FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-20 09:28 am   Permalink

The First Block of rooms have now SOLD OUT!!!!!! Thanks for all the support and liver damage you
Tiki Freaks gave me from this last weekend in the Springs.

The next block is available for sale on
http://www.tiki-caliente.com/ for the same price. When those go
we may need to adjust the price for some of the entertainment we will have at the show.

Our goal is to have a great show that will entertain but not overburden your wallets....But the closer we
get to the date of the event,the more I will need to charge.

Any questions just sent them to me and they will be answered quickly...

A new vendor/entertainment list will be updated by April 1st.

If you want to vend at the show it would be best to be locked in before April 1st because that will be the list that will be posted in Tiki Magazine and will be on the TIKI-CALIENTE website.

I look forward to seeing you in the Springs!!!!!! DIG?

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville Man) Palm Springs Bartender Services

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2008-02-20 09:45 ]

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-02-20 09:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-20 09:28, Wildsville man wrote:.

...the closer we get to the date of the event,the more I will need to charge.

This is indicative of poor management. In all truth, the more people you have coming, the LESS they should have to pay for entertainment. Right? So this tells us that you don't really have a set entertainment budget set aside and that as you recruit more entertainment the budget goes up and you pass that on to the guests. That's not really fair to the guests unless you give us full disclosure.

So please tell us now. What exactly is the "current" entertainment line up?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-20 10:09 am   Permalink

I understand your question but if you ask any of the tiki freaks from this last weekend who were at the modernism show, they would tell you the room cost more then what I'm charging with the package. I had the
Tropics help with the price to save money for the fan's. For the price I am charging at this time it would be roughly the price you would pay independently to the Caliente Tropics.

So at this time I have great talent lined up and a great show at M Modern lined up!!!!!!

So the prices I am charging are fair and need to go up closer to the day of the event.

People who lock in now will help with less upfront money coming from my pocket.

I want everyone to have a great time, and not break the bank. But at the same time I don't need
to walk with a loss to me or the vendors.

Thanks for the Question and please understand I'm not trying to screw anyone, I just want to walk away
with a great party with great new friends to myself and Palm Springs!!!!DIG?

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-02-20 10:14 am   Permalink

Yeah, I know you're not trying to screw anybody.

I just want to know what the current entertainment line up is. Asking people to wait until April Fools day is not the best marketing move.

[edited to remove unnecessary comment about oral sex]

[ This Message was edited by: hakalugi 2008-02-20 10:30 ]

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-20 10:23 am   Permalink

Got 'big' money on the WILDSVILLE MAN to provide good tunes ....

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-20 10:47 am   Permalink

How about the guy that was there last weekend. Looks like Brother Iz and I hear that he is good, Is he going to be there?

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-02-20 10:57 am   Permalink

Do I see a spittoon in that photo?

Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-20 1:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-20 10:47, Ojaitimo wrote:
How about the guy that was there last weekend. Looks like Brother Iz and I hear that he is good, Is he going to be there?

That guy's name is Titus and he is very good. He plays in the bar at Duke's in Huntington Beach a lot in the summer. He also is good friends and often plays Hawaiian gigs with Pat from The Smokin' Menehunes. DIG!

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-22 09:50 am   Permalink

WooooHooo! Have you made your reservations yet?? This is going to be an event that you're not going to want to miss out on

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tonycoconut

Posted: 2008-02-22 10:19 am   Permalink

Hi all my name is Tony as you can prob guess from the user name but I'm married to the manager over at the tropics and she is working with Wildsville to do the best they can. i for one am looking forward to this and plan on having one hell of a time!!!!

View Profile of tonycoconut Send a personal message to tonycoconut  Email tonycoconut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-22 12:11 pm   Permalink

Tony,
Good to have you in the group!!!! Your wife is one cool chick!!!! DIG?
I look forward to meeting you at the show and maybe bending some elbow's together.

Keep loose and enjoy that poster I heard you received!!!!!! "your a bad boy,Tony"

Palm Springs were the weather is awesome!!!!!! Maybe not today!

Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-22 12:58 pm   Permalink

UPDATE!!!!!!! JUST ADDED TO THE SHOW FOR SATURDAY DAY AT CALIENTE TROPICS AND M MODERN AT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

WE LOOK FORWARD TO A GREAT PARTY WITH SOME GREAT PEEP'S!!!!!! DIG?

AND WITH OUT THE KINGS IS IT REALLY A PARTY?

THANKS GUY'S FOR GIVING ME A REASON TO KEEP MY ELBOW AT A 90!!!!!!!!!!

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-24 05:09 am   Permalink

Yeee Haaw...I'm in. Just booked and looking forward to my first Palm Springs tiki adventure. I love the Martini Kings....WAY TO GO WILDSVILLEMAN!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 06:23 am   Permalink

Dear Vamp,
Thanks for the support.I think Tiki in Palm Springs go Hand-in-Hand. The real star of this show
is the Tiki Freaks and the Caliente Tropics itself. I look forward to moving and shaking to the sounds
of the Martini Kings myself. It would be cool if we could add a little more Awesomeness to the event by
maybe adding a band like Smokin Menehunes!!!!!! Wait, Maybe I just did!!!!!!!!!More info to come!!!DIG?

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 06:29 am   Permalink

OMG, Wildsville melted and this is all that's left!! Melted into the dirt, where to look? DIG!

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation