FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Velvet Falernum to the US
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Velvet Falernum to the US
Sparkle Mark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-20 6:59 pm   Permalink

I just found one bottle each of Velvet Falernum AND Allspice Dram here:

Bevmo
19524 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91324
(818) 993-3250

Best
Mark

View Profile of Sparkle Mark Send a personal message to Sparkle Mark  Goto the website of Sparkle Mark     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-20 8:24 pm   Permalink

There was one orphaned bottle of Velvet Falernum at the Van Nuys Bevmo as well.
Didn't go in planning to get the Falernum but it looked so lonely on the shelf.
I'm still working on the wonderful home made Falernum that was given to me by Sparkle Mark.

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
van Oosten
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-23 8:20 pm   Permalink

We had a bit of a 'burp in supply to CA - sorry about that - more is on the way in the coming weeks.

View Profile of van Oosten Send a personal message to van Oosten  Goto the website of van Oosten     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sparkle Mark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-24 4:23 pm   Permalink

Well in addition to the St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram there was also another fine Haus Alpenz product sitting alone; the last bottle of Rothman & Winter Crème de Violette. It looked most intriguing.

Murph, I'm glad that you're enjoying it let me know when you're out I've made another batch and I need your feedback.

Best
Mark

View Profile of Sparkle Mark Send a personal message to Sparkle Mark  Goto the website of Sparkle Mark     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
iTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-16 12:32 pm   Permalink

I just gave this a try and thought it was pretty good. Let me know what you think. It's a small twist on a traditional Rum and Coke. I like to use the mexican Coke that you can get in bottles at Costco. It's made with real sugar, not corn syrup. I also use Myers's Original Dark rum. Tall glass packed with crushed ice, 1oz Myers's Original Dark Rum, add Coke to almost top of glass, stir and float 1/2 oz of Velvet Falernum on top. Garnish with a maraschino cherry. I'm not saying this is anything special, but if you enjoy a rum and Coke now and then, it's worth a shot.

Mike

View Profile of iTiki Send a personal message to iTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-17 10:02 am   Permalink

Mike

Meyers' rum is actually clear rum treated with caramel coloring.

You might like to try your recipe with a "real" dark rum like Cruzan Black Strap or Gosling's Black Seal.

Using the Mexican coke is a great idea.
HFCS is the work of satan.
See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
iTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-17 10:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-17 10:02, tikibars wrote:
Mike

Meyers' rum is actually clear rum treated with caramel coloring.

You might like to try your recipe with a "real" dark rum like Cruzan Black Strap or Gosling's Black Seal.

Using the Mexican coke is a great idea.
HFCS is the work of satan.

Thanks, I will have to give that a try. I have some Zaya and Pyrat XO, but I like to save those for Mai Tai's.

Mike

View Profile of iTiki Send a personal message to iTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bridgman

Posted: 2008-11-18 8:29 pm   Permalink

I was in Austin TX last week and stopped in "Specs" on a whim. First comment - holy $%#&^%, why don't we have places like this in Canada ?

Anyways, at the end of the Rum row I found about 20ea bottles of Velvet Falernum and Fees Brothers Falernum. Picked up one of each and got them home safely, but discovered that carrying bottles of liquor in your carry-on is no longer allowed (D'oh!!).

[ This Message was edited by: bridgman 2008-11-18 20:30 ]

View Profile of bridgman Send a personal message to bridgman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation