FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-01 9:46 pm   Permalink

We except everyone, even you Ben. Like I said before,this is a party for all Tiki fan's,not this click or that click. I can't believe that Tiki has become a gang rivalry!!!! It's all just fun and friends to me,DIG? The Tiki community is a subclass as it is,so trying to break it up into different clicks just
weakens the whole.

keep an eye on the registry,you must be looking with the eye that has the patch on it!!!!!!!

P.S. What is the Reef? Oh Wait, You mean Hawaiian Bills? Great stuff that TV looks great,did you do that?

All is fun til someone looses en EYE,Oh wait,someone did!!!!!!!!!!!!DIG?

is this your work?

Or this?

You must meen this?

I hope to see ya in May Ben,I will buy the first round!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 07:41 am   Permalink

Derek Yaniger has something to say about Tiki Caliente and M Modern at TIKIBLOG.com!!!!! Check it out

http://tikiblog.typepad.com/

When Derek speaks I listen..........because I'm not only a fan.I'm a collector

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2008-04-02 07:48 am   Permalink

[/quote]

Is that all you have for an April FOOLs come back??

You can't fool a fool, fool! Dig?

That guest list you sent me is pretty much 75% Bali Hijinx people.

Hope you all have fun at the event, bashing the TC'ers!!!

Now onto that Inc. ..... still waiting to see it in the registry!!

Give my free decor at the REEF some love!
[/quote]

Bali Hijinx??? What's that? And your stuff at the Reef Bar/Hawaiian Bill's still looks great!!! I can't wait to chill at the pool with a Navy Grog or Mai Tai!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 11:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-01 11:32, Wildsville man wrote:

P.S. APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!

That shirt?
You do see why an intervention is needed don't you Wildsville?
I thought we agreed on no JB or B rum for Tiki Caliente. Right?

Just thought of a new drink too.

Jimmy's Kool Aid

1 oz grape Kool Aid
2 oz lime juice
1/2 oz almond liquor
1 oz agave tequila
1 oz rum
shake with ice, serve in dixie cups.

Since Ciclone contains three of the incredients, use it if you wish. ( I know it's part B rum but in this case since it's named for your buddy, it's OK to use it!
Here is an interesting view on Kool Aid too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N11kR6txf2Y

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-04-02 11:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-02 11:23, Ojaitimo wrote:
Quote:

P.S. APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!

That shirt?
You do see why an intervention is needed don't you Wildsville?
I thought we agreed on no JB or B rum for Tiki Caliente. Right?

Just thought of a new drink too.

Jimmy's Kool Aid

1 oz grape Kool Aid
2 oz lime juice
1/2 oz almond liquor
1 oz agave tequila
1 oz rum
shake with ice, serve in dixie cups.

Since Ciclone contains three of the incredients, use it if you wish. ( I know it's part B rum but in this case since it's named for your buddy, it's OK to use it!
Here is an interesting view on Kool Aid too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N11kR6txf2Y

I think to keep this drink in the intended spirit you need to dumb it down even more, so maybe swap out that lime juice with Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice.

Remember;
"My peep's don't like it complex. ...we like to keep it nice and easy!!!!!! " -Wildsville man

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 11:53 am   Permalink

I will drink MUD if I could get a buzz off of it!!!!!!!!DIG? An intervention sounds like a good time though............back in my single day's that's were I would find the chicks that were fun on a first and
only date. Usually not a cheap date but at least less work.

Thank god I am all grown up now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You treat your body like a temple,I treat mine like a tent (words by: JIMMY BUFFETT)

Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-04-02 12:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-02 11:53, Wildsville man wrote:

I will drink MUD if I could get a buzz off of it! ...

- Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville Man) Palm Springs Bartender Services

Awesome! You need to put that statement on your resume!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 12:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I think to keep this drink in the intended spirit you need to dumb it down even more, so maybe swap out that lime juice with Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice.

Remember;
"My peep's don't like it complex. ...we like to keep it nice and easy!!!!!! " -Wildsville man
[/quote]

Like I said, it's OK to use Ciclone which has lime juice in it or what Bacardi claim is along with B rum and agave.

So lets say 3 oz Ciclone
1 oz Grape Kool Aid
1/2 oz bitter almond liquor
shaken with ice
serve in Dixie cups

Simple enough? BTW, did Marina teach you anything about Kool Aid?

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 2:31 pm   Permalink

Just a word, kids: I did not intend to have my joke:
Quote:

On 2008-04-01 13:30, bigbrotiki wrote:
Errr....Rory, what's that shirt you're wearing there? Is there a new headliner you didn't tell us about?

...start another "Jab at Wildsville Man" fest, though I understand that his tendency for unrelenting image cultivation and lackadaisical attitude towards mixology can rub folks here the wrong way. These things aside, I think he deserves an "A" in enthusiasm, bad taste humor, and making things happen. Mid-century Tiki culture had its own share of the "showman" type that, not caring so much about authenticity, did beat the drum loudly...maybe too loudly, but it takes all kinds. To me, Rory is more like a Stephen Crane of the Tiki Revival, someone who overdoes it but does not care. This might sound hypocritical coming from me, Mr. Authenticity himself, but it is all a matter of personal judgment of the balance of "Good bad taste" and "Bad bad taste".

Rory, I would gladly take you up on that shirt burning offer, a little "Burn the Buffet" sacrifice would be fun, and I know you would do it (though it might get taken too seriously!), but it does sadly seem like I will have to report for work in Germany early early May. But I rest assured that my absence will not impede your capacity to have a good time at all.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-04-03 12:19 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 3:54 pm   Permalink

Bigbro, you're right, I apologise Wildsville Man. I'm sure a lot of people like JB even when they are sober. Who am I to judge.

Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 9:30 pm   Permalink

I only consider myself "the Authentic Wildsville Man"!!!!!!Authentic to me means,being true to oneself,not
being something that fit's the mold of a certain culture. I am a hybrid or many thinks,tiki just being
one of them. When I look at a carved tiki do I care if it's traditional? No!!!!! I care if it looks like it was carved with some thought and creative skills. As I love the Rich history of tiki,I also realize that what is ever made today in the name of tiki, will be history one day soon and if all we can do is recycle the same old thing seems boring to me.

I collect Tiki art that speaks to me.......the Tiki is a very powerful figure,but my generation was
also brought up on cartoons and that is the nostalgia of our history!!!!!! (shag/doughorne/derek yaniger)

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 10:12 pm   Permalink

Ho hooo!...you're just lucky you are not loosing your shirt that bears the name of him who is the Anti-Tiki (we do not want to speak his name)!
Why do people always think that minding some degree of authenticity negates creativity? Not so, young Luke! Feel the force, and go your own way...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hinano_Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 10:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-02 14:31, bigbrotiki wrote:
Just a word, kids: I did not intend to have my joke:
Quote:

On 2008-04-01 13:30, bigbrotiki wrote:
Errr....Rory, what's that shirt you're wearing there? Is there a new headliner you didn't tell us about?

...start another "Jab at Wildsville Man" fest, though I understand that his tendency for unrelenting image cultivation and lackadaisical attitude towards mixology can rub folks here the wrong way. These things aside, I think he deserves an "A" in enthusiasm, bad taste humor, and making things happen. Mid-century Tiki culture had its own share of the "showman" type that, not caring so much about authenticity, did beat the drum loudly...maybe too loudly, but it takes all kinds. To me, Rory is more like a Stephen Crane of the Tiki Revival, someone who overdoes it but does not care. This might sound hypocritical from Mr. Authenticity himself, but it is all a matter of personal judgment of the balance of "Good bad taste" and "Bad bad taste".

Here Here to you BigBro!

And to you WVM your still a little freaky but your my kind of freaky! See ya soon brudda and keep that Freaky Flag flyin!

[ This Message was edited by: Hinano_Paul 2008-04-02 22:19 ]

View Profile of Hinano_Paul Send a personal message to Hinano_Paul  Email Hinano_Paul Goto the website of Hinano_Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 10:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-02 22:12, bigbrotiki wrote:
Ho hooo!...you're just lucky you are not loosing your shirt that bears the name of him who is the Anti-Tiki (we do not want to speak his name)!
Why do people always think that minding some degree of authenticity negates creativity? Not so, young Luke! Feel the force, and go your own way...

I was more of a BobbaFett fan,He just gets the job done!!!!!! I hope I don't come across as whiny
as luke.

P.S. I will keep the shirt around for the next time we meet. Keep it real my friend, and we will miss
you at the Tropics in May.

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville Man) Palm Springs Bartender Services

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2008-04-02 22:32 ]

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 10:33 pm   Permalink

april fools day is over!!!

D'oh!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation