FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 9:51 pm   Permalink

Peep's of Wildsville,
Thank you for everyone who is on board with the tiki Caliente weekend. It is looking to be one awesome
party............ In this case the early bird did get the worm.....Everyone who has ordered the rooms
from the Tiki Caliente website are locked in and ready to roll. Unfortunately for people who waited til the last minute, you will have to purchase your tickets from the caliente tropics directly...at a Higher price...This will not include the price of the wristband either....

Recap: tickets are no longer on sale at the TIKI CALIENTE website except for Vendor Fee's

Look forward to seeing you in the Springs!!!!!!!!!

W

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 6:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-08 08:08, bigbrotiki wrote:
Dig? Did you say dig? Well, that reminds me of yet another facet unique in Tiki archeology regarding the Palm Springs Tropics:
It used to have the (most likely only) basement bar in Palm Springs, THE CELLAR.

After it flooded, the whole place was filled in with dirt. Now THAT would be an archeological dig. The stairs down to it are behind the wall on the right, in the hallway between what used to be Sambo's (now the Mexican Restaurant) and the Reef Bar. It's a closet now, go and look in it, you see the access.

Now Doug, I am really curious if there is anything left of the Blythe Tropics, you might just encounter tropic blight. It used to be pretty nice, also had an A-frame porte cochere and a Sambo's:

It seems like the had a tall Tiki too, you can make it out on the right of the A-frame, it looks like the one on page 115 of Tiki Modern, with the stick thru the nose.

Here's a map of the Tiki Tropics locations, (plus the Mecca Motel in Anaheim which seemed to have been owned by Ken Kimes also):

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-02-08 19:31 ]

BigBro this one is for you and the history you bring to us here at Tiki Central.

I called our good friend Sam Gambino and Commissioned him to paint an original piece of Art showing
the Cellar in all it's glory.

The art will hang in Hawaiian Bills at Midnight Friday/Sat/Sun when we turn Bill's into the Cellar with
some RatPack Music/Movies/Cigars.

This is the original Masterpiece!!!!!!

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 12:07 pm   Permalink

Peep's of Wildsville,
To add more fun to this bag-o-tricks,we at Tiki Caliente would like to introduce you to our newest Guest!!!!!

TIKI BAR TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Tiki and Lala will be at the Tiki Caliente on Friday and Saturday.

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 3:05 pm   Permalink

Send Lala over to my booth . I wanna say hi and get her in a tiki pinup shoot .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 8:51 pm   Permalink

Someone needs to go into the Cellar Closet and put a plexiglass shield over the painted " The Cellar" sign.
A few years back (4?) they had a bunch of boxes jammed against it.
You all should do this before it gets scraped off.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-01 11:01 am   Permalink

It looks like a fun weekend coming up! Loose schedule! Lots of music and drinks! Lots of tiki vending going on! Limbo at 1am??? Craziness! http://www.tiki-caliente.com/event.html

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Amyaloha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 12:49 pm   Permalink

Hello-

I just shipped 3 paintings off to M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs for their 5th Anniversary Show
which opens May 9 at 7pm and will be open on Sat May 10 from noon-7pm.
(Show will be up through mid-June, I hear).

These are 3 oil paintings on linen from my original Monkey Love Series:
"The Nibbler", "The Examiner" and "The Teaser". So, you will get a chance to
see them in person or buy them through M Modern Gallery during this special show.
They each have beautiful black carved frames. All the same size -14 3/8" square framed.

Happy Tiki Time in Palm Springs!
www.amycrehore.com
www.amycrehore.blogspot.com

View Profile of Amyaloha Send a personal message to Amyaloha  Goto the website of Amyaloha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-01 7:30 pm   Permalink

WOW!!! Those are breath-taking Amy. I can hardly wait to see them in real life.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-02 09:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-30 20:51, RevBambooBen wrote:
Someone needs to go into the Cellar Closet and put a plexiglass shield over the painted " The Cellar" sign.
A few years back (4?) they had a bunch of boxes jammed against it.
You all should do this before it gets scraped off.

Wildsville, how about a shot of the entrance and sign to the Cellar entrance?

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-02 09:52 am   Permalink

Amyaloha, your paintings are so cool!

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-02 3:33 pm   Permalink

Peep's,

Just a heads-up!!!!!!!!!!! Bring CASH!!!!!!! Most of the Vendors will be set up for CASH ONLY!!!!!!
ALSO!!BLIND TIKI EXCHANGE AND WRISTBANDS ARE ALSO CASH ONLY!!!!!!! We will have directions on hands for local ATM's to help you replenish your wallets........but please remember with the amount of people who are scheduled to attend those may run out also.....

We still have room for 2 more vendors if anyone is interested....pay below

http://www.better-online-business-opportunity.com/wildsville-reservations.html

At this time most vendors should be able to get lawn areas if wanted.....

Side-note.......I am hearing from several sources that some guest are bringing things to sell from rooms
or by hand without paying the vendor fee!!!!!!!! This is a BIG NO,NO without an O.K. from myself...It isn't fair to the vendors or myself........if you have any questions please e-mail me or Pm me....Thanks

Have fun at Tiki Invasion II all,

Wildsville

Amyaloha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-02 6:35 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much for the compliments.
I think it's nice that so many Tiki people will get to see
these paintings in person.

For the names of other artists in this show:
http://amycrehore.blogspot.com/2008/05/amy-crehore-in-5th-anniversary-show-at.html

Amy

P.S. For the month of May, in celebration of Tiki, I am
having a 20% off sale on my limited edition signed
Monkey Love prints. 6 Different prints.(Free shipping)
http://www.amycrehore.com/page10.html

View Profile of Amyaloha Send a personal message to Amyaloha  Goto the website of Amyaloha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-04 6:59 pm   Permalink

Did I hear someone say, "Room Parties?"

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-04 7:44 pm   Permalink

I so excited for Tiki Caliente!!! I'm leaving to come back over on Friday morning!

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 09:12 am   Permalink

I just finished these yesterday... will be bringing for the vending portion of the event. These are two identical frames.

Note: I will only have 2... early bird gets the frame. $200 each

interior measurement is 16 x 24. Doug Horne will be selling a complimentary sized print for your product pairing enjoyment.

The exterior edges are all chiseled finish (hard to tell from these pics). I used a new technique (for me) on these frames.. combining router work and hand tools.

before stain and finish work

After stain and finish work.. still drying in these pics

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2008-05-05 09:14 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation