FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
tikiblog.com
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-11 11:20 pm   Permalink

Hey little lost tiki, I love the "P.S. I Love You" touch to the picture. Much to my shame, here is a pic I didn't show on Tikiblog.

Unfortunately, I was man love attempt number one and didn't admit it. Luckily, my wife Maria (MexicanTiki) was there to beat the living crap out of Vital Tiki for the razor burn he gave me with his kiss attempt on the cheek. (attention all Anglos, remember that Lorraina Bobbett was Hispanic)

Somehow, the actual kiss picture (it was on the cheek as I am from Palm Desert, not Palm Springs), was deleted from the evidence file. Go figure. I should work for the U.S. Government.

View Profile of tikiblog.com Send a personal message to tikiblog.com  Email tikiblog.com Goto the website of tikiblog.com     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 12:03 am   Permalink

well I must say it looks like I missed alot of fun on Fri and Sat.

I did get to see 3 bands today Sun.
and meet some cool new tiki friends,
but it seems like alot of the "cool kids"
left Sun. morn before I got there.

party poopers.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 08:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-12 00:03, bigtikidude wrote:
well I must say it looks like I missed alot of fun on Fri and Sat.
I did get to see 3 bands today Sun.
and meet some cool new tiki friends,
but it seems like alot of the "cool kids"
left Sun. morn before I got there.
party poopers.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Party poopers?
The party started Thursday Night Jeff....
Sunday was Recovery Day.....
get with the program....

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 08:17 am   Permalink

My wife and i (Susan & Corey) had an unreal time, and met some solid people. Found out WooHoo and SoccerTiki live right around the corner from us, i had been admiring their tikis in front of their house for a long time wondering who lived there. Theres nothing like hanging out poolside with a cocktail and the Menehunes playing in the backround. Rory is a stand up guy and a great host! He truly put his heart and soul into this event and it showed. Looking forward to Tiki Caliente 2. Sorry mom for having to deal with a zombiefied mangled mongoloid with booze oozing from my pores one eye propped open with a swizzle stick on Mothers Day.

Aloha nui loa

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 08:31 am   Permalink

Mon, is recovery day Ken.

everybody should have Mondays off.
I highly recommend it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 10:32 am   Permalink

Excellent time! Thanks Rory Wildsville Man!!!

How about that 96 degree temperature!!

And thank you Squid for playing drums with us. You are the most awesome drummer.

Does everyone know that the Smoking Menehunes had no rehearsals with Squid! He doesn't need them!!!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Tiki Shop
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-12 10:50 am   Permalink

I still haven't heard an answer to Bamboo Ben's question.......did anyone sell anything or was it just a big tiki party?

View Profile of The Tiki Shop Send a personal message to The Tiki Shop  Email The Tiki Shop Goto the website of The Tiki Shop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 10:59 am   Permalink

yes... some stuff was sold.

but the pace was light enough where the vendors could actually enjoy themselves this time.. we were swimming, hanging out with other vendors, working on our craft in our booths... AND selling some stuff too.

If the ONLY reason you would come is to sell stuff then you might have been discouraged. If you came with the intent to participate in the festivities as well then it would have been a nice experience.

Since I wasnt there during the first couple Oasis'... I am guessing that this is what it was like. Relaxed... easy.

* No one trying to stake out their lounge chairs with towels at 6am...
* No one trying to use Orange Cones to try and reserve themselves or their buddies a parking space.
* No one stealing someones vintage shirt or lifting a collectible mug from someone elses room..
* the Ice machines did NOT run out of ice...
* No one waiting in line for an hour just to get the event mug. No one scalping their second event mug to people farther back in line.

It was real pleasant.

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2008-05-12 11:08 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
goddess-sun
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-12 11:21 am   Permalink

Thank you Rory and for everyone who helped out. The weather was perfect.
Good times as always.

Thanks to everyone!!!!

Yaniger, Horne & Stacey, Squid and Monkeyman

Crazy Al & Rebecca

Terrill giving me a kiss (smack)

Rebecca admiring Big Toe's artwork

Grog always a pleasure

Nice work Bosko

Hello Ray

Mike looking at good artwork

Biff, Andy and Riptide

There is Mike again - He gets everywhere

Tigerlily & me

Derek Yaniger your work was awesome

Andy & Biff (Team Tiki)

Biff bought Heather Watts beautiful painting.

First Tiki as you walk into the gallery - Crazy Al

Smokin Menehunes was a nice touch at night

[ This Message was edited by: goddess-sun 2008-05-12 11:40 ]

View Profile of goddess-sun Send a personal message to goddess-sun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 12:40 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to drop some PROPS for Rory aka Wildsville Man and the effort he put into Tiki-Caliente. I had a great time -- good friends, good music, good vibe. Can't wait for the next one!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 12:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-11 19:37, Ben Stolen wrote:
THIS IS AN OFFICIAL RANSOM NOTE !!!!
I have been stalking Wildsvilleman all weekend waiting like a vulture for him to slip up and it happened . I have taken the infamous glasses from his possesion and I require his cooperation to get them back . Yes, I have stolen the Lone Rangers mask .....heh,heh,heh.Without them he is as powerless as Superman near Kryptonite .I didnt take that hat because now he will need it to sell pencils out of . Here is my proof .

We wouldnt want anything to happen to these babies now would we . No harm will come to them as long as the demands are met . An no calls to the tiki police either . He is still being watched .I will post again within 48 hours as to what to do .

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!

Not Cool Dude!!!! I got up this morning feeling weak and out of touch. I tryed to show you up by getting some new replacement shaded, but Marty the Party doesn't even know it's me. At first I thought it might be Tiki Ray but then i realized he's not that smart. Then I thought maybe Ken Rizic,but then I realized he was busy reading the Gay yellowpages........

I don't know who you are and what you want......so just say it!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU WANT?

a sad day at Tiki Caliente

It's me Marty

This was going to be my new look for Wildsville Man

The day after.........Tiki Broker,smokin tiki,and drake perry still in the house....but otherwise quite.

Great art Little lost tiki..............Thank you very much

Thanks to Tiki Bar TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks to everyone who made a dream come true.......I can't thank you all enough.....

Rory Snyder (a.k.a. WILDZ) I WANT MY WILDSVILLE-MAN GLASSES BACK BUTTHOLE!!!!!!

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville Man) Palm Springs Bartender Services

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2008-05-12 12:53 ]

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 1:08 pm   Permalink

Here is a scary thought: You are walking down a dark alley at night, behind some old, wierd motel in Palm springs. Suddenly, the night grows even darker. Was that a shadow crossing the moon? No, it is Grog, Hinano Paul and soccer tiki, and all three of them want to do a tango on your face, beat you senseless and then leave you where they find you.

Good thing I can run fast!

So I run. And bump into a strange man with punk-blonde hair holding a gay palm springs directory. I think I am safe, when out comes the knife. (It's a custom Ruzik knife)it slashes across, down and then across again. I am disembowled. Just like in the movie "Caligula", the mai-tai and scorpion cocktails come gushing out, and I crumple half-dead in the parking lot. There is a pool of drying blood, the knife is still there, but all the other guests have long since gone. Only the swimming pool remains, with 2-or 3 forlorn and sad pool toys floating around, waiting for next year's Tiki Caliente 2!!!!

Amen!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 1:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-12 13:08, lucas vigor wrote:
Here is a scary thought: You are walking down a dark alley at night, behind some old, wierd motel in Palm springs. Suddenly, the night grows even darker. Was that a shadow crossing the moon? No, it is Grog, Hinano Paul and soccer tiki, and all three of them want to do a tango on your face, beat you senseless and then leave you where they find you.
So I run. And bump into a strange man with punk-blonde hair holding a gay palm springs directory. I think I am safe, when out comes the knife. (It's a custom Ruzik knife)it slashes across, down and then across again. I am disembowled. Just like in the movie "Caligula", the mai-tai and scorpion cocktails come gushing out, and I crumple half-dead in the parking lot. There is a pool of drying blood, the knife is still there, but all the other guests have long since gone. Only the swimming pool remains, with 2-or 3 forlorn and sad pool toys floating around, waiting for next year's Tiki Caliente 2!!!!
Amen!

WHAAAA?
I'm sorry Mr. Vigor
but ex-marines don't use knives....
they disembowel with their bare hands.....
or maybe it was a massive papercut you got thumbing thru the Gay Yellow pages.....

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 1:50 pm   Permalink

uuum ok??

hey just wanted to say that Squid and the Martini Kings Sun. afternoon were great too.
No rehearsals for them either. Just total spur of the moment songs being called out and they'd give him heads ups when some changes were coming.

SO I came out to PS to see them, as Tony asked me for Squids e-mail just a few weeks ago, and I figured I should go see them, since I hooked them up.
and was pleasantly surprised to see the Smokin Menahunes playin in the Morning, and the 2 Slack Key guitarists playing at 7 pm.

even though alot of people had left it was still a great time.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 2:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-12 13:26, little lost tiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-05-12 13:08, lucas vigor wrote:
Amen!

WHAAAA?
I'm sorry Mr. Vigor
but ex-marines don't use knives....
they disembowel with their bare hands.....
or maybe it was a massive papercut you got thumbing thru the Gay Yellow pages.....

I admit it. I was peeking at it, a bit!! (I just wanted to see if Tiki Bong or Pat had any listings in it!!-turns out they did, for "gay Hawaiian band now accepting gigs in Palm Springs area")

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation