FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 09:40 am   Permalink

Beautiful frames Monkeyman!
And Ms. Crehore's work is always AWESOME!
Dropped off Three new paintings for the mModern Show
AND the wife and I booked Thursday and Friday night at the Caliente
with our dog Phoebe!
Here's what I'll have up on the walls there...

"the Night Rowers" 15 x 60"
(sorry-it's already sold....)

"Night Journey" 3x3'

"the Magical Tiki Tree" 60 x 15"

This should be one Swanky Event!
and the Caliente Tropics is right up the road!
Gonna be TIKITOWN this weekend!
See y'all in Palm Springs!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 10:16 am   Permalink

friggin... lit'l lost... always ahead of the game..

well if I get it finished Tiki#144 will show up Sat!!

guess the name win mug here
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=27618&forum=1&start=last&68

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 1:16 pm   Permalink

Vendors of Wildsville,
This is the Ad/Flyer that was placed for the Tiki Caliente weekend....It will be in the local paper/Radio spots onKx96 and Kq92 also was handed out at the classic car show this last weekend. 1,000 flyers were given out at Wang's in the Desert,Snip-snip-Buzz-Buzz,Street Fair,Local area residential,Koffie, and word of mouth.....and more

See you this weekend.............tell a friend

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 1:53 pm   Permalink

Wow Kenny, " The Night Rowers " looks like stained glass . Youre an inspiration . Anyways , theres a party in the desert and actually at the place it all started for me during Tiki Oasis 2 . Crazy Al was only a little nutz then and Holden was selling mugs out of the back of his car . I was taking orders off a card table and just felt I belonged . Those were some crazy parties out there and now we are returning to roost .This hotel has such an intimate charm . I cant wait to return . See ya there....

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 2:04 pm   Permalink

That neck charm look bigger and bigger every time I see it!!!!!!!!!! It looked smaller when It was in your hand vs. all the miniature furniture in the background.

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 4:43 pm   Permalink

Here is another little something that Swampfire and I have been collaborating on.... Original #1 print.. courtesy of Doug Horne.. custom frame courtesy of Monkeyman. The top and bottom are solid mahogany. Its heavy...

This will be on display at the M Modern Gallery Friday night.. swing by and check it out.. its for sale bring your piggy bank.

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2008-05-05 16:45 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 6:06 pm   Permalink

Mr. Monkey,

It was cool watching that frame go together. Top self crazy good stuff! Swamp Fire must in a state of stoke.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 6:49 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman-
So, when is "Frame Building Day" gonna be?

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 7:32 pm   Permalink

Incredible, awesome work.
Derek, this this your best piece that I've seen. How dare you, I thought my shelf frame would be the pinnacle.

Doug's work is already great and that frame seals the deal so nicely.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiblog.com
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-05 9:31 pm   Permalink

Hey Monkeyman,

Love the frame, but if you are willing to give it away for the amount in my piggy-bank, your gonna have to live off of some canned beans.

View Profile of tikiblog.com Send a personal message to tikiblog.com  Email tikiblog.com Goto the website of tikiblog.com     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-05 10:01 pm   Permalink

It's been a long time a coming! But, looking forward to get back into the swing of things again!

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 10:35 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman,
I am very impressed!!!!!!!! Looking forward to some Awesome fun in the Sun with the best that Tiki has to offer......Being a fan myself makes it very fun and not to profitable. But my house is becoming quite Tikirific!!!!!!

I will be around Thursday for the early birds coming to town!!!!!!!!!!!

Catch ya on the flip-side!!!!!!! DIG?

Be good or bad kitty will get ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 10:38 pm   Permalink

Derek, that frame is rad.

The stone pattern is incredible.

Great concept and execution!

Love the other little carvings also.

Teamed with Doug's print, that is one hell of a nice work of art.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 11:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2008-05-05 16:45 ]

monkeyman, thant's just too sweet. you just keep getting better and better.

yes, i'll be there and yes, i'll be vending. i worked on a project with alohastation and made beautiful, limited edition pendant for this weekend. it's a cannibal tiki on a necklace with tibetan, bone skulls. it's pretty cool. i'll also have other jewelry and some jade things. i'm very excited.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-05 11:40 pm   Permalink

Those frames look great Monkeydude!!!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation