FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-07 7:42 pm   Permalink

Wanna-be Vendors to Tiki Caliente,
Please pay your vending fee by Thursday night. I will be on grounds of the Tropics first thing in the morning on Friday and away from my PC to check my account. I had several vendors express interest in the past couple of days and was unable to find some of the contact information (Sorry)

Love to have some more vendors as part of the Show.

Now can you DIG that?

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-07 8:09 pm   Permalink

more and more stuff is piling into my head. there's not enough time to make it all before this weekend.

i'm finishing up some jewelry with exotic hard woods and thought this looked really cool. that's the natural color of the wood on the sand paper. can't wait to see everyone in the springs!

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-07 10:00 pm   Permalink

Peep's of Wildsville,
When you come down Palm Canyon to get to the Caliente Tropics stop at the old Don the Beach Comber's.
It's now a place that sells Bronze Statues. But look close and you will see the metal Tiki head torch's
on the top of the building

Now can you Dig that?

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-08 08:42 am   Permalink

M Modern Palm Springs

On Friday, May 9th, 2008 @ 7:00pm

Our "5th Anniversary" Group Exhibition
& TIKI Event
DEREK YANIGER solo ehxibition
LYLE MOTLEY solo exhibition

http://www.mmodern.com/

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-08 09:55 am   Permalink

Be there or be square...... I'll be there!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-08 10:52 am   Permalink

This Just in: I dropped off 5 paintings with the fine folks at M Modern last night, so don't be surprised to see a few familiar (tiki) faces of mine... Although Frame-Fetish has done an AMAZING re-frame on "Ruby", and i have done an extensive rework on the "Lucky Hula Girl".

look forward to seeing y'all!

Alohas, Toe-jam

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-08 11:14 am   Permalink

WOOHOO! Viva Tiki Caliente!!! The SoccerTiki Mobile is packed to the max (with what I do not know)and we are ready to leave. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Caliente Tropics. We are staying in Room #135

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-08 12:39 pm   Permalink

Just a reminder....

ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ALL TC TIKIPHILES STAYING AT THE CALIENTE....

WHAT: Continental Breakfast
WHERE: Vamp & Corona Contessa's Room #149
WHEN: 10 am on Sunday morning
SERVING: A pastry & your choice of a FORMICA (that is a Vamp/Corona Contessa Formosa concoction)

YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAW

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-08 2:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-08 12:39, VampiressRN wrote:
Just a reminder....

ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ALL TC TIKIPHILES STAYING AT THE CALIENTE....

WHAT: Continental Breakfast
WHERE: Vamp & Corona Contessa's Room #149
WHEN: 10 am on Sunday morning
SERVING: A pastry & your choice of a FORMICA (that is a Vamp/Corona Contessa Formosa concoction)

YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAW

Wow! Continental Breakfast! Count us in. What a gesture, thanks Vampiress!

Below is a piece I did for the M Modern show. The inspiration came from our friends Ron (Bongo Fury) and his wife Mickee. Stacey and I stayed at their beautiful home a few weeks back. The tiki in the drawing is in their dining room. I asked Ron where it came from and he lead me to the following thread.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=12478&forum=1&14
A great piece of Urban Tiki Archelogy if you have not seen the thread check it out.

See ya Friday night, good times ahead!!

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-08 2:25 pm   Permalink

Stacey will have some of her fantastic jewelry at the show. She's unveiling a new watch and necklaces
she created specially for the event with the poster art.
You can see more of her jewelry at
www.happychijewelry.com or better yet, see it in person @ the show this weekend!

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-08 5:28 pm   Permalink

Room 135 is open! Happy hour at 7???

A few early partiers...

Anyone seen Derek around??? Wheeew!!!!!!

"Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2008-05-08 17:32 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-08 5:33 pm   Permalink

Nice work Swamp. Your style with the black paper is as defined as your well-known digital work

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-08 5:46 pm   Permalink

The Wildsville Family will be in #135 right at 7p.m.

EVERLAST GIRL

MARTY THE PARTY

THE MAN WITH THE WRONG SHIRT ON!!!!!!!!

biffachu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-08 5:46 pm   Permalink

Well Folks,

I just got back from the press check for the shirts, and they came out awesome!!
Here's some pics of the printing process.

All the shirts are bagged and have a bar coaster hangtag. After discussing with Doug & the printer we havent settled on the cost yet. But because of all the extra colors & love we put into this one, I know it will be between $20-$25. This will be the maiden voyage of Team Tiki shirts. We hope to bring you many more with all your favorite tiki artists soon!

See ya in the sun!!

Biffachu

[ This Message was edited by: biffachu 2008-05-08 18:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: biffachu 2008-05-08 19:23 ]

View Profile of biffachu Send a personal message to biffachu  Email biffachu Goto the website of biffachu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-08 5:55 pm   Permalink

Hey Rory , did you get a free bowl of soup with that shirt ?

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation