FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Palm Springs Moderism Week Feb. 14-24
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Palm Springs Moderism Week Feb. 14-24
Vintage Roadside
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-06 12:13 pm   Permalink

If anyone is headed to the Charles Phoenix show at the Ace on the 19th we'll be hosting a book signing by Charles after his show. Stop by and say hello!

View Profile of Vintage Roadside Send a personal message to Vintage Roadside  Goto the website of Vintage Roadside     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-06 4:56 pm   Permalink

Oh, i'm totally gonne be there. He's so nice. I think he's even the one who showed me your booth at Tiki Oasis this last year.

View Profile of Jetson Send a personal message to Jetson  Email Jetson Goto the website of Jetson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 1:46 pm   Permalink

anyone who is coming to the Shag lunch at TRIO feel free to bring your own tiki mug to be served out of. I am looking forward to seeing the freakies of tiki's very soon.

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-09 5:07 pm   Permalink

Three more days........WoooHooo!!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 7:59 pm   Permalink

Awesome Rory. I have a doug horne mug that hasn't been used yet and I'm dying to break it in. I guess it's that time

And I too am counting the days. thank god I have work to keep me occupied until then

[ This Message was edited by: Jetson 2010-02-11 02:06 ]

View Profile of Jetson Send a personal message to Jetson  Email Jetson Goto the website of Jetson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 9:09 pm   Permalink

If you are at the Shag lunch on Saturday (at TRIO) keep a lookout for some cool Shag tiki mugs from the pink panther movie on Sale. Shag will be in the building to sign the special menu's and mug's if you would like. please remember the lunch is $35 and is selling out quickly. The mug's are by Tiki Farm and we will have a limited number on hand for sale.

These mugs are boxed,and they are designed by Shag and would be great for signing.

come see me it the bar to buy one. We only have enough for about 50 people so get one soon as you get in the door if possible.

See ya in the Springs my Tiki Freaks!!!!!!!!! DIG?

Now beat it!!!!!! Like Frankie

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2010-02-10 21:54 ]

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-11 10:51 am   Permalink

aloha TC friends.
we are headed out to palm springs this weekend and then back to play on the 19th.
A MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!FEB.19TH 5PM TILL 8PM performance by the MARTINI KINGS at THE ELROD HOUSE(james bond house) in PALM SPRINGS. Modernism Week will include three PSPF events: a free lecture on Palm Springs’ modernist architecture, a tour of Frank Sinatra’s Twin Palms Estate and our wildly popular Retro Martini Party. This year’s Retro Martini Party will be held at John Lautner’s famous Arthur Elrod House (1968), described by one commentator as the “world’s greatest living room.” The Elrod House became part of our popular culture when it starred in the 1971 James Bond movie “Diamonds Are Forever.”
to see photos of this cool pad check out the link.
www.palmspringslife.com/Palm-Springs.../Daring-Design/

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-11 12:48 pm   Permalink

Tomorrow............WooHooooo!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deke Kahala
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-12 09:46 am   Permalink

Have fun boys and girls. Make sure to post up some pictures for those of us lost souls who can't make it.

View Profile of Deke Kahala Send a personal message to Deke Kahala      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-12 10:39 am   Permalink

It's only 10:30 and I'm already working out what I'm going to wear tonight. In a perfect world, I would have a great blue sharkskin suit, but I'm poor. lol so I'm making do with thrift store shirts and such. I can't wait to see you all there tonight! Look for me, I'll probably be the youngest guy in the room (22) look for a guy in a gray sharkskin suit with a shirt with squares on it. If i don't have my gray fedora on, I'll just be rockin my fo-hawk. Stop and say hello, I can't wait to finally meet some people from TC

[ This Message was edited by: Jetson 2010-02-12 18:06 ]

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-13 3:58 pm   Permalink

WooHooooo! It's 86 degrees and PS is rockin...where are you??? Will post pics soon

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 5:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-13 15:58, WooHooWahine wrote:
WooHooooo! It's 86 degrees and PS is rockin...where are you??? Will post pics soon

25 degrees & gray! Show me some pics, so I can live vicariously through you guys.

[ This Message was edited by: Big Kahuna 2010-02-13 17:40 ]

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-14 12:22 pm   Permalink

The temperature is rising......another Tiki-rrific Day in PS! WooHooo! If you couldn't make it our here this year mark it on your calendars for next year.

Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-14 1:46 pm   Permalink

The weather has been fantastic! I could definatley go for a dip in the pool at the Tropics

Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-14 2:58 pm   Permalink

just a few pics from this weekend:

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation