FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-08 11:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-08 16:13, hiltiki wrote:
WM. exactly where is the Palm Colony located. Was the name changed previously?

It's on indian and alejo and I believe that was the original name. If you come down to the springs I will have Jason the manager show us the mural in the basement. Sadley only part of it was left. When they restored it they were forced to cut and reinforce the walls in the basement..........The city would not give the building
historical significants.

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 08:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

After it flooded, the whole place was filled in with dirt. Now THAT would be an archeological dig. The stairs down to it are behind the wall on the right, in the hallway between what used to be Sambo's (now the Mexican Restaurant) and the Reef Bar. It's a closet now, go and look in it, you see the access.

Now Doug, I am really curious if there is anything left of the Blythe Tropics, you might just encounter tropic blight. It used to be pretty nice, also had an A-frame porte cochere and a Sambo's:

Some great info Sven, I'll definitely check it out next time I'm at the Tropics. It'll be tough to resist the urge to start digging.

If anyone is going thru Blythe below is the address for the Tropics.
I'll be going thru town on the 21st to check it out.
Why do I get the feeling we will find a Walgreens in it's place.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 1:58 pm   Permalink

TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We Just put the packages up on Wildsville-man's website and on Tiki-Caliente's website.
We wanted to get the packages up earley because of the amout of questions and demand we are seeing.
I hope you will come join us in the Springs. Our only goal is to have a great time,enjoy each others
company with some good entertainment and some great tiki art. You get here and let us entertain you!!

Thanks,
Rory Snyder (a.k.a. wildsville man)

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

http://www.better-online-business-opportunity.com/wildsville-reservations.html

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville Man) Palm Springs Bartender Services

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2008-02-09 14:01 ]

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 4:04 pm   Permalink

OK , I made the commitment and Im in . This should be a great show because of whats involved . Its refreshing to see an outdoor weekend event thats about the tiki art , the artists , the bands , the exotica and of couse the tiki drinks . This is what I remember about the TO 2 when I started vending . Thats whats got me hooked . Its great to see peoples creations rather than looking at Party World overstock items for sale . Bring on the creators !!!!!!!!

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-09 4:06 pm   Permalink

Tiki-Ray, the new tiki rawks!! Awww, baby tiki is too cute!

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 4:12 pm   Permalink

Thanks girl , I call it "The Widower" . Moms not around and Dads crying cause he got stuck with the kid . Gee , sounds like my life !
Tiki-Ray is a carver in So. Cal. since 1985. All his work is freehanded and very Unique.Signed and finished to last. I have an oldschool tiki style that I get a lot of compliments on . Contact me at tikiray.com , myspace.com/tikiray1 or Facebook (Ray Kie

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 4:37 pm   Permalink

Totally grovin on this new tiki Ray...mad props brah!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 6:05 pm   Permalink

Oh my GAD, Raymond just jumped three spaces up to a whole new level of Tiki carving.

That is just flat out freakin' great. You should be charging admission just to look at it.

Hey, don't let this all go to yer head, Raymond. You're keeping those Ray-Babes around, right?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Kent
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-09 10:48 pm   Permalink

Check out the history of the original owners of Caliente Tropics, Ken Kimes & his wife, Sante :

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/women/kimes/7.html

It's a film noir story of greed, deception, addiction and murder!

View Profile of Kahuna Kent Send a personal message to Kahuna Kent      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-10 01:35 am   Permalink

This is becomeing the A-team of tiki!!!!!!!!! Who am I? Merdock? Face? mr. T?
Whoever I am I am just glad to be part of this!!!!!!!!! Tickets went on sale today
and we can see that Palm Springs still has alittle tiki left in it!!!!!!!!

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville Man) Palm Springs Bartender Services

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2008-02-10 01:36 ]

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-10 1:36 pm   Permalink

WooHoo! SoccerTiki and I can't wait. May is the Perfect month to visit Palm Springs

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EmmaPeel007

Posted: 2008-02-11 4:27 pm   Permalink

Heya - can anyone attend this swinging shindig? Do we need a ticket or anything to get in? We don't need rooms but we would love to come and check out all the vendors.

View Profile of EmmaPeel007 Send a personal message to EmmaPeel007  Email EmmaPeel007 Goto the website of EmmaPeel007     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 4:44 pm   Permalink

Only if you dress and look like Diana Rigg:

Dig?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EmmaPeel007

Posted: 2008-02-11 5:49 pm   Permalink

Is there any other way?

And yes, Steed will be with me

View Profile of EmmaPeel007 Send a personal message to EmmaPeel007  Email EmmaPeel007 Goto the website of EmmaPeel007     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 6:20 pm   Permalink

Oh well, I tried...I am sure there is way to attend without room rental. ....Wildsville Man will be right with you, I am certain.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation