FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Events Ľ Ľ California Events Ľ Ľ Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 6:12 pm   Permalink

Good times for all that attended the Caliente Tropics this weekend in Palm Springs.
Here is several pics where the Don the Beachcomber was located .The second shot shows
A frame architecture in the near bye area and an original 1960's motel unchanged.

Mahalo,
Trader Bill

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 6:13 pm   Permalink

purple toes for everyone!! i got one walking 5 miles to the gallery on friday night!

hahaha, thanks for the ride you guys!

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 7:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-12 18:07, crazy al wrote:
SQUID ROCKS!!!!
TAKE 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!
for those that do not know and left early... Squid can sho' play drums.... damn.....

Yup....I can concur with that, wholeheartedly. He carves a mean mug too.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-12 7:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-12 18:07, crazy al wrote:
SQUID ROCKS!!!!
TAKE 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!
for those that do not know and left early... Squid can sho' play drums.... damn.....

You sure got that right Crazy Al!! That was Squid's FIRST time to play with the Martini Kings, and they sounded TIGHT!!! And he definitely added that Squid pizzazz to the already smoking Smokin' Menehunes.

GROG have a blast at Caliente Tropics this weekend. Good music, good people, good art (that DEREK Yaniger dude is awesome) and good vendors. GROG wish GROG could buy more, but GROG running out of room in GROG tiki room.

Always good to see all the TC'ers GROG know, and great meeting new people. Thanks for the event Rory, GROG think AJ supersweet lady also. GROG glad Rory not anything like Wildsville Man on TC.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-12 8:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-12 18:08, Wildsville man wrote:
First of all Ray, the tiki fell on your toe from all the KY Lube you had on it.....You and Tiki Kiniki
are in to some weird S#@T!!! P.S. I found a piece of corn still on it.

Second,after this weekend I can only afford to be stoned to death.

Third,the reason I gave you all the money in singles was so you could put it in your back right pocket and aline-you-spine when you sit down....you hunchbacked thief!!!!!!!!!

NOW CAN YOU DIG THAT SUCKA????????

Awwww don't be a hater Wildsville Man! Since you found the kernel of corn, you didn't happen to find my egg of silly putty too, did ya???? I've been looking all over for it!!

And by the way, I thought you said you'd been gathering those dollar bills for your trip to the strip club that you pointed out in the gay yellow pages???

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 8:07 pm   Permalink

Grog,
Thanks for making my girlfriend think I am the second sweetest guy in the World.
She loves the drawing you gave her too.........great to meet you

P.S. The Wildsville Man is nice to the people who are nice to him!!!!!!!!! Dig?

P.S.S. I also have to say that Squid is one rock'in cat.........he made my face melt off with his swing'in tones........I would love to have all of the bands back

P.S.S. Squid,I have a great idea for a mug to make for next year

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kinikilu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-12 8:31 pm   Permalink

Many Mahalos to Wildsville Man! I laughed so hard all weekend my sides still ache. Here are some pics of poolside Saturday.

This is the way to start the morning with a Tikimosa

Go Tiki, the original bird brain!

Mark realizing it's not a life saving device!

Bird blow job?!

Dani enjoying the pool scene!

Grog recovering from his head transplant.

Getting ready for Tiki Ball/

Grog and mini-wahine hanging at the pool.

Roxanne noodling around.

Tiki Caliente pool scene.

Tiki BFF's!

View Profile of kinikilu Send a personal message to kinikilu  Email kinikilu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 8:49 pm   Permalink

was definately the funniest event I've been to... so many bad jokes, lots of drunken trash talk, Grog swimming in his white vest, the laughs were endless.. Eric Vital Tiki's "colourfull" approach to the bar staff.. I am still giggling about the whole thing...

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 10:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-12 20:49, Tiki Trav wrote:
I am still giggling about the whole thing...

Hey Trav!
Men Laugh,Chuckle,and Chortle...
Girls giggle...
NOICE HEH!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidogg

Posted: 2008-05-12 10:30 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikidogg 2009-08-20 09:26 ]

View Profile of tikidogg Send a personal message to tikidogg  Email tikidogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 10:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-12 22:14, little lost tiki wrote:
Quote:

Hey Trav!
Girls giggle...
NOICE HEH!

by sunday i don't think there was a "man" left in the place

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 10:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-12 22:42, Tiki Trav wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-05-12 22:14, little lost tiki wrote:
Quote:

Hey Trav!
Girls giggle...
NOICE HEH!

by sunday i don't think there was a "man" left in the place

hey! i was still there.

i forgot to thank steve for getting me the drink bot decanter and dr. tiki and lala signing it. that was very cool and they were super nice people. everyone was.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 10:56 pm   Permalink

I enjoyed kicking it with Dr.Tiki also!!!! This was one of my crown jewels from the show. I have a great friend in Wisconsin who got me into TikiBarTV about 2 years ago and when they called me back and wanted to be part of the Event I though this was too cool. Since my buddy Scott was too lazy to come down my friends and I made a point to rub his face in it with some cool pictures.....

P.S. Jeff (Dr.Tiki) I want my board shorts back!!!!!!!!!!

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 11:26 pm   Permalink

I had a great time thanks to old friends & New!!!! It was a great get-a-way hugs to my hubby & kids that were all working this weekend either on the home re-model or busy at work but sent me on vacation. My weekend in P.S. was perfect. There were so many great moments, the MModern art show was incredible but then just hanging out at the pool was pretty fantastic too. Has anyone seen my shower curtain? Where did I put it?

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-13 12:05 am   Permalink

Tiki Caliente 2008

Friday midnite

I rolled into Palm Springs at midnite. Itís pretty funny to come onto a scene when you are sober. Everyone was already going strong.
After a short intervention with Wildsville where I made him a Beachbum Berry Mai Tai Rory served me some excellent rum of his own..
. No mention of B rum all weekend or a certain B musician that shall remain nameless.

A&E should have done a show on this intervention! Talk about someone doing a 180 degree turn around. I donít care what everyone else says Wildsville Man, they donít know the new you.

Great job you did on Tiki Caliente by the way Wildsman. Thanks for the great weekend.
AJ, thanks for helping this intervention go well. Vampiress and fellow nurses, thanks for your help too.

And all of you great people, at Tiki Caliente and where ever you are, this collective spirit we all share could do wonders for this
F upped world we live in. Good energy
Don the Beachcomber once said,
ďIf you canít go to paradise, Iíll bring it to youĒ Tiki Caliente was close to paradise.
(Except for the Mai Taiís that is, your guys have to work on that)

Thanks for the look at the Rat Pack's hangout. Next year we dig it up!

That's it for Friday, Saturday tommorow.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation