of the original locations. Kier does know quite a bit, but is also missing info on some pieces. Things also traveled to multiple locations- I picked up a piece that spent time in both NYC and Emeryville.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 4:08 pm   Permalink

Just a few quick observations after scanning through the photos of this AMAZING sale . .

1) I'm envious, I admit it. You west-coasters get to BUY things we mid-westerner's have likely never even SEEN in person.

2) If we in Kansas City ARE to get a TV's (and that seems dubious right now) what are they going to decorate it with, considering all the GREAT decor going out the door at this sale??

PLEASE keep posting pics!

Drowning my sorrows in another bottle of Goslings Black Seal . .

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 4:41 pm   Permalink

Quote: "2) If we in Kansas City ARE to get a TV's (and that seems dubious right now) what are they going to decorate it with, considering all the GREAT decor going out the door at this sale??"

Good point Silverline! What about other locations that the powers that be might be considering? Maybe they have another warehouse somewhere. Anybody know for sure? You wouldn't think they would have too many places just with decor sitting around costing them money.

Someone else said earlier, what about the Vegas location! Half this stuff should of went there to make that place a little more authentic!! I guess they just really didn't want it there.

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation