FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Da Buggah

Posted: 2008-03-20 11:53 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Da Buggah 2008-03-24 09:02 ]

View Profile of Da Buggah Send a personal message to Da Buggah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 12:36 pm   Permalink

That was actually funny,so I will except that!!!!!!

Wait to hear for our replacement band later today!!!!!!!!!

I love backroom humor!!! DIG?

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
biffachu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-20 5:48 pm   Permalink

Team Tiki ( an upcoming Tiki Art Apparel company ) will be doing a limited edition run of Doug Horne's poster art for a high quality event shirt that will be available at the show and possibly for pre & post sales. We are still working out the pricing and availability but here's a lil sneak preview of what we are doing.

We are trying to tie in a drink coaster/hangtag that can be signed by Doug himself for the event. We are guesstimating the price to be in the $20 range. It will be a high quality , chocolate brown shirt with an interpretation of the famous Tropics poolside tiki, and a neck print commemorating the event.

Will keep you posted as the detail emerge

View Profile of biffachu Send a personal message to biffachu  Email biffachu Goto the website of biffachu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 5:59 pm   Permalink

I gotta say, I find it suspect that anyone comes to this forum and makes a strong accusation AND they are a first time poster. Very suspect indeed. I always say, follow the money. Who would benefit by hurting Wildsville man and this event? Who would benefit by trying to throw a monkey wrench into this whole deal?

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 7:02 pm   Permalink

I give up.who?

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Da Buggah

Posted: 2008-03-20 7:18 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Da Buggah 2008-03-24 09:02 ]

View Profile of Da Buggah Send a personal message to Da Buggah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-20 7:33 pm   Permalink

Sorry to hear that the Martini Kings have some life challenges to oversee...I wish you both good will and hope everything turns out well. We will miss you.

Hang in there Rory, I know you are trying to provide us with a great event. I am still looking forward to my first Palm Springs visit and also meeting fellow tikiphiles...well then there is the art and the cocktails too!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Da Buggah

Posted: 2008-03-20 8:46 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Da Buggah 2008-03-24 16:33 ]

Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-21 10:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-20 17:59, lucas vigor wrote:
I gotta say, I find it suspect that anyone comes to this forum and makes a strong accusation AND they are a first time poster. Very suspect indeed. I always say, follow the money. Who would benefit by hurting Wildsville man and this event? Who would benefit by trying to throw a monkey wrench into this whole deal?

Sounds more like insecurity, maybe even a small penis issue. I do think Da Buggah has his best intentions, though it is a shame he cannot post his concerns and thoughts as who he really is. But sometimes it is easier to attack and point fingers behind a mask.

Mothers womb indeed.

Wildsville, keep doing what you are doing, have faith, have a dream. And it will happen. Wish I could find a way to make it, I am sure that those that do attend will be glad they did.

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-21 12:50 pm   Permalink

Dear Peep's of Wildsville,
Thank you to anyone who called or e-mailed me yesterday to say "keep your chin up" it is MUCH appreciated.
Now down to what I know........I do not believe this was a bigger power trying to sabotage the show,though
I did believe that at first because of the timing after the Martini Kings backed out. I was hit when I was
a little down. But the fact is this.

This Da Buggah has a room for the tiki-caliente weekend.
I do have his real name.
I am NOT planning on removing him from the property for one reason, I respect that everyone has there own
opinion and don't fancy myself as a bully or a powerhungery kind of guy. BUT......if his negativity persist he will be pointed out and removed!!!!!

When we first came up with the idea of Tiki Caliente it was to be called TIKIVILLE and dealing with a resort that had some bad blood with a past Tiki Event was not easy....So they were apprehensive at first to give us the whole resort............so Da Buggah snuck in under the radar and the message about people being backed out of rooms made him call the resort. In turn the resort called me.

The resort has been nothing but helpful and exited to hear we will be there!!!!!!

So that's what I know....

I also promised a replacement to be named yesterday and that is not possible at this time.
Not because of lack of trying or lack of talent,It's because at this time a couple people from this
group are unable to be reach and I don't need to promote someone without a guarantee...

So please keep your ears open............

Thanks again for your support.......... This was a message from the president of Wildsville Inc.

Marty the party will be at this pet friendley Event....so say Hi

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-21 1:27 pm   Permalink

Marty baby!!! I am in love...a dog in a fez. GREAT JOB Rory.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-21 5:08 pm   Permalink

All I know is, it's not easy to put on a major event like this. I would not even want to try. No matter what you do, someone will always be unhappy, but a majority of people will have a great time! I think it is awesome, Wildsville man, that you are making the effort and showing the initiative to get this thing together. Anyone who has tried to put on a show like this always finds something out: There are no big bucks to be made. You will be lucky to break even, at best. Though I hope it is succesful, the more important point is that it will be fun, and everyone will have thick and happy hangovers by the time it is finished. It's Palm Springs, it's the caliente tropics. The place were Lucille ball could be found lounging by the pool with Vivian Vance. The place that is shown in BOT.

I think it will be rad, and the weather will be just about perfect.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-22 10:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-20 17:48, biffachu wrote:
Team Tiki ( an upcoming Tiki Art Apparel company ) will be doing a limited edition run of Doug Horne's poster art for a high quality event shirt that will be available at the show and possibly for pre & post sales. We are still working out the pricing and availability but here's a lil sneak preview of what we are doing.

We are trying to tie in a drink coaster/hangtag that can be signed by Doug himself for the event. We are guesstimating the price to be in the $20 range. It will be a high quality , chocolate brown shirt with an interpretation of the famous Tropics poolside tiki, and a neck print commemorating the event.

Will keep you posted as the detail emerge

Bitchen shirt Biff!!! Make sure they come in "BIG KAHUNA" sizes (2x/3x) LOL!!!! Put me down for a couple either way!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-22 11:47 am   Permalink

Put me down for a big kahuna sized t-shirt too.

How much for the dog?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ALL TIKIPHILES STAYING AT THE CALIENTE....

WHAT: Continental Breakfast
WHERE: Vamp & Corona Contessa's Room
WHEN: 10 am on Sunday morning
SERVING: A pastry & your choice of a Mimosa or Bollini

YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAW

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-23 12:07 pm   Permalink

Happy Easter everyone . I wanted to show you all how nice my lawn looks today now that spring is here . What a beautiful green it is . You could probably see more of it if I didnt have the first two Tiki Caliente pendants in the pic but you get the idea .I am doing two colors . (Burnt Sienna and Burnt Orange ) They are limited edition casts of the the Doug Horne poster tiki . Wildsvilleman and I are still trying to figure things out about the preordering but we wanted you to see them anyways . I hope you like them , Ray

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Ray 2008-03-23 12:57 ]

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation